xisto Community
m107

Best Download Manager what download manager do you use? and why?

I use the DownThemAll extension for firefox, since it is small, functional and integrated into the firefox browser.I really don't need anything extra and it does have some very nice and time saving features. I love firefox extension because they don't clutter up my hardrive. Also it seems to be much more RAM-efficient then running an entirely different fiull-featured application.

Well, from the disscussion going on above, I'd like to clear the definition of a "Download Manager" here! There's a great difference between "Download Accelerator" and "Download Manager"...

A download manager manages your downloads, categorizes them, shows the transfer rate etc. and a Download Accelerator does most the above and also speeds up downloads (Or at least claims to do so!)...

I use Fresh Download (http://www.freshdevices.com/) for my downloads. It fullfils all my needs -

Categorized Downloads

Pause/Resume

Multiple Connections

Tranfer Rate/Graph

Estimated and Elasped time

Integration with Firefox

What more does one need? I got a fast enough I'net connection, so I don't need an accelrator.

The site offers it for free. Just that they take your E-mail ID and send you the link to download and the registration codes (they're free too!) and then they send updates for their products weekly. Might be Spam, but you can success fully unsubscribe! :)

I used to use a download manager called Get Right Tray.

It doesn't matter how fast your connection is, if you download big popular files like game demos, Linux installs, or videos, you can still have problems with disconnections or slow servers. GetRight's resuming and acceleration will make your downloads painless and easy--and as fast as possible.

The web link for this software is:

http://www.getright.com/

I use DAP. I don't know where the spyware allegations come in, becasue i've scanned my system with lots of spyware scanners, and never find anything. also, it's 100% spyware/adware free certified. I tried Downthemall, flashget, getright, but for ease of use, speed and inetegration, i find that DAP has been the one I stick with. Especially with the paid version, the extreme acceleration features are nice. I can download at around 50kb/s when using the browser, but i get around 75kb/s when using DAP at extreme acceleration. I guess because it just floods every opening it gets and I have it set to unlimited bandwidth.

I use DAP. I don't know where the spyware allegations come in, becasue i've scanned my system with lots of spyware scanners, and never find anything. also, it's 100% spyware/adware free certified. I tried Downthemall, flashget, getright, but for ease of use, speed and inetegration, i find that DAP has been the one I stick with. Especially with the paid version, the extreme acceleration features are nice. I can download at around 50kb/s when using the browser, but i get around 75kb/s when using DAP at extreme acceleration. I guess because it just floods every opening it gets and I have it set to unlimited bandwidth.

I use Flashget as my download manager. It is fun, fast and easy. It serves all my necessities. (Like pause/resume, multiple files. ). t does improve my download speed marginally. You can control in how many streams you want to download a file etc...

I use Azereus as my Bit torrent client. It is really good BitTorrent client. Never knew about BitTorrent clients untill recently... When I wanted one I astarted alphabetically. After using Azereus, never wanted to look for any further :P

These days I use Opera 9.02 as my Browser. It has a very good dowload manager. The beauty of it is, you don't need a separate bit torent client for downloading torrents :P

So I use FlashGet for normal file downloads, Opera or Azereus for Bit Torrent downloads.

FreeDownload Manager rules! its the best yet! the best thing is it can even spider web sites. It also has that speeding option by using multiple connections. Pyost is correct though, the speed acceleration is hardly noticeable.Get right was my favorite before FDM, but then when i was introduced to FDM, i just left all others for it.One problem with FDM is that it cannot handle certain download types, which IE can inherently hadnle. So I have to override FDM in those cases.

My husband and I both use DAP and realy like it.They have a free version and a paid version. (We are using the free version).When I first boot my system the program will load and there is a small screen that comes up which contains information and ads. Other than that I don't have any issues with ads from it. I do check regularly for spyware etc.As for performance, my husband has realy tweaked his PC for downloading and regularly gets download speeds that exceed 600Meg/sec on his PC. But he has done more tweaking on his PC than I have on mine.Years ago when we first got high speed I was excited to get 70M per sec. Today that speed would frustrate me.A few months back I was trying to download a trial version of an adobe product. And even with highspeed, it was going to take about a day to download it. I tried twice to donload it, and both times it crapped out after a couple of hours.This was when we came across DAP. After installing it we tried again, and got the program downloaded in less than an hour.

I like IDM (Internet Download Manager) it works fine.Handles the links from file sharing servers like rapidshare.de and rapidshare.com.Many others don't cdownload well from theese servers.I don't use it much because of my old ded dial up connection.Still I use sometimes.But IDM is not a freeware, it is a shareware program.Comparing it to others I think there is a little speed improvement.

The best download managerI’ve used is internet download manager software and other versions of it. I like it because you can download any file easy and fast than any ather download manager, i used most of them but IDM was fast you can download from firfox using it but when you use internet download accelerator sofware you must download external files to support internet download acceleratot software to download from firfoxi think internet dowload manager software is the best.

I like Gigaget and Free download manager 2 for downloading larger files.Both has capability to search for mirrors and to resume download after sometime and no ads ,spyware with these.

I'm happy with getright pro, has nearly everything you could wish for plus it includes some other useful tools.There are simply too many features to explain here but it includes most features found in other downloading programs such as segmented downloading, download sheduling, automatic downloads and a speed limiter. Some other features are podcast downloading and uploading.It also has great integration with all browsers i've tried (IE, firefox even opera).-HellFire