xisto Community
iGuest

Whats the most recent movie you watched?

The last movie I saw was not in the cinemas but at home, and that movie was Transformers.. lolBefore that I watched High School Musical 2, Suddenly 30 etc. all of which my sister was watching. There aren't many movies out in cinemas so i don't really want to go out and see one at the moment :lol:

Last weekend i saw "school of rock", "alien vs predator II", "1408" (horror) which was very good, actualy it was one of the best horror movies that i ever seen in my life besides the the the "prophecies of the mothman" with richard gere and another horror movie named "living with the dead" with the protagonist of the comedian series "cheers".I usually see horror movies, i love to make my girlfriend scary, then she stays quiet and i hold her tight in my harms, well, not only for that reason, but also because i like to be scared sometimes, it makes me stronger.

Edited by Lyon2 (see edit history)

The latest movie I have seen was on Tuesday with my mates, and that was 10,000BC. At first I didn't think it would've been excellent, but after leaving the cinema when it ended I was actually more impressed with what they had made.Fair enough it was rather hard to gather all the information that was being broadcasted throughout the movie, but it was very interesting at the same time. I'd say you would have to see it a few times before you can capture every single thing that goes on in the movie.Overall, I'd give it a rating of around 8/10.

Just got done watchign American Gangster.It was a great movie, I love gangster stuff anyways and the true story aspect is what got me interested in the first place.I was impressed with Denzel Washington playing Frank Lucas, He was a very convincing Gangster. I loved how he just looked like he could cold bloodedly kill someone in the street and then go back and sit down and have dinner like nothing happened.My only major gripe with the movie was that the cops WOULD NOT tail people as close. Even a 5 year old would spot the tail if they did like in that movie.

I think it was The Cleaner...Yeah, the movie sucked really badly, I couldn't get a single grasp of the storyline :lol: I like how they could clean up crime scenes though, that was kinda cool...I guess ;) I really want to watch 21 but it isn't out here :)

"One Missed Call"And it was bad. O heavens was it bad. It was worse than "The Ring". I wish they ( people who make movies) would produce and put out a decent horror flick instead of these audience under mining tripe filled flicks. UGH!!!

I have watched Amores Perros and also a short film by a brazilian film director called The Shed. Amores perros is a spanish feature film with Gael Garcia as one of the protagonist.The short film, I had the opportunity to watch online, if anyone wants to watch, let me know, I will send the link.RegardsCrazy Producer !!! :lol:

No Country For Old Men. TL Jones is not a good actor. I think he played the same character in this movie that he played in that movie with Kate Blanchette, can't think of the title now... Missing? Anyway, aside from his droll performance, the movie was actually really fun to watch. I would've liked more of Woody Harrilson and less of Mr. Jones, but what can you do? I highly recommend this one. It's the best movie I've seen in quite a while, but it is quite graphic, so leave the 12 and younger crowd out of the room unless they're already desensitized.

the most recent film that i have seen was high school musical 2oppinion of the film: fantastic its as good as the first one fingers crossed that the next one will be just as goodi watched this last night as i had a bit of a movie night with some friends we watched:tuxedorush hourstar wars 3high school musical 2spiderman 2most of which i had seen but its always good to watch films again that you havent seen in a long time.

I've been watching DVD's the past few weeks now and I'm glad to have come across some superb movies

El Orfanato (The Orphanage)

From the director of Pan's Labyrinth, El Orfanato is a horror/drama movie that revolves around an orphanage (duh) Far be it from me to spoil any more details than that, I'd say El Orfanato is, to me, quite disturbing. Remember those times of old when horror movies were more like thrillers, what with their sudden GAH!-inducing sound effects? Remember those classic B-movies where everyone simply has to navigate a house by candlelight, probably because the power's out? Now, remember those Asian horror movies that spook you with the "what ifs" after the movie? "Gawd, what if I'm gonna die in 7 days? What if that was THE movie?"

Now, imagine all those come together and you get El Orfanato. It's not much like Texas Chainsaw massacre; it is almost devoid of blood and gore. It actually re-awakened my childhood fears of something... disembodies. Y'know, spirits taking on corporeal form? After the movie, I couldn't sleep, not because of spooks... well, not entirely because of a bad case of the spooks but I was wondering... what if I were to die like that? And my corpse was to be left undiscovered for 9 months? Or, worse, 25 years?

Ugh, anyway, just watch it. You'll probably call me a wimp... well, yeah. Blame El Orfanato for it :D

Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi (Spirited Away)

From famed Japanese animator, Hayao Miyazaki, Spirited Away is, with all honesty, an Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass movie. The story is quite simple, the heroine enters a strange realm, has a couple of adventures and, eventually, returns to the real world. It is a story of growing up, of moving into a new environment, of childhood memories and, uh, purity of heart (sorry for being so cheesy)

Well, that's pretty much it for the similarities. I do like, however, the surreal environment of that other world. Faceless shadows riding on a train, a wraith-like creature with a Noh mask, frogs working in a bath house, floating sorceresses with large heads, river gods and a rather festive atmosphere every night; what's not to like?

It also touches on other themes such as the importance of a person's name (or identity), greed and gluttony, the dumping of junk on rivers and the disappearance of water forms to make way for "civilization" These themes are, I found, rather close to my heart.

Well, it may also be that I am just easily fascinated by magic. Either way, I think Spirited Away is a great film. The heroine is rather whiny and irritating at first but bear with it. It's all worth it, I assure you :D

The last movie I watched was Man of the year, It's a Robin Williams one, where he plays a politcal comedian (like John Stewart & Stephen Colbert) and runs for president. Due to a new computer based voting system with a glitch he wins. A woman finds out about the glitch (works for the company that made the computer voting systems) and tells her CEO about the glitch (after running a mock election) and discovers the glitch. I thought it was a good movie. I liked the way the 'What if a clown was king' sort of thing to it.