xisto Community
doctor

Einstein Quiz Can you solve this problem?

Well, I either haven't been around long enough (not likely) or I've been around too long (yeah, that's it) but I've never seen this!

No time to work on it tonight, but being a programmer, it's got to be a fairly simple solution using a table charting algorithm...

I'll let ya' know how long it took me ~ tomorrow!

Posted Image

To those dutch speaking, some nice exercises on this page. For the others who may express interest I can translate a few
http://home.planet.nl/~d.langers/3gB.html

I'm not sure what the English term for these puzzles.

Hope you like this method :(

Funnily enough, the English name for this type of puzzle, plain and simple, is a Logic Puzzle.

We have a monthly book of them out here called Logic Problems, and I've only missed one copy in the last year because I was in hospital. I've been doing these logic puzzles since I was about six. They're great fun!

Rebecca :(

I don't think that riddle thing is difficult it's one of those "could I really be bothered to sit here and think this through?" kind of things.And for me, I really couldn't be bothered :(

"could I really be bothered to sit here and think this through?"

That's right. That's exactly the way I am currently thinking, which allows me to be happy and proud of myself. Unfortunately, evrytime I reall sit and think this through, I fail the test. Then I am really less proud.

You always crave for more. And exercises for the logical reasoning is fun.In the end it's not that you know who has what pet or house, but how you got there. If out of fear for failure you attempt nothing, how will you achieve higher things :(.

hipersonally i don't think that the test is a test of iq, the more a person practised this kind of logic and deductive discrimination the easier this particular problem is to solve. true this is a common criticism of iq tests, as is the fact iq test are culturally dependant, eg. when a person is asked "every rose has a ...." who has the better chance of answering it the american or the sub-saharan african?although the riddle is a good example of deductive reasoning showing a level of concentration and motivation, it would interest me to know how many answered the question correctly while making notes and the number who answered the question correctly without, i think then the riddle becomes a indicator of memory and and mental agility.i wager anyone who is able to remember the first word of this post without looking could solve the riddle without pen and paper hehe.bye 4 nowwinnie_the_witch :(

hi
personally i don't think that the test is a test of iq, the more a person practised this kind of logic and deductive discrimination the easier this particular problem is to solve. true this is a common criticism of iq tests, as is the fact iq test are culturally dependant, eg. when a person is asked "every rose has a ...." who has the better chance of answering it the american or the sub-saharan african?

although the riddle is a good example of deductive reasoning showing a level of concentration and motivation, it would interest me to know how many answered the question correctly while making notes and the number who answered the question correctly without, i think then the riddle becomes a indicator of memory and and mental agility.

i wager anyone who is able to remember the first word of this post without looking could solve the riddle without pen and paper hehe.

I think the opposite, that using tools or logical methods is what makes humans intelligent and different from animals.

Or that the ability to remember greater chunks of information isn't dependant on one's ability to logical reasoning. The 'quiz' would intention of logical reasoning would be dwarfed like this, and it would fall somewhere inbetween "memory" and "reasoning". Think it's better to test each with a seperate and more concise test :(

I don't think it is as easy as everyone says it is. Anyone with an iq higher than grapefruit can tell you the obvious answer once worked out. But when the green house is said to be on the left of the white, does that necessarily mean right next to it?-Corn

[Replying to thenumberone,12053,78180Replying to Feedbacker your assuming that the german keeps fish...No where does is state that somebody keeps fish...All we know is that the german keeps a pet and its not birds, cats, dogs or horses