xisto Community
torres1287

Help, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

CalibrationHelp, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

Replying to iGuestGod know that I hate that about HPs. I've called HP Tech Support about this, and they've suggested something called "calibration."Basically, you drain your battery until it gets to the point where it will automatically hibernate or shut down due to low power, and then you leave your laptop off until you've fully charged the battery. I don't know the intervals for calibration, but repeat the process every so often, and it should extend your battery life. If you have any more questions on that, just call HP Tech Support.

-reply by Max Eclipscia

Help my charger will not chargeHelp, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

Ok, I have replaced the battery and charger and it still will not charge. I have a Dell, and I am at my wits end. I have moved the laptop all over the house, and it does not matter what plug I plug it into I still cannot get the battery charged. HELP!

-reply by b8sbus

Replying to jlhaslipThank you so much my laptop cored only worked if I flipped the power suply around which must of moved the "Curve" around I just tried moving it around and it worked I thought I was gonna have to go out and buy some crappy universal charger

-reply by Anonymous

My labtop cord has melted away somehow o.oHelp, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

Okay a few months ago my cord to the labtop at the top had a little hole in it o.O didnt notice it and couldnt fix it anyway then it wouldnt charge with out moving it and now it started sparking today and is ruined -.- I have another charger from mt other acer labtop. It fits fine and if chargeing the labtop well now. Is this safe? It hasnt exploded or anything and my labtop is actrually colder than it was with the normal one its only been in for about an hour. Of course when I get the money too I will get a new charger or try too ...-.- ummm HELP ME D: my mom is worried it will mess up the labtop . Its the same company and it fits and is chargering right o.O

-reply by marisa michael

my laptop charger wont work Help, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working ProperlyPlease help my laptop charger isnt charging my lap top I have a vaio laptop and I plugged in the charger and it wont work and it has a green light on the charger when its working but it the light wont turn on what do I do?!?!?!?

same thing for me

Help, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

I have an HP pavilion dv8000 and when I plug in the charger, it doesnt charge. Sometimes when I keep replugging it in it will work for a short while but then it wont, I have no idea what the problem is =(

-reply by noone

when i plug

my charger into the plug then into my laptop my charger don't work and i had charged it over night then it still didn't work so i don't know what is wrong with it? :unsure:

OK, if you can powerup your laptop, and have Windows running while your charger is connected, this means that the charger is working. If, after one night charging, your laptop cannot work without the charger, that means that the battery (not the charger) is out of order.

My laptop isnHelp, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

My laptop isn't charging.

It did until today, even though I had to wiggle the jack in the socket until the "charge" icon lit up on my screen. I guess I've been lucky so far... I can't seem to get it in the right position anymore. Maybe it's a mechanical problem?

-reply by Sixtypercent

i have had a similar problem, mine was caused by simple wear on the contact points in the plug, so i just got a tiny piece of wire and wrapped a piece around the male plug, and inserted a piece into hole in the centre of the male plug, and that got it to work, as a very temporary solution

i have had a similar problem, mine was caused by simple wear on the contact points in the plug, so i just got a tiny piece of wire and wrapped a piece around the male plug, and inserted a piece into hole in the centre of the male plug, and that got it to work, as a very temporary solution

be very cautious not to short-circuit the connection though because that would definitely have some serious effect on your laptop

Umm...

I'll get to the point straight. I have an acer aspire 4736z. I've had it for about 2-3 years by now. I don't know if I've noted it getting hot before but for a few days earlier it was frequently getting hot. So I had to turn of the adapter, work for 2-3 hours with battery and then when it was completely dry, I use it a bit later. It worked completely fine in my grandma's place! I remember plugging into on of the train's charge point on our way back, the light in the box thing shone steadily for about three seconds and then went off. I plainly thought it was the plug point. But after reaching home, it's only the same!!!!

My charger has two cords. The first one connecting to the laptop with a converter (?) box (sorry it's I don't what to call that box but it has a small yellow bulb to show that the power is on and laptop is charging) and another cord with the plug which connects to that box on the other end. It has a three-circled point.

I don't want to send my laptop back there, change my motherboard and stuff! Is there any and all way to 'save' this?

P.S Don't look at me like that, I'm only 14. And I'm good with electronic stuff, I really am.

I don't want to send my laptop back there, change my motherboard and stuff! Is there any and all way to 'save' this?

I would say that you have to do that.My best guess is that the problem is coming from the charger connectors. If you have to change something, it would be the charger. In an ideal world, you would go to a repair shop with your laptop, and the tech in the repair shop should plug a brand new charger and show you that it works perfectly, and then you pay the new charger. In the worst case the new charger doesn't work and you pay nothing for it but you have your answer.
Same kind of thing, if it's the charger-side connector on the motherboard, a smart tech could proably bend the faulty electrod in order to create a correct contact again.

I would say that you have to do that.My best guess is that the problem is coming from the charger connectors. If you have to change something, it would be the charger. In an ideal world, you would go to a repair shop with your laptop, and the tech in the repair shop should plug a brand new charger and show you that it works perfectly, and then you pay the new charger. In the worst case the new charger doesn't work and you pay nothing for it but you have your answer.
Same kind of thing, if it's the charger-side connector on the motherboard, a smart tech could proably bend the faulty electrod in order to create a correct contact again.

if you're looking for a FREE fix... then you gonna have to do a bit of research into the issue(s) first which will require a bit of time, but as mentioned by yordan.. best bet is to spend a little bit on getting it looked at, and if problem is located then you at least have a good start point and maybe research yourself and do a diy fix