xisto Community
BCD

Bing! New Search Engine From Microsoft A smart decision Engine

I think I will still use Google search, since the new Bing! is not much different from Live Search from before. Plus, Google has more complete indexes which tend to more accurate in finding what you want. I suppose also Google search is much more simplistic and straightforward in terms of searching. In addition, it also had functions like finding definitions using the 'define:' keyword.

I don't like it, it sux. It's no match for Google. I don't like it because: doesn't supports my country (Macedonia), it has stupid design (something like flash) and i don't like the name. If we search the Google we say: googling. Well if we search Bing what we gonna say? Binging? I don't think so.

Bing.com is simple beatiful I like its design a lot. Maybe Google have to take actions or very soon Bing.com will be a real competitor because now is not strong. The search engines marketing is evolutionating and I am happy because Google have its monopoly, and Yahoo search and old Live Search weren´t good competitors.Also the results are very good, of course are not the same that Google Bot generates but they are very good. The image search engine is very good better than Google. Maybe all we have to use the Bing.com search engine more than Google and I will put the Bing.com like Start Page in my Mozilla Firefox browser.Bing.com will be better than Google like the things are right now, maybe Bill Gates are thinking how to defeat Google and its Empire like:Youtube.comAdsenseAdwordsTaringa! (It´s not confirmed)I hope Bing.com grows. And Yahoo maybe will make his new search engine in these days.Regards.

Just tried it and looks quite nice, but still I have a habit to just use google, even though for some years now I don't even like google search results, as usually the results on the first page aren't what I'm searching for, it's a big site which just has those keywords and lots of links to it, sometimes I find something what I need on the second or even third page, if earlier websites there spamming with keywords, now they spam with links and get "better" page rank. :(The results on Bing and Google on some keywords are quite the same. :D

i think it's already replaced by ding. If you browse live.com, your browser will take you to ding.com
it has ding map, a google map vice versa, a google-earth-like app called virtual earth 3D beta. One thing i like is, M$ doesn't lie that ding is still in beta version :D Let's hope a nice surprise from M$.

i agree. bing is definitely way more better than live search. i feel bing is better suited for UPTO THE MOMENT, LIVE SEARCHES where you need to get the current info like say to know the arrival/departure timings of airplanes, of the temperature of a place, stock market positions etc. Also the integration with IE8 Web slices makes it even more awesome. :(

But on the contrary, Google has its own charm. ;) Atleast i think so ...

I think bing is goin to be a good search engine bcoz its image section is so nice and ms provide new features in it and in comparison to google it is not up to the mark....but its good.. :(

Bing will never take over Google. It is just false hype that Microsoft has created. My website hardly ranks in a search for the site's name (which I am in the top of every other search engine for a while now) and results come back much worse than Yahoo or Google. The algorithm has to be changed or else nobody is going to use it any more.To tell you the truth I hate Bing more than MSN, and I didn't like MSN all that much.

Yes, I would agree with that, Bing doesn't like to index more pages. It indexes only 20 percent of pages what the other search engines like Yahoo and Google do. When searching for informational, textual content there is no one better than google.Another thing I have observed is that, Bing shows more direct website domain names than specific page urls in its search results.

Comparing bing with google is too early i think. It is typical Microsoft bashing against google for search engine results. But point is how much they improved from the msn live ? I don't think they improved in any way. They just are at the position where they were actually with Live. Just compare the results. Google seem to be more into mining the results. While microsoft is limited with results. Also where is the file searching ? File searching and getting what you want from bing is not so easy. First it'll hardly give you any result and if it gives you then they're not what you want. Google is good at these things: File searching (pdf,doc,ppt etc). You can search for math formula, timezone and conversion of currency etc, get accurate result with that. Also not to forget stock searches. Finding people with accurate name.You can even find address of stores, service providers from google local. From google transit you can actually see and trace the distance and find more about it. Many other services of google contribute to search results in other ways. Like google base, perfect for product search. Google blog search is place for searching the blog articles. Now start comparing services and search results of google with bing ? Will bing take over google this way ? No. Also google's image search is improved after their algorithm update. They used many beta testes to check how to identify and categorize images. This data helped them to update google images results. I don't think bing stands chance to google images results. Still i would love to check what bing will offer more than google. Which it failed to offer earlier.

I completely agree with you. That's one of the things that frustrate me about public computers with Internet Explorer. The default search is Bing, so if I need a stock quote, math problems solved or even a density of something (who knows why), it won't give a result for that. If you type any of these into Google you'll get an answer right away.

Bing is such useless search engine can't rely on it for calculation and graph/stat stuff. I've found wolfram alpha and yauba better than bing results. Also cuil looks more with results than bing. Cuil was started by ex-googler people. They do have better indexed data than bing. Yauba is cool and i prefer it for search engines. Wolfram alpha is perfect for you if you're into scientific computing. You get almost everything with it. If you want accuracy then instead of google, try wolfram alpha for accurate maths and conversion or other calculation stuff.