xisto Community
TavoxPeru

Goodbye Gmail, Hello Googlemail?

Well I don't know, I don't like the name change, but at the same time it doesn't bother me much since I'm about to get my own domain name and use that for the purpose I use Gmail for.

It's a shame though.

tforce: This change WILL affect any Gmail account.

Edited by MediYama (see edit history)

Well I am sure, google is going to have th domain gmail nicely under its hoods. Its sometimes good to show we dont need that, to bring down the price. Nothing is unsaleable, you need to quote rightly. Even if google looses gmail domain, I think I will have to stick with googlemail, since its much much better than any of the contenders.

With the financial clout Google has, I don't think we'll see them losing the domain anytime soon. Worst case scenario is they'll pay big bucks to the ones bringing the suit to settle, or work out a revenue-sharing plan.

Gmail to Googlemail... Now I will have to change all of my created ad buttons to Googlemail! I was so excited with Gmail came out, and I had an invite... So I created an animated gif for my website. I guess it I still keep the suffix, then I will still keep the gifs up.Sounds like when MSN had added accounts through passport. I still use hotmail, even though they've added like MSN and such. Now Hotmail is Windows Live! That would be me if I was in charge of MSN... everything would always be changing.Well as long as Gmail doesn't have problems with the product than the labeling... I would put googlemail in place of gmail... but I don't think I would redo a whole new account... I already have WAY too many email accounts from here to there anyways!And I think I am just floating with all of the features of Gmail. It was cool giving out invites, but now it just got old...

Gmail to Googlemail... Now I will have to change all of my created ad buttons to Googlemail! I was so excited with Gmail came out, and I had an invite... So I created an animated gif for my website. I guess it I still keep the suffix, then I will still keep the gifs up.
Sounds like when MSN had added accounts through passport. I still use hotmail, even though they've added like MSN and such. Now Hotmail is Windows Live! That would be me if I was in charge of MSN... everything would always be changing.

Well as long as Gmail doesn't have problems with the product than the labeling... I would put googlemail in place of gmail... but I don't think I would redo a whole new account... I already have WAY too many email accounts from here to there anyways!

And I think I am just floating with all of the features of Gmail. It was cool giving out invites, but now it just got old...

It seems that nothing will happen with Gmail maybe in the future but until now everything works as usual, now, about hotmail -i use it for 10 years- and it's change to windows live hotmail, i'm very glad with this change, especially with the increase of its mail storage -a few days ago, i notice that now i have 5Gb- and with the new user interface that for me is a bit better than Gmail's user interface, but the antispam system of Gmail is the best one ever.

Best regards,

wow.... they lost their rights? how its possible?well. btw i what i know thats gmail was a test... i dont know right, but this information was gave to me...and.. whats metter that gmail.com will be googleemail.com now? to me doesnt metter.. thats true that a lot of people will be some troubles with changing contacts email of their contact list, but thats all.. dont u think like this?

Now i noticed that my GMail quota is about 4GB and still growing. ;) Best regards,

Wow ! I simply didn't notice that ! I simply never looked at the bottom of the Gmail screen, so I didn't see that my quota is now 4 gigs! Great! Thanks Tavox for the info ! And thanks Gmail for that huge space !

Wow ! I simply didn't notice that ! I simply never looked at the bottom of the Gmail screen, so I didn't see that my quota is now 4 gigs! Great! Thanks Tavox for the info ! And thanks Gmail for that huge space !

And right now i have more than 4Gb -4369Mb- and increases very fast each day ;)
Best regards,

Gmail quota is 4gb now?Wow I didn't even notice that lmao, last time I took notice it was around 2.6gb I think.Though I doubt I will ever have much use for it (and probably not many other people either), that's still pretty sweet if you ever need that much.I wonder if they can really afford every single user to use that much though, or do they base it on thew fact that many people will not use that much anyway, hmmm.

Though I doubt I will ever have much use for it (and probably not many other people either), that's still pretty sweet if you ever need that much.

I see some people sending themselves their last pictures in case of system failure. If you send yourself all the pictures you took with your digital camera, 2 to 4 gigs come rather fast.

Well I am sure, google is going to have th domain gmail nicely under its hoods. Its sometimes good to show we dont need that, to bring down the price. Nothing is unsaleable, you need to quote rightly. Even if google looses gmail domain, I think I will have to stick with googlemail, since its much much better than any of the contenders.
some day, there will be emails generating from computer domains rather than internet domain. The domain of Peer 2 Peer Connection. I have been thinking a lot on. Say you can just email from your computer and receive on your computer, you are given a dynamically assigned domain, which you can get free. Its just my imagination.. ;)

Wow this is all so serious ----- I was just trying to get some help because I wanted to cancel my g-mail account anyway, so I thought that this was a good time to do it.

All I wanted help with was -- "In Gmail how do I have access to the archived emails I have?'