xisto Community
emperor

What's Your Favourite Book? Why? A small investigation about most popular books

How many books do you read each year  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I liked the whole bunch of Harry Potter books.I liked chamber of secrets and Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of fire the fifth part is relly boaring with NO QUIDITCH!!I also like Hard boys, written by Franklin W Dixon. I have read 23 Hardy Boys Books.And then I read some comics and other stupid books.

I think my favorite is Harry Potter, 'cause I love magic things and I really loved this history, but I'm reading Operation Trojan Horse and I'm getting interested in every book, but actually my favorite is Harry Potter!

my favourite book is for sure Hitchicker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.Thta books il something like quality Science Fiction, with a big dose of funny thingies... Some of words from that book are like legend, i think everyone who have good "spice" should read that book.

My favorite book (dont laugh) is Tom Sawyer's adventures by Mark Twain.when i was 12-13 years old i used to read that book from one end to another every week. I couldnt get enough of it. The way that mark twain wrote the book made me get more into it everytime i re-read it.Ive read many books since but no other book made me re-read it as much as i read that one.This topic gave me an ideea, i might re-read it now, 10 years later :blink:

I haven't been reading many books lately. Usually when I do I go for John Grisham or Stephen King novels. Lawful and Scary. Once in a great blue moon, I'll pick up a romane novel. I shy away from those self-help books and diet books. A book has to be able to pull me in right from the begiining. If it doesn't, I start to forget what I just read and/or doze off.

I have got to say that my favorite book, or at least the fisrt book that comes to mind when asked what my favorite book is, is 1984 by George Orwell. It lets me release my emotions in a way that no other activity nor book is able to do. The ending literally throws you a punch, and you have nothing to do but take it and sort of stare at the last sentence in awe. And... the first time I read it I got a kick out of the first sentence, which, if I remember correctly, is: It was a cold sunny day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen. I think. Something like that, anyway.Oh right, the main reason I like George Orwell's 1984 is its strong statements (indirect statements, that is... ugh how I love yet despise implicitity) about how society is, or how society will be because of how society is. And the ending.... gotta love the ending, in a hateful manner.

I have no idea how you people manage to choose your favorite book! I might be able to chose a favorite in a genre... So, let's say fantasy is one of my favorite genres.My favorite book would be.. Uhm.. Not Lord of the Rings, because it is a little too descriptive. The Singer of all Songs is really awesome, but so is The Red Dragon (Not the Stephen King one of course!)And all the classics <_< Like Harry Potter and all that stuff!

my favorite books (sorry but I cant decide cuz ive read so many) are:Harry Potter Goblet of Fire and Order of PhoenixSeventh Tower:Into Battle and Violet KeystoneRedwall:Rakkety Tam,Long Patrol,and SalamandastronAll the Bartimaeus books