xisto Community
AbstracT

I Hate Microsoft Word

Microsft word is A LOT better than Word Processor in my opinion.. It's ugly!!! And does hardly anything!!! I don't even have Microsoft word, but it's good for homework essays etc.. because of the spelling and theasaurus[sp] thing... we have the new baby blue one.. pft.. at least it's something simple and efficient to use for all ages.

I think saying MS word should have never been made is a bit harsh. It is alright. The best version of MS Word is on Macs- OSX .. It looks cool and easy to use i guess. But i think its a smart idea to CTRL-S after every half page. My OS X never crashes. It hasn't crashed once in the whole year and a half I have had it. Apple are good. My IT class is so irratating. We have to use windows computers, word .. all that :o So boring too. Systems man, we are learning about systems.

Word is annoying, like every Microsoft program but I hate Word specially. It?s the antithesis to a program who makes what the user wants. And I hate their ortographic corrector... dunno if it works properly with english but it is really awful with the spanish dictionary.

Microsoft Word is not that bad. It may not be as good as Word Perfect, but it's no worse than Wordpad either. I don't think that I've ever had problems with MS Word. I think I hate AOL more than MS Word (it crashes too often for me, but that's another topic). But I will admit that most MS programs that I have used are cruddy and annoying, especially PowerPoint and Access.

I also hate Microsoft Word.I had to pay $100 for it in the first place and its not really that improved from Microsoft Works. I had a hard time saving in Microsoft Word until I figure that Microsoft Word can not save to half used floppies. I then had to hurry to Wal-Mart and pick up some floppies since my report was due the next day..

I despise MSWord. It's slow, it keeps crashing on me, and makes my other programs slower. Why on earth would a Word Processing program take so much memory!? Isn't WordPad a bit similar to MSWord? Why can't they make it as fast as that? They crammed too many stuff into it that makes it slower.For those of you who don't experience MSWord slowtime and crashes, good for you. As a result, I try not to use MSWord. I will if I have to, but, I hardly do.

We have Microsoft Works Word and home and only crashes when Windows shuts down which is when you've saved your documents. We have word at school and I've known people who've had whole folders of word documents deleted! It's a private account and no-one knows their password, and even if they did why would they pick out word documents!The cheaper things are better. Go mswkswrd.exe! -_-

Its not that I hate Microsoft Word. It does need some changes though for it to work efficiently.1. Microsoft Word takes forever for it to load and startup, expecially when you have Norton, and it likes to scan when opening Word.2. The addon extensions like Adobe Acrobat pro, which adds to your taskbar at the top, really slows it down especially.If Microsoft redesigns Word, I would hope it would be more optimized, because the load time is just really brutal.

Yes, very useless and I too hate it. I run Linux and have OpenOffice. I say that it is the 2nd best (after MS Office) and the best office suite for other OS that it supports.OpenOffice only crashed on their milestone builds for 2.x, so that was no prob.yes, CTRL+S should be your best friend....xboxrulz

I know exactly how you guys feel.One day, I was staying up finishing my outline for my paper (2 pages). I neglected to save because I thought to myself, "Hey, I could never accidently exit out of this, right?" Wrong. The next thing I knew, I had a million windows, out and my taskbar was filled up, so I started exiting out of programs. Guess what? I exited my outline, and it was midnight! I had to stay up to write the darn thing again. -_- I guess this is partly my fault because I did not want to save, but I also learned something else from this - bring back my keylogger. That thing helps so much because you could easily retrace your steps!

I stayed up all night yesterday to finish up my 10 page paper for philosophy. My microsoft word normally auto save my work after a couple of minutes..So when I was on my 5th page it was saved but it never saved when I reached my 10th page. So after I put my finishing touches my paper and was about to save it the program froze. I mean I couldn't move the cursor I couldn't do anything..I wasn't running any extra programs so it wasn't that prob...I stared at my screen for a whole hour hoping it will just come back to normal and it didn't...I had to type up the rest of the 5 pages AGAIN!

129065[/snapback]

I hear ya I used to use MS word for one thing setting up tables to do my timesheet for the week. Microsoft seems to be in the habit of releasing bugged software of course whats new look at windows lol.

There is an alternative if you choose to use it which is Open Office located at http://www.openoffice.org/ Free opensource and compatible with .doc's maybe something to look into i have long since switched to this to rid my system of as much MS materials besides the os itself.

Hope it all works out for ya in the end and in the future.