xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

The best internet browser!

Ok, I have Firefox now,it is good, but I still can't see things that are really so very much better than IE that can outweigh the thing that you can't open some sites.I think I'm gonna use both IE and Firefox for a while now and I'll see what comes out as the best 'for me'.

Yeah, that's something my brother told me too.Firefox is safer than IE.But he is using IE again :? because he didn't like the fact that some sites look bad on firefox and they look good on IE.

Hands down, right now the best browser is Firefox.One of the main reasons it's the best is something that you can't actually see, and that is the secure code that's used to render pages, the UI also makes for faster downloading of pages, which is something that would be more noticable if you still have dial up.The built in pop-up blocker is excellent too.Another thing that makes FF great is all of the extension you can add to it.Right now I have about 12 that I use, but there are WAY more if you want to get crazy with them. you can also skin the browser, which some people like to do.Finally, tabbed browsing! I usually have about 9 or 10 tabs open at a time. It just makes everything so much easier then constantly opening windows.The only thing I would say that will give FF a run in the future, is the new google browser. They recently hired the old lead developer for FF, so you know the browser will be very similar.

Yeah, that's something my brother told me too.Firefox is safer than IE.
But he is using IE again  :?  
because he didn't like the fact that some sites look bad on firefox and they look good on IE.

They only will look bad if the people that made them are too lazy to properly code them. Firefox renders w3c compliant pages perfectly.

Ok, I have Firefox now,it is good,  
but I still can't see things that are really so very much better than IE that can outweigh the thing that you can't open some sites.
I think I'm gonna use both IE and Firefox for a while now and I'll see what comes out as the best 'for me'.

You can't open most sites because most sites do not make websites which are accessible - to all web-browsers. Due to the sudden uprise in people using firefox, I feel that more and more sites will become "firefox-friendly". :lol:

Yes but what can you do about it now ?If a friend of you is making a site (I have a few friends who are trying that) and he asks you how his site looks, and it is maybe not a very good made site, but you can't say 'sorry, your site is too crap at the moment so I can't view it with my Firefox, ow wait, I will open it with IE :wink: It is just an example.

Another thing that makes FF great is all of the extension you can add to it.Right now I have about 12 that I use, but there are WAY more if you want to get crazy with them. you can also skin the browser, which some people like to do.

What do you mean with those extensions ?
Can you give a few examples or links ?

Another thing that makes FF great is all of the extension you can add to it.
Right now I have about 12 that I use, but there are WAY more if you want to get crazy with them. you can also skin the browser, which some people like to do.

What do you mean with those extensions ?
Can you give a few examples or links ?

In Firefox go tools then extensions an there will be a link to mozilla's plug-in/extensions/themes page.