xisto Community
choetry

How Long Has Your Site Been With Trap17? Just a general survey

I've been with it for a Few Weeks, but got suspended once because I was on holiday to Australia :D So there was no Major Problems but im saving up to Upgrade My Account (I Need more space to create a Forum)Current Things installed - Mambo Open Source Portal (Doesnt Come With A Forum) So thats why im upgrading, I Want a PHPBB Forum or the SWF One :D There both Good !SO THANK YOU Xisto FOR YOUR GREAT SERVICE AND ONCE AGAIN YOUR GREAT HOSTING :P Lost count on how many times ive thanked you :)

Wow, the response is great... Thanks to the moderators again for making such a good host...

2. The maximum time of inactivity available, or the maximum hosting credits you can obtain, is (correct me if I'm wrong) 118.6 years. :)

69398[/snapback]

? That means if you can get enough credits fr 118.6 years, you can remain inactive after that? :P

I've been with Xisto since october 2004. It's been a bit of a rocky journey at times but hey, you can't complain much when it's free.

1. How long has your site been with Xisto?

2. And have you had any major problem with it?

69276[/snapback]

1. About 1 year... (I got my site hosted at the end of june 2004)

2. No, never. Some minor problems that where fixed very fast

1. How long has your site been with Xisto?

I dont know since November

2. And have you had any major problem with it?

Sometimes the mysql went down a few times which was a bit annoying but apart from that everythings great. I wasnt too happy about the active script but it's made me more active and my accounts only been suspended once which was when the script was introduced. :) I've only started actually using the hosting since january. The only reason i got the site before was because i wanted somewhere for my php testing

looks like all the problems Xisto has are about mysql, which I totally have no clue about what that is, so i don't use it, and i don;t think i'll have any problems with this site as long as i keep posting then:P

looks like all the problems Xisto has are about mysql, which I totally have no clue about what that is, so i don't use it, and i don;t think i'll have any problems with this site as long as i keep posting then:P

70091[/snapback]

Mmmh, MySQL is a database 'language'. Many CMS's (Content Management Systems), blogs, shoutboxes, shopping carts and almost every script that writes data somewhee uses it. The mysql databases sometimes go down due to scripts that overload the server, causing it to crash or reboot

I have been with Xisto for about a year now. Xisto was a better host back then, with no such thing as the Credit System. I don't know whether the change to the credit system was a result of abous from users, or the admin had turned more ambitious for advertisments, but frankly, I cannot say I like the system. Xisto, though, is a very stable host. It is actually more stable then hosts from big companies. I build my blog on Xisto and the downtime of my blog is less then those hosted at Space and Xanga. The uptime of Xisto is really impressive.

i found that most people come here not to post but to keep their site alive and you can tell when they joined by looking at text on the side of the comments posted. It lists all the info you'll ever want on the person posting. You can also see how many posts that person has made since they joined. Gives you a clue as to how many you'll have to make to keep up site alive here.round

my site or shall I say my future site is under construction but already online for about a month now, so far everything is doing fine, I can access all the usual things pretty smoothly and downtime has not been a case for me.I really like the point system here, I believe that if you wanted to be hosted for a long time in Xisto then you just need to contribute to the forum and get a lot of credits.

I got here in 2004 some time (look below my avatar for exact date)and was hsoted within a week of that.I have loved the service and had no major porblems with Xisto's service.Quite a few times i havent been able to view sites etc, but thats due to reasons beyond Xisto's responsibility, so generally excellent service B)The forums are fine as well, except one time it would let me post anywhere, and i had 1 credit left lol

I have been with Trap 17 now since Sep 10th and I have had no major problems with my Hosting. I enjoy the people - the topics - and most of the time the company around here B) . I would not leave this place if I was paid. The only time I would leave is if they ever shut down.

See the date I started here? Well I think like a week or two or whatever after that. I didn't really actually want to be hosted.. I did but not here because I didn't realise it offered so much stuff.. so in the beginning I think I was only addicted to posting.. as some of you know, I went kind of mad and stuff (lol)

Thats probably like 5 months or more, I don't exactly know. I've had no problems that were caused by Xisto and I love it.

69329[/snapback]

maa *cringe* I soundd like such a freak before!!

I've been hosted for.. OVER A YEAR !! Ok. So there's been some problems but it was never Xisto's fault besides the server changing, but that was for the better for u!! Anyways the only faulty things were the PEOPLE HOSTED who spammed the system.. like creating lots and lots of mysql thingies which crashed the system.

You don't get suspended unless you do something that's breaking the rules... I mean that's not OUR fault is it? You broke the rules and you will have to suffer the consequences no matter HOW much dedicated you are blah blah... You can still resign up and try for hosting again.. providing you've learnt your lesson.

The hosting is SERIOUSLY quality and the main admin is sooo friendly!!

So those who have had hosting for over year give the evidence that Xisto.. will stay alive unlike other "free" hosts and well you get good hosting -what more do you want?

I think I answered this, but a lot months ago. So let me update my opinion. I?m here for a year more or less and I have to say I?m very happy. Although sometimes is hard to write in the forums I only had my account in suspension one time because I had no time to post in a month or something like that (which is absolutely my fault). And fortunately I came in time to reactivate it.At first, I never thought Xisto was so excelent service. It?s very hard to find a free hosting of such quality and so estable. There were only a few minor problems with mysql which it seems is consequence of a bad behaviour of some users and they were solved in very short time.So I just want to say that I?ll stay here as long as Xisto let me. B)