xisto Community
JJBDude

The "lol" Phrase

I only use lol when someone says somethign i don't know what to say back so I just say lol and then they say it and then thers a blank screen and i just sign off..

I use emoticons --> :-)) instead of LOL. Maybe sometimes a little "hahahaha" is in order, but I really hate when a friend of mine is chatting with me on IRC, and floods me with "hhhahaahahahhhaha" or ":-))))))))))))"... I mean, that's just too much.

oh man the "lol" is so annoying. i use hahah most of the tiem if i really life and i just put a smile inplace of where most people use "lol". it is just a filler like "like". it is really annoying though but hey most little kids use it like they use wat r u doing. i hate it why can't people just type english? whats up with all the ebonics going on? do people really talk like that? i mean come on. though me, i'm too lazy to capitalize my stuff but it really doesn't make a difference cause it is still just the same thing, however "wat it is" isn't the same as "what is going on?" \"lol"

its easier to jus say "lol" then sit and type numerous "ha's"....either way they'll figureout u find somethin they said funny or amusing

i usually go with emotions or haha. every once in a while ill say lol but not very often at all. what is really annoying is when people use lol when they are not on the internet. a friend of mine at school says lol sometimes and it just seems awkward when he says it.

I've never said LOL out loud. But when I am writing in my journal I have to keep myself from drawing little smilies. They're good on the net but not very helpful when you are trying to express yourself in print. I may look back in several years and not know what i meant by :)

hey the lol phrase is kook, it kinda keeps the happy mood smooth going in any particualr conversation, i relly kinda like it, i mean one thing you will always get to know is that , well, online conversations are really not honest, atleast thats wot i have gathered ova the years, its jus a bunch of people lying really smothly to each other , so i really dont think, u shud discriminate the lol phrase, i might say its actually the oldest chat phrase i know and i like it, lol

I say lol all the time.....but i think its cos I never actually read the convers I just come back to it once in a while whilst playing a game.....I dont think lol is the most annoying phrase.....leet has to worse.....man I have seen so many 8 - 12 yr olds on runescape who think they're 'cool' for speaking leet......ITS FOR HACKERS YOU IDOITS....

Interesting post. :) I didn?t even know what the *BLEEP* "lmao" was, although I find it almost everyday around the web. In fact I found out what lol means not too long ago. As I don?t speak english I don?t use that expressions but... wouldn?t be easier to use smilies such as :) ;D XDI always use something like "XDDDDDDDDDDDDD" to express that something makes me laugh a lot.

huh...there must be some funny thing make me laugh loudly describing by lol.this a good phrase when u are laugh delightly much.no ban to stop laugh stop lol.

I use lol only whne I actually laugh or think somethings funny. "haha" sounds too sarcastic to me when I just read it, so I don't use that. True, lol isn't exactly proper english, but it's kind of hard to use english right on a message board or on an IM.

i say it to show that the other person said something funny, just to boost the mood of the conversation. Sometime i use it for no reason just for the heck of it, since the letters L and O are so close to each other I can completely type at least 2 LOLs in 0.5 seconds. So why not LOL :)PS. sometimes I use haha or hehe instead of LOL