xisto Community

LOL.
I didn't even think about April Fools and what it may bring some confusion laugh.gif No it's 100% true. Johnny, over at Xisto, was the first one to receive his 1 year free extension by OpaQue yesterday.

I actually didn't even think about that as well...could have pulled a quick one on me yesterday :ph34r:

If it ever does reach to Xisto, hopefully the amount of credit can be reduced just a tad (maybe by 100 credits LOL).

All this stuff about reducing the number of credits needed for this if it was to reach Xisto to me seems kind of foolish....i mean 250 credits isn't that much, and keep in mind....domain names cost money....

All this stuff about reducing the number of credits needed for this if it was to reach Xisto to me seems kind of foolish....i mean 250 credits isn't that much, and keep in mind....domain names cost money....

I think 250 credits is a lot when it comes to posting at Xisto. Unless you are a very frequent poster here (or one that posts a lot of good tutorials), earning that amount of credits (and keeping it that way, remember you lose 1 credit each day) will be a difficult task.
Domain names do cost money, but who can't shell out less than $10 per year for one? You get free hosting here at Asta already, so the web hosting part is covered already :ph34r:

HOLY BATMAN ON A STICK! I can't believe you guys. You're like Santa but for... you know... us, geeks. That is AMAZING. I have to admit I thought it was an April fools joke and if it would've been confirmed as such, I'd be here complaining about how outrageously mean that would be. But it's true and coming to Xisto?I'm sure 250 credits isn't impossible to do, but yet very long. I can't help but wonder how Xisto can afford to do this? Like, whoa.Free, advanced, amazing and nearly unlimited and unrivaled hosting AND a free domain? Damn.

But it's true and coming to Xisto?

Actually, no. It is still in its beta phase, and only at Xisto. However, if it turns out to be working perfectly fine, and the members find the offer great, it will probably be applied to Xisto, too :ph34r:

I also thought that it was April Fool's Day Thing, but seems it isn't.. Well, personally for me, it is quite hard to get that kind of amount by just replying to posts or creating new ones, due to in one week you will just loose 7 credits and a 7 credits post is quite big, so to get that kind of amount of credits in my opinion would require to write a lot of different articles and tutorials and discuss on hot debates, if I were still at school and had lots of time, I would do it, but personally now I would rather buy a domain for 10$ or even a bit less.. Even though for some years I have two domains from hostbidder for free, just for posting on the forum. ;]Furthermore, if this service will get popular, the free domains, it might bring more SPAM to the forums, so Moderators will need to do more cleaning, but I think they are doing it a lot too. :) What might be very good, that more topics and posts will appear and there will be more topics and etc. to reply too for people who just want hosting. :ph34r:

Wow can't believe I have missed this topic until now.I haven't had the oppoturnity to real all replies so I don't know if it's still going and we are edging closer to having but it sounds like a really good idea.Kind of a trade for good quality posts for a domain.This might motivate some members to create some nice and complete technical or otherwise tutorials for the forums (maybe even by myself, I have been learning some interesting things in flash while making a little platformer game).:ph34r:

a free domain service would really be great as it would allow trap and asta to expand and also basic users who dont have a domain to get a domain of their own and hence it would be better to get this hell lot of a content at this cheap proce it really good to see such a beautiful service and my best of luck to asta to keep growingand providing valuable services like this,though i am soon moving to Xisto - Web Hosting

Wow, the idea of a free domain just by posting in the forums. It is a dream come true for me! I've been searching and search for a great web host for a long time now, and it seems I have finally run across one that meets my needs!Personally, this alone is a good reason to post in the forums. It is great motivation, which is good thinking on the Staff's part if that was an overall goal. B)

I think that is a very good deal. Personally, I have a registrar that I am very happy with (Yahoo! in case any of you were wondering, I don't want to hear any comments comparing them to this deal, or any other registrars, that would be a different thread). And I currently have my domain names set up so my Xisto account works with them. So I'd probably just sit on those 280 credits so I'd have time just in case. I've been suspended for a while now because I haven't been able to make it to the forums as often as I'd like to contribute. The one year free renewal option sounds good, but I would assume that that only applies if xisto is your registrar, am I correct? Otherwise, that would be a really sweet deal.For those of you who claim that 280 credits is a lot, I'll agree with you. But it's very reachable. At one point I had 280 credits. Granted I've seen a lot fewer threads that actually turned into good discussions in the topics I'm interested since then (and for some reason I'm not getting good notifications when people reply to topics I'm subscribed to), but if you make one decent length post a day, that's between 1 and two credits at least every day. At that rate, you could have 280 credits every third of the year, or three times a year. If you make good quality tutorials, that number of credits can grow very rapidly, so it's actually an extremely generous offer. I find it amazing that we can get good professional quality hosting with most of the options for free here. And it especially amazes me that they continue to add options.I hope the beta goes well at trap because it would be nice to see the program brought over here for everyone who would take advantage of it.~Viz

I think this is a good deal. It would just take me a bit of time to get the 280 credits, especially since 1 gets taken off each day.But I don't think it bothers me all that much because I get my domain for free now anyway, so it doesn't matter too much if we get it here at Xisto or not.