xisto Community
yordan

Need A Free Iso Editor in order to add files to a CD iso

I think you can also create ISOs in WinRAR, although it lacks some features included in dedicated ISO producing and editing software. I use UltraISO (not freeware) which provides all the functions I need when creating and editing ISOs, although it is commercialware and costs US$30. The following site lists some of the more popular ISO editors out there:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Ultra ISO as I know is not a free application, you need to buy it, even though it's not so expensive, I remember I tried the trial version some time or some years ago.. it's only ~30$ to buy it though, even though you can find and use free software for burning your CDs.

iso imagesNeed A Free Iso Editor

If you do it that way, the image will lose it's ability to boot. Booting is a characteristic not included in copying the image's files from the mount.

-reply by anthony

UltraISO Premium 9.3.2.2656:Need A Free Iso Editor

Just tried UltraISO Premium 9.3.2.2656: has a 300Mb size limit under trial.

Another software to try/buy if you have the money is. CD Clone/DVD Clone. This software is like a legend when it comes to burning anything under the sun. Is was originally created by Elaborate Bytes, but the product now sells under SlySoft.

In the earlier days when there was limited knowledge on copying, copyrights, and copy protection, the software was able to burn images with with similar optical defects, like copy protection.

It was not until recently, when a client of my needed to do some backup recording in CD+G (the Karaoke format). We tried a couple burners with no success other software suites. We then tried CD Clone, made some custom settings, burned at a slower rate. Success. Upon further research we found CD+G rely on the recorded sub channel data to show video information while the audio track is playing.

If you have approx 47.00 USD and are tired of the limitations of OEM/bundled recording software, give CD Clone a try.

Another software to try/buy if you have the money is. CD Clone/DVD Clone.

You don't need to buy a CD emulation software. You can use the virtual CD driver from Microsoft, I'm very satisfied with it.

You find it here : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It even does not spoil your system. You copy it to somewhere on your PC. You start the driver, you choose a drive letter, you open the ISO file, and the iso file is seen as a CD reader. When you don't need it any more, you stop dismount the ISO file, you stop the driver, that's all.

Infra RecorderNeed A Free Iso Editor

Infra Recorder is a nice program to create ISO files, I like this software, is a good option.

-reply by Isak

Need A Free Iso EditorNeed A Free Iso Editor

Hi,

The direct answer would be "there is no such free/opensource software yet".

If you want to compile a new iso file from boot image and folders, you can try "burnatonce" (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/). Though the GUI looks not so user friendly, it is very powerful. Try it!

If you are just looking for software for 1 time use without any restriction as that of Ultra ISO, use ISOmaster. It is a trial version but has no limitation on the size of the image you are trying to create (http://littlesvr.ca/isomaster/)

Hope this helps :)

- Sagar

-reply by Sagar