xisto Community
iGuest

What is your favourite book ?

My favorite book is, and I suspect will always be, Dune. The following books of Dune Messiah and Children of Dune are also quite good, but his second trilogy while interesting is not as good, but then again it would be hard to equal the excellence of the balancing forces and the compelling aspects of the original characters and plot.My favorite author is Terry Pratchett. His Discworld is a compelling place with interesting people doing ordinary and interesting people things. But don't even try to read it in chronological order or the first two books may well lose you. Just find one whose description looks interesting and begin there.

On The Road by Jack KerouacSiddharthaThe Stranger by Albert CamusDharma Bums by Jack KerouacFear and Loathing In Las Vegas by Hunter S. ThompsonThe Old Man And The Sea by Earnest Hemingway-They are all must reads

I have several favorite books. Let me range them!Here is my top 51-The miserables-Victor Hugo2-A tale of two cities-Charles Dickens3-The Da Vinci Code-Dan Brown4-Harry Potter series-J.K Rowling5-Ramses-Christian Jacq

My favourite books are the ones by Dan brown, Jeffrey Archer, Eoin colfer, Erle Stanley Gardner, PG Wodehouse and christopher paolini......Every single book by them is amazing!!!!

I do love the DaVinci Code, but that's too common of an answer. I have way too many favorite books, being an English major, but my favorites include: The Great Gatsby, The Bible, Great Expectations, The DaVinci Code, Light In August, and Sense and Sensibility. I love the good old classics that aren't just a simple good story, but they have real meaning and purpose in them. Light In August may have to be my favorite for its complexity, great writing, developed characters, and pure awesomeness.

One of my favorite books has got to be Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.

For those of you who haven't read it, it is a book about a utopian society where everyone is genetically engineered in factories and everyone is conditioned rather than raised. This book was published in 1932, the phrase "genetic engineer" hadn't even been coined. I like this book because it is way ahead of its time. It isn't a lengthy book, so i recommend that anyone with half a mind check it out.

Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell (by Susanna Clarke) hands down. I have lots and lots of favorite books, but it's so hard to narrow it down . . . Battle Royale, Lord of the Flies, The Twelve Kingdoms, and just about anything Orson Scott Card and Terry Pratchett writes. Nrrgh. *happiness*

I can't name exactly one book, but a book and two series.In no order, The Raven's Gate Series, Maximum Ride Series, and the book "Little Brother" By Cory Doctorow.You should really check these books out. More detailed names are Maximum Ride 1, Maximum Ride 2 - Schools Out Forever, Maximum Ride 3 - Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports, Maximum Ride 4 - Final Warning, Nightrise, Evil Star, Raven's Gate, and Little Brother.

My favorite book of all time would have to be within the fantasy genre :D. Quite a popular one, and an abused one. Straken by Terry Brooks. Best. Thing. Ever. Not only is he able to demonstrate in the book that a character's physical quest is a metaphysical quest for self, but he also paints an idealistic environment where the colors seem more vibrant, and the landscapes more stunning. And he's able to do it without a load of verbiage, which is what some authors try to do. My favorite book by my favorite author :(. I just love the way his realities seem so surreal. He has a way of capturing you and bringing you into the story in such a way that you never want to leave. I remember that when reading the last book, Straken, I stayed up until 5 AM just so that I could finish the entire story in one block. Simply elegant. Everyone should read it.

i normally do not read big books. I stick to small stories, small books and lots and lots of newspapers and magazines. I do read some books after recommendations from lots of my friends. So... thats how things work till now.. :D

my favourite book is as you like it, it contains some love stories. which has its own featuresthis book provid s me with very nice love stories, which hel me to think abot love, how it ismy other favourite book is julious ciesermy favroute book is aviyas pustika, it helpme lot to gain my knowledge. i had gain lot of information form it

Notice from rvalkass:
Another double post merged.