xisto Community
choetry

How Long Has Your Site Been With Trap17? Just a general survey

1. How long has your site been with Xisto?2. And have you had any major problem with it?And if you are a mod, how long has this site been running? And how many sites are hosted by Trap 17 (Approximately)?I am asking this because everyday I see threads about accounts being suspended for unknown reasons, and just wondering if it would happen to me one day:DAnd what's the maximum inactivity period tolerated by Xisto? I heard you can get your credits up till enough for a few years, but I don't think my site will be there after a year if i come back and check again after a year of inactivity (even if I have 500 credit points).I am a member for less than a week and so far it's been great, my site loads even when the Xisto main page and forum don't.

I have been hosted with Xisto for few weeks, i havent had any problem yet.I did something wrong with my cpanel and nilsc had to fix it.From.::DAMAN::.

My site is on Xisto for a long time. I first started in October 2004.

Six months of free hosting is not something that you can expect with any other free host. They close down much earlier.

Fortunately, that's not the case with Xisto. The promise is 'forever'. But the return promise expected from every member is that they will 'behave', that is they do not disobey the 'terms of service', and keep sufficient hosting credits.

Xisto is up for nearly a year now and never looked like it is going to go down! Downtimes are also infrequent and very short whenvr they do occur.

The suspended members are the ones who have misbehaved or those who are inactive for a long time.

So, enjoy your time here and be assured that your hosting here will stay free a loooong loooong time...

Good luck
Googlue

well,i have been in Xisto for a long time since last fall.i started my site on Xisto is about november 2004.there are not big problem happened on my site ,but i could not open my site at times for some unkonwn reason not for suspended.in all,Xisto bring me rather good and convenient web host.next what we hope is more space offered by Xisto sometime.

I first found out about Trap 17 in November last year, and immediately registered, and got my hosting very quickly. My site has been up and running for almost 5 months, without a glitch. Server downtimes are minimal, and actualy expected. In fact, they are shorter than server downtimes for some paid hosts I know of, so, this is great. Trap 17 offers everything a paid host does, and all they expect in return, is we give back something for the community. I started working now, and have less time on my hands, but I try as much as I can to come, and write a few quality posts, that can help someone. That's all there is to it, nothing more, nothing lessTrap 17 rules! :)So, my site has been hosted for ~5 months, and I had no problems with it. Ever.

Sorry about those numerous Account Suspend messages. It is obvious that many members will fear it. But trust me, The hosting credits system is really Generous when it comes to giving hosting credits. If you come up alternate days and spend just 5 mins or even less than it.. you will able to collect a lot of credits. But however, If you sit and try collecting in BULK, It will be difficult.Ok, as for the many new topics regarding account suspended. It is because of 2 reasons.1> After the hosting credits system was online, there were many members who were inactive. And those accounts were suspended. This is the main reason why this system was developed so that we can provide hosting to only those people who actually contribute something to this community.2> The second reason is the server shift. The hosting credits validator runs every 1 hour. It does the main job of checking the accounts. Now, recently we had a server shift. The problem occured when we realised that the data on the old server was not deleted and the CRONs were still active over there. Because of this, the hosting credits of members were getting expired in the old records and they were getting suspended. However, the new records at this present server were safe and did not reflect any suspension. And that was also the main reason for members recieving false emails regarding Account Suspension. I am very much sorry for this ... but mistakes do happen. Since, all the scripts are being developed from scratch (by me), there is still testing to be done. And bugs are fixed as we encounter them.Also, I request members whose accounts have been suspended and know that they have sufficient credits to directly contact me by PM and not make new topics. Making such topics simply give us bad reputation. Also, being professional in our work, we don't belive in deleting those topics or posts but try to solve them openly and keep the matter transparent.Sincerely,OpaQueOwner/AdministratorXisto : Free Web Hosting CompanyXisto Corporation

See the date I started here? Well I think like a week or two or whatever after that. I didn't really actually want to be hosted.. I did but not here because I didn't realise it offered so much stuff.. so in the beginning I think I was only addicted to posting.. as some of you know, I went kind of mad and stuff (lol)Thats probably like 5 months or more, I don't exactly know. I've had no problems that were caused by Xisto and I love it.

Well i started here close to the time it was first brought up and got popular. I think it was like August of '04 when i first started this site and i was hosted by end of that month i believe. There really hasnt been many problems at all. The recent suspended accounts script bugs. I have been suspended recently over spring break because i was gone and couldnt post but once i got back and got like 4 credit i was back online that day i dont know whats happening to the rest of them.

Well, I joined Xisto in October last year and I got my hosting up quite a while after that, (I had to spend some time trying to fix my pc) and I've had it ever since then, about 4-5 months and my site has been fine with no problems at all. But there was one problem where I once went off and had 3 credits and went back on later on in the day and managed to go to 0.1 credits or something. But that probably was just random and I got my hosting credits back up again. Thats about it, Xisto is just great :)

My site, feiticeira.trap17.com has been for a month and a half more or less in Xisto. I had tried to settle down with three or four fee hostings before but unfortunately they soon dissapeared or gave too much problems and my visitors got bored. Xisto works extremely good by now and I thank them for that.Only one day databases were down for a couple of hours but it?s a totally reasonable period.

I think I got my site here last October. There have only been a couple of short sql outages... and those were early on. It's been smooth sailing so far this year.

I joined Xisto in October 2004 and have not had much problem with the hosting. The forums and hosting are both gr8.Thanks Opaque for building such a gr8 community and also for the gr8 free hosting.Cheers.

1. How long has your site been with Xisto?

2. And have you had any major problem with it?

And if you are a mod, how long has this site been running? And how many sites are hosted by Trap 17 (Approximately)?

And what's the maximum inactivity period tolerated by Xisto?

69276[/snapback]

1. My site has been with Xisto for less than a month. I took time to make my first 50 posts before I applied, and that took about a week

2. No major problems at all. I think this site has been running for less than a year because if you look at the time OpaQue joined, it says June of 2004, and he's the first person to create an account here. I'm not too sure on the number of sites hosted at Xisto

2. The maximum time of inactivity available, or the maximum hosting credits you can obtain, is (correct me if I'm wrong) 118.6 years. :)

I have been hosted since before christmas, and the only problems ive had, were ones i made, not counting all the times the mysql server went down.Overall, i love it, if i could keep my hosting credits up and actually work on my site which hasnt seen an update in months because ive been soo busy.

been here since the admin's name was admin. back in summer of 05.. been a while.. been a while...and not one problem!