xisto Community
iGuest

What is your favourite book ?

I would have to say anything by Tom Clancy, currently I am into the series Net Force, right now I am reading "Flow my tears, the policeman said" by Philip K. *BLEEP*, which is an excellent book and I would say everyone should read it.

Well... So many books...The one I'm currently reading is The Da Vinci Code, after that, it'll be Angels and Demons, both by Dan Brown...Others I read are all the Sherlock Holmes series by Sir Arthur Connan Doyle, then, I read Tarzan series, old books really... Several books by Agatha Christie... A ton of other, technical books... I like to read, actualy...Arthur C. Clark - all of his books I think... Red, Green and Blue Mars books, Hitchikers giude, and all the sequels...Oh, and let's not forget The Hobbit (or There and Back), The Lord of The Rings, Silmarilion...

My favourite book of all time would either have to be "Bridge Of Birds" or "Enders Game". The latter one is by Orson Scott Card and it's a sci-fi novel. It also has two other book that go along with it, by two different people's point of view during the same thing. I've only read one of those, thoughI read Bridge Of Birds when I was nine, and it still holds the number one book in my mind. My grade seven teacher started to read it to us, but never finished. It didn't matter to me, seeing as how I'd already read it, but I felt a little regret for those who hadn't, oblivious that they were really missing out.

I love The Five People You Meet In Heaven, by Mitch Albom. It's about this man who has died, and has moved on to the afterlife. He meets five people there, each of them significant in some way in his life. They are either people he know, or people he doesn't know, but all of them have affected him in some way. It's a really interesting book, and it's wonderfully written.

I love "Twilight" It's about a vampire and it's going to be a series of 4 books altogether. It's an adult/teen book if anyone think it sounds cool. I recommend it highly!

my personal favourite book is the "the spine of the world" by R.A Salavatore. Its the story of a tormented warrior, whos lost all will to live. He stumbles upon a bar in city with docks, so theres alot of people coming in and going out. He makes some trouble at the bar, and he gets kicked out, but the bar keep, feels for him, so he hires him as a bouncer. And he falls in love with the bar keeps daughter, and theres more problems, and he meets a guy called Morik, whos an assassin, and they become freinds. and go on adventures and stuff

The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy serie. It's incredebly funny and I love how 70% of the book has nothing to do with the main serie. Also gives you an amazing amount of quotes. Gotta love the one about the babel fish:Now it is such a bizarrely impossible coincidence that anything so mind-bogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the nonexistence of God. The arguement goes something like this:"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.""But," say Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.""Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't though of that" and promply vanishes in a puff of logic.Roflmao.Empy

Edited by Empy (see edit history)

There are too many books for me to have one favriout.

A Song of Ice and Fire;

From the ones I have read (The first two), it seems to be a really good series. One of the big points I like is that the characters ain't black and white, they are all shades of grey.

David Gemmell's books are a great light read, although they all seem to become fairly similar after a while. The best series in my opinion was the Reganti (sp?) series, because all apart from the last book, they were all very different. I recommend you read it if you haven't.

Wheel of Time:

I enjoyed the first part of the series, but it went down hill in books 6 - 10, it still is a very good read.

Discworld.

Read them. I don't get half the jokes because I am too young, and haven't had enough life experience. A horse, a horse, a kingdom for my horse I didn't get until I had read more shakespeare. Still, you have some very good stuff in those books.

Edited by Yacoby (see edit history)

My all time favourite book is non-other than Lord Of The Rings by JRR Tolkien. Love the story. One of the best fiction books ever :blink:. I love the way Tolkien writes his story. Very interesting stuff. And oh yeah, he was the person who started all these magical creatures and stuff. Haha! Awesome :wacko:.

My favorite book is Warriors of God which is by James Reston Jr. It is about part of the capture of Jerusalem from the Crusaders by Saladin along with the events leading up to it, and it then focuses about the Richard the Lionheart, Saladin, and other notable characters. It gives also in in-depth look on the backgrounds of many main people during the Crusades along with a look in of events etc.. I favor it mainly because I have an interest in history, its effects on today's world. I mainly enjoy the Medieval period in history

Edited by mojoman (see edit history)

My favourite book of allll time is the Samurai's garden. Even though i read it in like what?? grade 6. i still love it and uhm i gotta say i was pretty mature back then ahahaha. I love this book so much because i was sooo interested in the japanese culture back then and this book dates back to the late 1800's. Its about discrimation and hope. A very good read! I recommend it to all!!