xisto Community
emperor

What's Your Favourite Book? Why? A small investigation about most popular books

How many books do you read each year  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

my most favorite book is: chicken soup for the teenage sould. volume 1 to 3. i like chicken soup for the teenage soul verymuch because when i started reading it, i started to become more and more interested with it. cause it's unlike other books, this chicken soup for the teenage soul has many stories in it. its all about lovers relationships, getting over with your ex., healing your broken heart, about friendship, love for families, family problems, tough stuffs that can a teenager encounter.. damn, it is really good. one time, when i had aproblem, then i read this book again, i was somehow relieved. it is like a power book. you can gain your strength just by reading this book. anyways, chicken soup has many other books like: chicken soup for he unsinkable soul, chicken soup for the mother's soul.. chicken soup for the singles' soul, chicken suop for the lover's soul.. chicken soup for the college soul and so manymany more..

I don't really like reading, but every now and then I do, usually for school and all. I have two favorite books:1-Harry Potter and The Goblet Of Fire: I'm a fan of the series but this one is my favorite. I was 10 when I read it and I finished it in 3 days! And I have to really like the story to read 600 pages in 3 days. I like it because it's interesting and has mystery. I didn't want to stop reading. I even read it twice :lol: 2-Little Women: My mom bought it for me and I loved it! I think that's one of those books every little girl reads. It's sad I couldn't find the second part but I watched the movie and figured out what happened. I love this book because... I can feel identified with it. The 4 main characters are normal girls and normal stuff happens to them. It's actually part of Louisa May Alcott's life: the story of her and her 3 sisters. It just made me feel so much.

Books make you look geeky ... i don't like geeks... :lol: (j/k) geeks are ppl too :( but i still dont like book and i've tried to read LOTR but the book is too long and it got pretty boring the second day..

I used to read a LOT of books, but since I entered high school, I didn't have too much time on my hands, and my dad's saving money, so I can't get any new ones. My favorite book? I like classics, so I like A Little Princess and Pollyanna. I also like reading other books. I'm not sure if they're my favorites, but I like reading them. I'm just not sure... There's a lot. :lol:

I have many favorite books but here are some of the ones that I can remember:

The Island of Lost Maps by Miles Harvey:

Very intersting book on the life of a major map thief who got away with almost anything that laid before him. The Island of Lost Maps talk about life and its connection to the ancient world; something we don't see too often.

The Odyssey by Homer:

Classic books for almost all age categories. Every chapter has a purpose in it to predict the next event. This book is filled with actions, excitement, and honor.

The House of Scorpion by Nancy Farmer:

At first I thought this book was going to be boring but I sure was wrong. This book is about cloning and its evil for the other 'clone'. Filled with action and excitement on every page, your eyes will probably fail you before you finger stop turning the page.

All of Redwall series by Brian Jacques:

These series are really really really good. Action, romance, vengeance, teamwork, and many more are depicted in any of these books. Breathtaking and a page turner.

In all my life I love to read since I was little. Books to me are the future, where even computers cannot replace. I've read many more books but ADMIN will probably shut down this thread if I keep on typing :lol: So that's it for now. Have a good day everyone.

I love the Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan. Its a good book. It tells about Chinese people and their struggles in China and America. They have different people telling their own story and each one is interesting. I haven't read the DaVinci Code but i think its a good book. Everybody around me is raving about it and stuff. So you might wanna check that out. Harry potter is ok.

my fav. book is "The last detective" by Robert Crais. what a book!!! its really fast and the plot is cool. after that my fav would defintly be the " da vinci code"

My favourite book of all time has to be The Hitchhikers' Guide To The Galaxy. I first read it in 1996 and have been a great fan ever since. I am also a great fan of Bill Bryson's books, and tried writing a piece in a similar style, although it didn't come up to expectations, so I abandoned it :rolleyes: . I have also recently enjoyed reading the Reginald Perrin series by David Nobbs. These choices are all humorous, however, I also read many crime and detective novels.

As I can't decide, I have two favourite books.

* The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night Time by Mark Haddon

* The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams

137397[/snapback]

Ah... couldn't agree more. Both the books are absolutely wonderful, my favorites too.

My favourite books are "The Fundation" by Isaac Asimov and "1984" by George Orwell. Why? I just like SF a lot...I like everything that is releated to SF.  Some could say 1984 is not SF. Well they might be true but I also find that book interesting because like Jules  Verne it anticipated some things... Everyone that saw Fahrenheit 911 knows what I'm talking about  :rolleyes:

138003[/snapback]

I liked 84 too, I thought it was a powerful satire more than a hard core SF book. It had elements of SF, obviously, and considering 1984 was written in 1948, it makes you get the creepy feeling Orwell could 'see' far ahead of his time :lol: I just finished reading Animal Farm, it's more F [fantasy], and hardly SF - but if you like Orwell, I think it's a very good read. Especially if you like political satires.

I don't have 'a' favorite book, there are a lot of books I have liked very much, and I owe them all a lot - they've grown on me, become - in some cases - a part of who I am (which is not much yet, but never mind that, lol). Most memorable would probably be Kafka's Metamorphosis and Sartre's No Exit. (I even managed to write columns on these books, and they're published online. Not sure if including a link would be ok or not, so I'll just skip it for the moment.)

Cheers!

My favorite book is defenitly Old Man and Sea by Ernest Hemingway. Why I liked this book? Cause it putted me in my fantasy world and I read it in a moment, thats how good it was. Cause I liked how Hemingway presented the power of nature over the man, how small we are and insignifigant to the planet Earth. But if I look at situation today in the world where mankind thinks that rules this planet, but actually we/they are wrong and will end up like dinousaurs millions years ago.

My favorite books are the Icewind Dale Trilogy that was written by R.A. Salvatore. This book is a great fantasy book. I got really involved in the story and I would read this book for hours a day, which I wouldn't normally do. I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes fantasy books.

I like to read books..when I read a book,I can see the pictures it is some kind of movie for me.I like to read everything about the theme of anthologie.One of the best book I read is:The Mammoth Book of Egyptian Whodunnits,by Mike Ashley.It is a very interesting book,with dozen stories,like Cleopatra and Herodotus,Howard Carter and the Curse of the Pharaohs,the investigators in The Mammoth Book of Egyptian Whodunnits uncover the murder mysteries of Ancient Egypt,etc.It's very interesting and colorfull,I recommend it! :D