xisto Community
iGuest

How Long Do You Spend Online

A long time online, which I don't really mind necessarily. Thanks to firefox addons such as "leechblock" I've been able to quit getting into "forum refresh loops."

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/leechblock/

Basically you can set timers for when some sites are blocked. Neat for productivity.Posted Image

Ah, nice. I've downloaded it and got it working, which is always good. I'm really easily distracted, so by limiting what sites I can view I should be able to get all this damned work done. :D

The nice thing is that I don't have to physically take out my wireless card and go hide it somewhere to make it awkward to get to anymore, and that I can access certain sites whenever I feel like (work related ones) without being tempted to go for a forum-binge. :o

As for how long I spend online, recently I've been at my computer for 12 hours or more pretty much every day, with a vast majority of that spent online doing unproductive things instead of working on something I could probably do offline. Such is the wonder of the internet. :blink:

When I don't have any other conventional works, I can spend all night. Usually, I'm doing :1. Going to a very addictive forum like Xisto :rolleyes:2. Manage websites3. Play Pool4. Checking software updates and download them if necessary5. ChatI said "night" because it's the time when my son has slept. He's a 2 years old kid, very active, loves computer so much, he will ask for "dora" or "teletubbies" pictures everytime he sees firefox icon B)

At least 1-2 hours a day, but probably a lot more yeah, I have loads of free time.I spend my time reading comic books, posting on forums, occasionally I log on to irc, chat on msn, read articles etc.

As I am getting older, it decreases! I remember spending all day almost online. I would go to work and do some online stuff regarding work, then do some emails. I would come home and check my emails again, and then check my online journals, blogs, etc. I used to be in chat lines WAY too much... and I don't even IM anymore. Things have changed. Now I surf and check out a few sites here and there... sometimes hit up Xisto forums, see how my site has been doing, sometimes update my site... It just depends on how the rest of my day has been.Being full time husband and father FIRST... then when I can relax I take my time on the PC. And then here and there I squeeze in a few emails and a few posts on whatnot.I went from all day to about a few hours here and there...

I haven't actually thought about my net usage in about a year now.But it's a lot.Not including time at school or anything, I spend at least 7 hours a day, through the week. That's from just before 4:00pm when I get home from school until when I go to bed which can be as late as 11:00pm. (My sleeping pattern is really temperamental, if I stay awake any longer than that I end up sleeping in the next day until about noon.)And, on weekends, I'm usually on the internet from the time I wake up until the time I go to sleep. Which is usually about 8:00am until at least 10:00pm-11:00pm. Sometimes later.Basically, I don't really have a life and usually don't go anywhere, and when I do leave the house it's only for a very brief time and I end up coming back and using the internet again.Hell, I even stay on the internet when I have my girlfriend over. Which reminds me; balancing a keyboard on another person is hard to do.Anyway, since we're wrapping up this subject, I spend about 62 hours a week online.If you include in time spent online at school, it would go up to 68 hours and 15 minutes; estimated.Onto the second half of the inquiry; What I'm doing.Depending exactly on the situation, I'm usually working on something or other.Whether fooling around with Visual Basic (Regardless of how asinine some people may regard it as), researching stuff, being bored and reading about Astrophysics, and at the lowest of times, just hanging out on MSN/Skype or some MMO somewhere.I've been looking for a Website project for months now though, and I've finally gotten an idea or two, so that's what I plan to work on now.Anyway, that's about the essential part of what I wanted to say.--En

hahaha.. a long time ago when the internet is still expensive, i spend like 150Pesos - 4 dollars for four 3 hours of internet time a day.. now that i have unlimited broadband, well, i just leave it there for torrents but the addition still lives on.. when I get disconnected, i feel like i lost someone in the family.

I spend too much time online, sometimes I feel kinda naked if I wasnt online. Being that I work in the IT field, I am always required to be near a computer and online in some sort of way or fashion. I feel that without the internet, I would probably be out of the job, cause what I do which is web development, would not be possible. I spend most of my time online researching new skills a know hows on certain current technologies, as well as doing web development. I also will be online using the internet to do other things such as surfing for new game information, move information, browse retailers websites to check if they have any online deals or what not. I also do what most people do and surf on youtube and check out the interesting videos that people posts up from time to time for a good laugh. But without online access Im pretty much a helpless person, feeling like what am I supposed to do? Watching tv would not make my day, as most of the time I am watching tv while surfing the web being that the tv is right next to me.

I'm realy addicted to the internet :P . A week or 2 ago, I went to Buret with my class for a week of teambuilding. Most of us brought their laptops with them (we are electronics-ict students for a reason :P ) and so did I :o , only to find out that Buret is a retarded village where nobody has wireless internet :rolleyes: .So, basicaly, I spend 3,5 day without internet on my laptop while trying to download my e-mails using my pda when we were on foot.After 3,5 day, we suddenly had an unsecured network available and damn we were happy :P . Everybody with their laptops in the kitchen where the recpetion was best B) .I was realy happy that I could chat again, send mails again and last but not least, talking to my girlfriend :)