xisto Community
dserban

The Best Free Alternatives To Nero Cd/dvd Burner

Personally, I also was using Nero for some time, but after a while it really got big, the only thing I needed from Nero was CD burning, but it offered so much, I stopped using it and as I remember on this board at Xisto community I found a really great alternative for Windows XP to burn CD's, it really works well for me..
CDBurnerXP, it is free and you can get it here, also it's really light: https://cdburnerxp.se/

This is the only program I've been using since it's early inception to it's long awaited update release this year. I also use magic iso, win iso, dvd shrink, autoflac, and roxio from time to time. I don't recommend WMP for burned music. ;)

Well if you have enough hard disk space, you can save your disc images on an external storage and just mount the image when you need it with "daemon tools",today external hard drives are common on sizes of 500GB to 1TB at cheap prices compared to buy hundreds of virgin disks and burning drives.

Here's another good alternative to Nero: DVD copy software

The topic question concerned a free alternative to Nero, not necessarily for copying something. The softwares mentionned in your link are even more expensive than Nero!
Maybe these softwares are expensive because they are devoted to DVD copying, which was also not the question asked in the starter post of this topic. Some people need a software for burning their own CD's, not for copying things. Personally I use Nero for making backups of my spreadsheet and wordprocessor files, so I directly make two CD's, no need to copy.

Dont BotherThe Best Free Alternatives To Nero Cd/dvd Burner

Unless you actually buy this burner don't bother. The water mark is in the middle of the picutre. It also took over 3 hours to burn a dvd only to find the water mark right in the middle of the picture. I personally woyld not recommend this product

.-reply by bobbiec1031

As I told in this topic, I used to use CDBurnerXP, but for over a year now I only use ImgBurn, which is also free and never had any problems with it. It has a quite easy gui, it's stable and fun to use. Also, if you don't know how to burn something with it, you can google how to do that or that with it and usually you can find your answer in the first page as it has a quite big community and a lot of who is using it.

You can download it from: http://www.imgburn.com/