xisto Community
torres1287

Help, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

I have got a hp laptop but I think u should take it back to the shop and then it will be the best thing to do, and I think well it might take up to 2-3 weeks, but if u don't want to take it to the shop u can buy another charger because my friends charger broke and shes got a hp laptop as well and she bought a new charger and then it worked, you can also bid on ebay. :)

You charger wires are cracked and not making a hot enough connection to charge the computer any more. I have gone through a charger every year or so with My lap tops. The end of the charger where it goes into the lap top get bent alot and after time all the little wires with in the cord get frawed and break no longer charging the lap top. Buy a new charger which is also the cheapest way of testing if it is the charger at all. 

-reply by just My experiance

I have an HP Pavilion DV5 and have had the same issues. It seems very trivial why this happens but, it is actually a quick fix. YOUR AC ADAPTERS ARE BAD!! they go bad all the time, and can cause weird problems making you think that it is some other issue. I took my computer to a tech and they swapped the adapter for a known good adapter and voila it worked beautifully. Don't let anyone tell its the mobo cause its not!

I also have an HP laptop. It's under 2 years old and my charger just stopped working. I found the problem in mine, and it may be in yours: That box, I believe, is an adapter. The input is the end of the first part, output is the beginning of the second part. The theoretical input is attached to the adapter, not plugged in. Check it. Does it wiggle around? If so, that's your problem. I'm going to try fixing it, because I like taking things apart and HP is a tyrant once the warranty expires. Anyways, good luck, and let me know if this helps.

-reply by S.F.

I also have a hp pavillion and well I have only had mine for about 8 months they sent me 2 new chargers, but with in a week one stopped working... I went on to the second charger and that only lasted 2 weeks... I put the first one back in and it started working again :S I'm guessing it's heat related because I have noticed my charger get's incredibly hot... I have to keep my laptop plunged in, because the hp pavillion doesn't have the greatest battery life

My Laptop cannot charge when it is turned on, when it turns on the led on the AC Adapter flashes green and the laptop battery icon flashes too.Help, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

Hi My names Michael,

I have a sony vaio laptop and I've had my laptop for 2-3 years and I have a problem when my laptop is on and I try to charge my laptop the ac adapter led light flashes green so it flashes green goes dim then comes back bright and so on, the battery icon on the laptop shows that the charger keeps charging for around 1 second and stops and so on, but I can only charge my laptop when it is off for a while sometimes I can charge when it is off sometimes it will flash as well, if anyone can help me and give me advice I would be very grateful thank you for your time I appreciate it.

-question by Michael

CHARGER REPAIR Opinion it worksHelp, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

Is your hp pavillion charge and the light appears I can help you.Your charger has a hole that plugs to you computer right.Okay get a piece of of staple and bend it in two pieces.Put the half of the staple in the hole of the plug and plug it back in your computer it will work.The staple acts like a conducter and transfers the energy to the outlit to your computer.The plug won't work because it is fried the metal inside the plug is burned because you plug it up to long.Well if this doesn't work tell me because I did it and it worked Yay!!

-reply by MysteryGUY

I had the same thingHelp, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

hey I had the same thing but buy  a new charger but NEVER BUY A UNIVERSAL CHARGER! because when you use it for 3-4 months your laptop will crash! never buy universal chargers

and if u mess your laptop up it costs around £180 to fix it so I might aswell but a new laptop?

-reply by Jackkii

ac adapter turning hotHelp, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

I repaired a hp pavillion Laptop by following the guidelines in you tube. First it wont start for long cause it will turn off automatically.I dismantle the laptop and solder the terminals of the DC in. Then it starts normally. My problem is when the laptop had turn on for an hour, the adapter is too hot. My suspect is maybe the cpu fan I will clean it tomorrow. Another is maybe if the battery is fully charge the current will go back to  adapter. I will try tomorow to turn on without battery. If it is still hot (the adapter) then maybe its normal. But the ac cord had already exploded because its not a aheavy duty cord.. I tried the ac cord of my ACER well its fine. But still I'm doubtful. What kind of laptop is this???

-reply by danjars

If Your In College, Use that to your advantageHelp, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

hey, hopefully you already got this fixed, but if your in college, and your still not sure what the problem is. One thing you can always do is that most colleges have a technichal support Crew that works for the school and will help students if they are having issues. Because obviously if your computer's integrity gets compromised, so could the rest of the schools xP at least in certain conditions =P At any rate, I'm willing to bet there is an IT crew that would look at your computer and help you out free of charge, just for being a student at the college =P

Gotta use all your resources, especially the free ones ^_^

-reply by Alex

my lap top does not pick current from the battery anymoreHelp, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

I have an acer aspire lap top, dat has been woring fine untill yesterday. The battery does not pick , current from the adeptor and does not discharge ligth to the lap top either.  It says 73% aviliable, plugged in but not charging. Someone pls help.

-reply by angel 77

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMHelp, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

I have the hp pavilion dv9000 and the charger was working but I started to smell like melting metal or something so I unplugged the plug that goes into the charger. Then I plugged it back in later and it stopped working all together, the light doesnt turn on or anything. By the way there is a recall on the batteries.

-reply by noname

Pavilion aptop no charge, intermittently.Help, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

Hi, I own a pavilion dV5 notebook. My original battery was lasting only some 40mins, so I bought a heavy duty.. One that lasts around 3hrs. The thing is that sometimes, when plugged  on the charger, by moving the mouse cursor over the battery icon (bottom right), it tells me that xx% available (plugged in, not charging). However after some fidding here-and-there I found that by briefly unplugging and re-plugging back the battery back, whilst still on power adapter, it becomes good and chares normally. Now the mouse over the icon says xx% available (plugged in, charging). Bad contact of the battery pack?. I used CRC electric contacts cleaner on the battery pack and the laptop connectors but it will not make any difference. Any ideas?...

Charge not holding between laptop and chargerHelp, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

Replying to iGuestHi,I tried your suggestion with the half staple and I'm still having a problem with the charge holding. Please let me know what else I can do.Thanks!

-reply by Cathy D