xisto Community

From OpaQue:

Dear Members,

We are planning to give out free domains for Xisto Members. This program will be in BETA as we are uncertain about the response.

FREE DOMAIN OFFER

Any one of the following will be allowed for 250 credits.

1 FREE DOMAIN per Member for 1 Year.

1 Year Free Renewal.

Free Transfer

REQUIREMENTS

We deduct 250 Credits from every approved application. However, you must have 280 credits to apply. So that, after the deduction, you have 30 credits remaining in your account.

The following are the general rules.

User must have Quality Posts.

Every member is eligible for only 1 domain.

Approval is on Staff's discretion.

Website will be hosted by Xisto.

Credits Required to apply : 280 ( out of which only 250 would be deducted)

APPLICATION STEPS

To process the request as fast as possible, please follow the following steps :-

Collect 280 Credits by making GENUINE QUALITY posts without copying. Spamming can lead to suspension of your account.

Go to https://xisto.com/ and SEARCH for your domain name.

If Domain name is available or (if you want to transfer):-

Go ahead with registration until you are asked to PAY.

Close your browser window.

Put an application for Free Domain at Xisto. (click for Free Domain Name)

FAQ : Frequently Asked Questions

Do you have to be hosted first and then collect the credits to get the domain?

Yes, it is necessary.

Will the domain be a .com or .net .org or other?

.com/.net/.org/.info allowed. More to be added soon.

If the one year of having this domain is over, do you lose your hosting and have to apply for a new one, or it will be replaced by a subdomain?

Members will have the opportunity to collect 250 credits again by the next year and apply for renewal before 1 month of expiry.

Members also have the option to manually RENEW their domain by payment at https://xisto.com/

Are we allowed to choose one of the three options? Which mean I have to get 250 credits to get a domain and another 250 if I wanted to transfer it etc...?

No. 250 credits for REGISTRATION OR TRANSFER.

If we got a domain and hosting, do we have to pay a credit per day like an ordinary hosting account? Or we will get a year with the hosting offer for no credits per day/month?

Everything continues as before. You must have credits in your account to keep up your hosting.

How long will this offer be available?

This offer is in BETA stage. We cannot guarantee any date of expiry for this offer. Its under testing and depending on the response, We might change the rules in future.

How many members can apply for free domain?

1 Hosted Member => 1 Domain.

wow. first the increase in hosting and now free domains. am i dreaming here? surely i have never been in a host like this. Buff it that free domain came in asta, can I bug you also at the same rate that I bugged you the first time I got my paid hosting in Xisto - Web Hosting. LOL.

Edited by vhortex (see edit history)

m^e probably does, I remember him having almost 1000 a few months ago ;) Anyway, another great offer, I'm really glad to see Xisto/Xisto services expanding ;)

Holy cow...you're not kidding. m^e has a little over 800 credits right now ;)I guess this is a fair amount (280 credits) for the members over at Xisto. If it works out well, hopefully they will migrate that system over here at Asta ;)

I'm not sure if it would be so successful - from mine point of view, it is quite hard to build up 280 credits if each day you lose one, especially since Xisto has a narrower range of topics ;)

I'm not sure if it would be so successful - from mine point of view, it is quite hard to build up 280 credits if each day you lose one, especially since Xisto has a narrower range of topics ;)

Wow, I'll need another 100 credits to get the free domain name. ;)And what domain to get this time. I've got forum500.com, vwone.com, and handyphp.com so I'll have to really think about it. Maybe something non-related.

Well, this is a great deal for anyone that wishes to use it.

Thanks OpaQue.

vujsa

Wow, i must say....this sounds like a great idea!!!I do have a few questions about it however,If this was to go into effect on Xisto, I would assume that there would be more details about it? I mean like answers to some basic questions such as, are we allowed to transfer the domain to another service at some point? Say if after the year is up, and we don't have the number of credits to renew, and we would prefer to have the domain name transferred to somewhere else?I am not sure if I would use this, as I already have a number of domain names, and I don't really think i need any more as of right now...but I definitely will say that this seems like a way to increase the number of posts and general activity in the forums by a ton as I am sure that there are plenty of people who would love to be able to get a free domain name.

Currently this free domain offer is in Beta stage at Xisto. Once I have the confirmation from OpaQue, I will let you know if Xisto members can participate as well. Or, perhaps he meant for all gamma hosting members but made the announcement at Xisto first... ;)In any case, I thought Xisto members should know what's going on at the sister's site with this mind blowing new service. And it won't be long until it reaches Xisto.Thank you.

@gingica: That's exactly what I thought of today, but it doesn't seem to be so, since BuffaloHELP posted his last message on 2nd April. Or was it 2nd April in his time zone :ph34r:

Lol I was thinking along those lines too Pyost, but then again just maybe its true ;)If It is I must say 250 is a rather large amount for us Asta users, how about we lobby for a decrease to 150! and not tell the Trap users about it;))

LOL.I didn't even think about April Fools and what it may bring some confusion :ph34r: No it's 100% true. Johnny, over at Xisto, was the first one to receive his 1 year free extension by OpaQue yesterday.OpaQue is working on automated script that can transfer, renew or create new domain using your hosting credits. Once that's established admins will receive instructions on how to approve for this new service by Xisto.

this is really a new exciting offer by Opaque. I think that Opaque is also following the method of Google to introduce undelivable services on April Fool's Day. :ph34r: