xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mayank

Do You Hate Internet Explorer? Show Your Support, this is called FLING IE

Tell me about it. NEVER download IE explorer 7. It stinks beyond all other browsers. It has so many errors. Errors that I have received include: Never able to visit blocked sites even when allowing them, Tabs do not work, 1/2 the time I get an error message when I start it up, If there is one small error on a page (like forgetting to </html>) it wont even load the page. There are a lot of other errors I'm sure you might receive. I switched to FireFox and love it :) Just need to find some of the hot-keys and Ctrl + F doesn't work as well as I would like it to. I have never tried Opera but I may take a look into it.

The link to FLING IE is broken.

I prefer Firefox 2 to Internet Explorer 7. This is because of the improved tabbed browsing and spell checking. Also, Internet Explorer 7 crashes on me sometimes when I have Windows Live Messenger (strange) open.

Anyways, Firefox 2 is definately better. There is a comparison competition on CNET Download.com somewhere. Firefox 2 to Internet Explorer 7 was 5:0. Firefox won all 5 competitions!

By the way, if you want to spread Firefox or Opera, check out SpreadFirefox or Opera Community. Both are very similar and they are awesome!!

Hmm strange, but I didn't have any problems with Internet Explorer 7 on my Windows XP installation, it never crashed and I tried to browse with it and look what it offers for quite a while.. So a lot of what I think depends on your system and what you have there. What you want, IE7 is in development, it is not a final product :D Even though I am not an IE user, but think realistic, everything what is beta from Microsoft doesn't work, everything what is final release from Microsoft needs to have bugs :D But you have to admit, they have made a progress for the browser, even though they didn't offer anything new, just copied/plagiarised other browser features into their engine and made a really stupid two button combination, back and forward :D where is the refresh and stop buttons? in the menu? :)What I still don't get is that why non other browser has wml support except Opera, there is really plenty of pages in wml format and I can only browse them using Opera. The only bad thing I found about Opera that Google different services doesn't support it and I don't know why, never bothered to ask what features does IE or Firefox have that Opera doesn't? Could be because of AJAX, but as I did AJAX, it worked on Opera and other browsers..

Hmm strange, but I didn't have any problems with Internet Explorer 7 on my Windows XP installation, it never crashed and I tried to browse with it and look what it offers for quite a while.. So a lot of what I think depends on your system and what you have there. What you want, IE7 is in development, it is not a final product :) Even

windows IE7 crashes alot when there is a windows live messenger installed.. Windows IE7 encourages the use of windows live since it was according to them, fully supported and integrated on IE7 and give full secure access time..

with a compatibility of that... who needs the next releases..

it is a true that microsoft internet explorer specially internet explorer 6.0 has several critical bugs. if you google in the internet you can find many bugs and hacks. for example just search "How To Attack An Internet Explorer" in Google. but most of this bugs have removed in internet explorer 7.0. more than 80 percent of internet users use internet explorer, and therefore most of webmasters design their web site based on internet explorer`s capabilities.

hmmm... what's with IE 7? i've never tried it. i'm still using IE6 up to now... hmm... is it me or it's just a limitation of mozilla? coz ive just noticed that mozilla doesnt support scrollbar colors in a website whereas IE does....

You seem to have a broken link. I got a 404 error when I clicked your link. ("Do not pass go, do not collect $200!" XD)

But back to the topic of Internet Explorer, I actually do hate it. Quite a bit too, because my website layouts usually work with most other browsers except Internet Explorer. But it has improved greatly in terms of supporting standard code and utilizing tabbed browsing with the release of Internet Explorer 7, so it's not as bad as before. I do, however, find it annoying that some people are so uninformed about the number of browsers out there, or even what browser they're using. Half the time, when I ask my friends what browser they're using, they reply with "I don't know. It just comes up." Grr. That makes me so angry. It's like they don't even know how to read.

A lot of organizations have formed to try to influence people to convert from Internet Explorer. The more famous ones (at least, to me) are Stop IE and Browse Happy. I used to have their links on my blog, but after the update, I haven't had time to link their buttons yet. XD

Serena

Internet Explorer has been greatly bashed, and although I am a FF user I don't think that IE is ALL that made.I have found that on a good PC (3200 Mhz) IE seems to run about as fast as FF, at least when I used it. The biggest reason I use FF is the addons.As far as Opera goes, its too slow I think and it the images at the tabs don't help make it run faster.

I don't find Internet Explorer particularly good to use, but it's not bad either. Of course, I could be wrong, because Internet Explorer is really the only explorer I've used, not including short time uses with Mozilla Firefox and others. I don't actually find any of the buttons in Internet Explorer useful as I never actually need them, but at the same time I think it's all right.

Put simply, yes, I hate IE. However it's not the worst browser for Windows. I always thought it was since everything else seemed to be more secure, more stable, more compatible with web standards and more user-friendly, and wouldn't keep interrupting you with pointless security messages, and would free up more resources for other programs to use, but that's when I bumped into the Safari 3 for Windows that was released just the other day.Everything about it is like IE, except worse. And the animation they've put into the tabs is just more bloat which you just don't need. And the interface just doesn't fit in with any of the Windows interfaces (Classic, Luna, Royale or Aero) which is pathetic. Some people argue that it's still in beta, but when you consider how Apple said "built to be secure from day 1" only for something like 15 vulnerabilities to arise within the first 24 hours, and the poor compatibility it has with a wide range of hardware, you have to question whether the move will help or hinder Apple's goal to increase their marketshare in the browser business (especially since the some of the vulnerabilities found in the Windows version affected the Mac version as well). They couldn't have done much internal testing for the alpha stages, a problem which was also evident in iTunes.

Hum. Hate Internet Explorer? Well, 'hate' is a rather strong word...so I do balk at using it (it's reserved for people in my book), but I definitely don't feel like using it myself. IE 7.0 isn't so bad, even if it is just a copy of every other browser before it. (But it doesn't matter if it's a copy as long as it's better, which I can't be so sure it is)

@Jewbacca, exactly what animations do they put in the tabs? At the very least I haven't seen any when I use it on my dad's computer. On the other hand, I think the whole 'display a thumbnail view of each tab' view thing is bloat--it really isn't needed and I hardly ever see my parents using it. IE 7.0's phishing site checker doesn't seem to be that bad--it actually caught more mistakes than Firefox's. (I'm not sure if it's better than Google's built in list...but I'm also not so sure if I want to send every site I've visited to Google for a checkin--a bit scary, that)

Btw, I thought those pointless messages could be turned off. You could argue that the average user might not find it so easy, but when I first downloaded Firefox, those annoying security messages were there as well, and I went through the same process to turn them off as I did in IE. So for usability, I can't say it's any worse than for other browsers.

EDIT: All of that being said, I'd much rather use an alternate browser (currently using Firefox).

Edited by Arbitrary (see edit history)