xisto Community
m107

Best Download Manager what download manager do you use? and why?

FDM(free download manager) is the best.it support zip file preview and query size option

Not only FDM supports this almost all download managers have this option. I do use only FDM because it is add-free , spyware free , it has user opinion about a download , automatically searches for mirrors , can be used as a FTP client , Can schedule website downloads....more like this

Whatever be the name, Download Accelerator Plus, Internet Download Manager, Flashget, Get Right, Free Download Manager, I've tried it all.

Each of them have their benefits and shortcomings. Here's my take on a few of them.

Download Accelerator Plus - It is the most popular Download Manager/Accelerator on the planet. The User Interface is neatly laid out. Although, some minor details have been left out. I remember the time I had the 32 kbps Airtel GPRS internet connection with extremely slow speeds; downloads were aborted during limited or no connectivity even though always retry option was selected. It was really annoying to find out huge unattended downloads stuck at low percentages due to this very bug.

Internet Download Manager - The fastest Download Manager with intelligent segmenting during download. The User Interface is no match for the likes of Download Accelerator Plus or Free Download Manager, but is workable. Internet Download Manager (IDM) does what it says - download faster. It is stated that it can recover from download errors, however, download errors due to computer crash aren't recoverable.

Flash Get - The smoothest of all download managers. With speeds comparable to Internet Download Manager and comparitively better User Interface, flashget heads my list of the best download manager.

Free Download Manager - It is quite similar to flashget in terms of UI, has decent download speeds but trails a bit on smoothness.

Get Right - With loads of features packed into it, Get Right does have great intentions but seems to be a bit buggy.

I'm using the Internet Download Acclerator, IDA for the past 2 years it is the best download manger and it allows multiple downlods and downlods in parts. It speeds up the downlods by nery 30% than othe download manger I've tried.

I use DownloadTHemALL its a free addons on firefox an extension it really speeds up my connection Unlike the normal download without multiple connection the bad things is it can't download in rapidshare or megaupload because this site doesn't allow multiple connection cause it will suck their bandwidth which most of us will abuse.So I recommend DownloadThenAll I get the best and maximum speeds of my connection try it.!!! :P :P

I use DAP. It is the best and even lets you pause the download on non-resume supported servers. Also i always get LIGHTNING Speeds. One i got 1mbs on Live mesenger and on the .net 2 framwork. No gimmick just the truth. :P

I use flashget cause its easy to use, nice clean interface and doesn't have any spyware looking addons! for torrents, i use azureus - i think its just cause im used to it and all the advanced features it has. flashget is good for simple downloading but i like tweeking my torrent downloads (especially if they are big) and azureus does this perfectly!

I still use Opera az my download manager - it has the basic functions - resume being the most important. Its compact and its together with the browser - and its also a FDM. So what you need more than it?It also supports peer to peer connection.

I have tried Download Accelerator Plus(DAP), I also tried Internet Download Manager which was slighly better.     Also i finded that DAP was full of spyware and the only thing that i got with it was less RAM. Finally I decided that all those programs were precindible, and now I use FlashGot integrated in Firefox 3. Which maybe don't "accelerate"(a thing that can be highly discused) but is much more simpler, and what is most important it accomplish it main feature perfectly, Download. Greetings, shotgun. ------------- OS:Windows Vista Ultimate Sp1    MD:Asus P5N-E CPU:2.40GHz/Intel Quad Core Q6600 RAM:Corsair Dual Channel 4GB 800Mhz VC:XFX GeForce 9800 GTX/512MB

I don't use a download manager per se unless you count my firefox addon DTA manager which is mainly what I use. It gives you the capability of pausing and restarting downloads and a better visual organization than the firefox default. Otherwise I use U torrent to download from torrents.