xisto Community
torres1287

Help, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

im experincing the same problems Help, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

I don't know what to do I'm only 14 my dad says thats it's probably because off I leave it on to charge to long.You see he says that the way I use it the charge adapter is to heavy  so when I'm using the charger the port is forced to come down(PORT means the think you plug it to charge it.This causes the port to get lose if it get lose it can become on usable luckily you can send it to HP.But there's one thing you have to have purchase the warranty for the like year see me I have the warranty that comes for free which covers anything thats a a default defect and sorry my friend but it isn't a default defect.

YOU WELCOME  AND HAVE NICE CHRISTMAS 

SADLY I WONT HOPEFULLY SANTA BRINGS ME SOME THING JOPYFULL

ps/HO HO HO MERRY CHRISTMAS

-reply by LOGAN

battery charger is maximum performance akHelp, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

battery charger is maximum performance, and battery remaining 0%.Acer labtop style number aspire 5583wxmi its battery is discharger, and is not chargingUnchargeMy laptop is on charging, But Acer labtop style number aspire 5583wxmi its battery is discharger, and is not chargingUnchargeHow could I check laptop battery problem?

-reply by akrm

Can I use my older Ni-Cd batterycharger to charge my Ni-MH batteries?Help, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

Can I use my older Ni-Cd battery charger to charge my Ni-MH batteries?

No, you can use a newer Ni-MH charger to charge your old Ni-Cd batteries but you should not try to charge Ni-MH batteries with a Ni-Cd charger.

Here's why:

Ni-MH and Ni-Cd batteries are chemically very similar and when both are fully charged the battery voltage will start to drop. The Ni-MH voltage drop is much more subtle and more difficult to detect. Ni-MH chargers usually have an over temperature sensor and shutoff to prevent to overcharge as well as a more sensitive voltage drop detector where Ni-Cd chargers usually only use the voltage drop to determine when to stop charging. If you charge Ni-MH batteries in a Ni-Cd charger it will probably miss the voltage drop and keep right on charging causing the batteries to overheat. Overcharging and overheating Ni-MH batteries can damage them internally and reduce battery life.

Yes, you can view more at mambate.

-reply by yummy

HP Pavilion Laptop Charger is not working.Help, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

This has to be a defect... My friend and I both purchased these laptops May of 2008 and she has had to replace her charger and I had to replace mine as well. I borrowed her replacement charger with the adapter and now the adapter piece has a shortage after only using it for 4 mo. I noticed before all of them stop completely working the adapter piece had a shortage that required maneuvering the cord around to get a charge. I am not happy because I have had this laptop for less than two years and I am now going on my fourth replacement charger and they are not cheap! I am considering buying a new Asus laptop and ending my future relationship with HP all together.  

-reply by Toya M

Help i canHelp, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

I have had my computer for almost two years I think and I am on my second charger. My dad says I broke it but I haven't done any thing and I had to pay for my last charger and it was expensive. So what do I do. By the way my laptop is a Toshiba. My charger works sometimes but not reliably so HELP!

-reply by Cati

Charger connectionHelp, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

I've had similar problems with the charger for my Acer laptop; the fix is usually in the plug end or the wire connections on the plug end. I cut the plastic from around the plug end and found a disconnection in the wiring. I cleaned the plug up and re-soldered the wiring, wrapped with some heat-shrink, and it now works. I have to do this once in a while because the heat-shrink does not protect the wiring as well as the original hard plastic coating. I need to find some replacement ends though, because the old plug end is getting tired.

My ASUS charger wonHelp, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

My ASUS charger stopped working after I plugged it in. The box part. I plugget it in a socket and it kinda flashed a bolt of electricity or something and now it doesn't work. Did it short-circuit?

-question by SophKeywords:

Same ProblemHelp, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working ProperlyI also found broke wires near the cord end that plugs in the computer. However, there is not enough room to peel the cover back due to the cylindrical knot made into the cord. What is this item? Can it be removed or wired around.-reply by mcg207Keywords:

Can I fix a faulty charger connection myself?Help, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

My connetion on my Presario 2500 is not working properly.  I have a new charger/cord, but it is not making an active connection to my laptop.  Could this be easily fixed?  is it a problem with the connection port itself as it seems?

-reply by Linda Barts

im having the same problemHelp, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working ProperlyPlease help I'm having the same problem! at first I thought it was the charger and had to jiggle it a bit to get it to charge, but now it just wont work I got a new charger incase it was that but realised it was the connection when that didnt work the warranty has gone and cant afford to send it to get fixed can anyone please help-reply by lucy

Same problem 3 timesHelp, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

I have the sae problem with my Hp pavillion laptop.  Just today my 3rd cord went bad.  Hp seems to have no problem sending new ones, but I can't figure out why they keep going bad on me.  Like u, if I bend it a certain way, it will work for a while.  The on screen icon won't recognize it's plugged in and my battery drains.

Acer Studio 1536 Laptop, but Dell Charger isnHelp, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

Hello,my charger doesn't seem to work anymore D: At first it worked while I was jiggling it around a bit, but not that doesn't seem to solve it either! Some of the wires are a bit broken though on the cord that connects to the computer. New charger, or can any help be offered?

-reply by Sinuses

Some of the wires are a bit broken though on the cord that connects to the computer. New charger, or can any help be offered?

If the wires are a little bit broken, you have to change the charger. moreover, if you can see the wires, then you can touch them, which is dangerous for yourself.

Laptop charger/port MalfunctionHelp, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working ProperlyI am having a similar issue with my laptop. If you, your dog, or someone else yanked/jammed the charger out of your laptop once, twice or more it may cause the connection in the port to be jammed into the mother board. This would require a tech or someone quite handy to take the computer apart and repair that piece. I have gotten my laptop looked at by few computer techs and confirmed my above thoughts. I honestly do not trust computer techs; well maybe trust is not the correct term to use. I am simply aware of the fact that computer tech's (like mechanics) charge outrageous amounts to repair minor problems. This is due to the high demands of any fixtures and the great confusion and stress people experience when trying to resolve technical issues relating to vehicles, computers, etc. Because such objects can be technically confusing to many, people are usually left at the mercy of the technician. I was quoted by several computer technicians from $400 - $1000 to get my laptop screen replaced. Such robbery! I purchased the correct screen and replaced it MYSELF in 15 minutes! The total cost I incurred was $50. So I believe the charger port issue on the laptop can be done, hopefully, with the same level of ease. Obviously, since it is a technical issue caution and patience must be at the forefront of my mind. I am attempting to do this myself and will offer detail information should anyone request it. I hope this post was helpful!