xisto Community
TavoxPeru

Goodbye Gmail, Hello Googlemail?

Gmail quota is 4gb now?
Wow I didn't even notice that lmao, last time I took notice it was around 2.6gb I think.

Though I doubt I will ever have much use for it (and probably not many other people either), that's still pretty sweet if you ever need that much.

I wonder if they can really afford every single user to use that much though, or do they base it on thew fact that many people will not use that much anyway, hmmm.

And what about windows live quota??? Now i have 5Gb with my account, incredible what competition between big rivals -in this case Microsoft and Google- can do, does anybody knows how much offers Yahoo Mail????

Best regards,

Their doing 5gb huh?Funny thing I think is that my hotmail account I have had for about 5 years or more now, has only just clocked over to the new system from the old one, today actually.I actually like some of the older interface better, it seems more cluttered now and Vista looking (very ugly just like Windows Live Messenger).

They better not change it to googlemail. I like the abbreviation, nice and easy.

Don't worry. This is a rather old post. At the beginning, people were afraid because of this problem. But almost nobody had is gmail address changed.Probably, in the states where there was a problematic situation, newly registered people had got their new accounts with the googlemail name. However, the currently users have no problems, and probably no new registration in "standard" countries have this problem.

Hey thanks for the heads up on this! Actually there seems to be two address possibilities now. I just use my old gmail.com though. But guess what I found out! Gmail whatever has free alias ad-ons and free pop mail. Well I do not use pop mail I prefer web mail. I do not like to clutter things up. Web mail you can use anywhere too.

This is a site that has a lot of information about gmail etc.:http://www.labnol.org/internet/email/gmail-email-alias-two-separate-gmail-address/

I did not know that you could create another address in Gmail to have your email forwarded to but evidently you can. I am going to try that for business. :rolleyes:

According to an article that i just read at the WebProNews Newsletter is posible that the @gmail.com accounts could change to @googlemail.com because Google loose rights to GMail in the UK, i think that it will apply not only to UK and USA gmail accounts it also will apply to all gmail acounts over the world. For me it will be very bad because i have made my gmail account my EMAIL ACCOUNT and i'm very confortable with it.

Here is the complete article: Google: The British Are Coming For GMail!

Best regards,

Hey thanks for the heads up on this! Actually there seems to be two address possibilities now. I just use my old gmail.com though. But guess what I found out! Gmail whatever has free alias ad-ons and free pop mail. Well I do not use pop mail I prefer web mail. I do not like to clutter things up. Web mail you can use anywhere too.

This is a site that has a lot of information about gmail etc.:http://www.labnol.org/internet/email/gmail-email-alias-two-separate-gmail-address/

I did not know that you could create another address in Gmail to have your email forwarded to but evidently you can. I am going to try that for business. :rolleyes:

Oh by the way, gmail has a limit on how much email you can send out in one day. At least, that is the information on this site:http://www.labnol.org/internet/email/gmail-daily-limit-sending-bulk-email/2191/ I am not happy with that. But I do not do a lot of mass mailings.

:P

EKKKK! Gmail has a lot of rules on this site for shutting down your account. Here's one:Rule 4: This is slightly unrelated but still important - Google will disable your Gmail account permanently if you donât check your Gmail email for a period of nine months. All the stored messages will be deleted and you Gmail address (user name) may be released for others to grab it.

I guess if you get stuck in the hospital then you will have to have a laptop or something like that. I was incapacitated for nearly a year at one time. OOOOps :P