xisto Community
torres1287

Help, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

I would see if HP would take it back. Mostly because they know whats what better than you because its there job. Secondly because it would void your warrenty like previously stated. If the power converter is getting very hot like you said it could be a fire hazzard and you should get it taken care of right away.

Also worth trying is measuring the output voltage from the power supply. I once had a laptop that was claimed to be dead, it wouldn't stay powered on for more than 2-3 seconds. After measuring the PSU output voltage I wasn't surprised that I wouldn't work anymore, it was 8volt lower than it supposed to be, it was humming like an old trafo and even at 33% of the maximum possible load the output just fell to 0V (pay close attention to the LED, if it's strobing or almost out, there's something wrong with the PSU).ps. don't try to fix it if you don't know what you're doing. You need some special equipment to measure the power-amps, the average voltmeter will short-circuit the PSU and the power stored in the capacitors is powerfull enough to blow off the tip of your probes!

The same problem happened to my mom's laptop which is about 4 years old. It's a HP Pavilion (I would add the rest of the model number but the computer itself is not in front of me so "/) and actually, I've stopped using it for about a year and a half now (ever since the last charger broke) but since then I've gotten a new charger and the light that says the computer is charging won't even turn on. Nevermind that, the computer itself hasn't even turned on for atleast a year and a half. Heh heh. :mellow:

broken chargerHelp, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

I got the same sorta proplem but with my hp compaq I think its a loose wire in the cable and I amgoing to buy a new charger and was wondering wil any 19v charger (same as my broken charger) work on my laptop 

-reply by brennan

Laptop powre problemHelp, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

the laptop I am using is a Toshiba. It appears to run through a cycle of AC Power, Battery, Charging battery. It is quite an old Laptop but works fairly well appart from this problemand being a bit slow.

Is it just a charger problem or is there nore to it than that? Would buying a new charger help or will this not solve the problem. I'm not worried about the warrenty as that has long expired. What can I do to fix it?

my laptop ent workingHelp, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

Every time I put my charger in my laptop for like 10 seconds it stops charging then I have to pull out the charger and put it back in again. It keeps stopping and annoying me and I don't know what to do??I also changed the fuse to test it and it still does the same.Do I need a new charger? 

-reply by Kalina

I have a toshiba laptop, pretty new, had it sence december of last year, but recently [like yesterday] I woke up to notice my charger wasn't working. I thought is was the box thing or it wasn't plugged in when it suddenly told me my computer wasn't charging.I checked and noticed the jack was not working, I fiddled with it for a while and got it to work but then it stopped agian, so the process went over and over again threw the whole day.I saw diffrent things on line, send it back, go get it checked out, replace mother board, but I am not sure what to do, if anyone has any suggestions on what to do if they have had the same problem please help-question by trecorder

I saw diffrent things on line, send it back, go get it checked out, replace mother board, but I am not sure what to do

At least get is checked is the first thing to be done. Go to the shop where you bought your laptop with your charger box, and ask them to check it. The charger box is the most fragile part in your computer, so it's the most probable device to fail, so check it first.

Answer To Fixing Lap Top Problem ,Help, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

if your problem is this where u have to plug in the charger move it around and then the back of the plugging part where u charge it gets hot heres your answer. You Have to open you lap top and on your mother board I'm pretty sure will be the connector to the charger make sure that is plugged in nicely and then at the charger part when u open up your lap top Pull that Silver Line thing which your lap top charger connects into out A bit further so It Should get full power then . I Hope this helped even though its a bit late.

-reply by shane

Charger problemsHelp, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

Hello I have a new Dell Inspirion 1440  and the charger light is not on I don't think it's the computer connection. Because it has happened to two adapters so far is there a way to fix this problem.

-question by Robin

Hello people. I have the same recharger problem. I have an Acer Aspire 5315 (With Empowering technology) and I have had it for about a year. The problem is when I plugin the recharger it doesn't respond and I have to keep plugging it in and out and in and out and I keep going till it responds and I have to turn the head of the plug for it to respond too. It takes quite a while I need some help guys please answer back

-reply by IGIR

My laptop isnHelp, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

My laptop isn't charging.

It did until today, even though I had to wiggle the jack in the socket until the "charge" icon lit up on my screen. I guess I've been lucky so far... I can't seem to get it in the right position anymore. Maybe it's a mechanical problem?

-reply by Sixtypercent

If i buy a new charger Help, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

I have an acer aspire 5515 and I am experiencing the same problem and am convinced it is the charger itself that is the problem. But I was wondering if I buy the new charger, and the website I purchase the charger from says the charger is compatible with my computer but the voltage and amp of my purchase isn't the same as the voltage and amp displayed on MY charger does it matter?? will it worsen my problem??

thanks,

confused christina ^_^

Same Problem hereHelp, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

I have a HP Pavillion dv9000 and I have exactly the same problem. It seems that the plug does not connect properly and the charger gets really hot. When it stops charging I unplug it and let it cool down a little. Then I plug it again and it works.

It is really annoying. I think I need to get a new charger. I have had many problems not only with the charger, but the battery as well. HP has serious flaws with this. Next time I will go for another brand  

-reply by Federico

Labtop charger stopped working?Help, My Laptop Charger Is Not Working Properly

My computer shutted off, and the charger just suddenly stopped working, so I got some tweezers, kept pulling the thing in the middle of inside the charger and it sparked LOL, now its working right now, I just did that 4 minutes ago!! and my mom got mad LOL, I'm 12 by the way 

-reply by Kailyn