xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mayank

Do You Hate Internet Explorer? Show Your Support, this is called FLING IE

I wouldn't be able to say I hate Internet Explorer 7, I've almost never used it. It's just something I ignore most of the time, apart from the very infrequent occasions when a site only wants to display in IE -- I run into this mostly with some shareware and driver download sites... they don't work properly in firefox. Other than that, it's just an icon that sits hidden away and never used; Firefox is simply better. I do have a recurring problem with Firefox though. If I leave the firefox window open for a long time, like several hours, and especially if I've had lots of tabs opened, and downloaded a lot of images, or viewed a lot of image galleries, firefox starts hogging huge amounts of ram, like on my 2 GB system it'll take up to 400 or 500 MB. I've had this happen on different machines, always with firefox. Then when that happens, if I want to save a page with images on it, processor usage jumps to +90%, and the window freezes while it tries to download the page. On a page with a megabyte of photos, it'll freeze for about 30 seconds, after which I can keep working. But the good part is the auto recovery of pages open, so I can just kill the process and open again everything i had, and the memory bug is fixed. IE7, on the other hand, would crash intermittently, for no particular reason.

I agree but we must do something to get a lot or most people to switch off of Internet Explorer. I think we should ask Microsoft to try to make a deal with Mozilla or something, and have firefox and Internet Explorer pre-installed on a windows machine.

Bill Gates may die of a hearth attack after read this!!, the goal to use alternative software is not to browse safer or look like a genius, the real goal is to ensure the human rights, really!!! Why?? what may happen if Microsoft disappear or have ALL THE CONTROL?? the answer is similiar to viruses: more diffunded, more easy to be infected. Diversity is the key of surviving, as the ecosystems. Of course, diversity sometimes isn't friend of profit, Microsoft depends on Windows because have enought market to sell their products, and the power to avoid strong competition because the less compatibility, then Standard is a bad word for business, they prefer: closed patents.
My hope is that everyday more people is getting informed and got more mindtools to have better choices according to their needs, NOTHING IS FOR EVERYONE but ALL MUST USE SOMETHING.

Blessings!!
Edited by develCuy (see edit history)

Hell, there's only like 2 reasons why I would even use Internet Explorer 7. To use the Windows Media Player plugin or if one of my games uses Internet Explorer to render the news and updates from their website inside the game.My website is designed for and with Mozilla Firefox.xboxrulz

My Top Browsers:

1. Firefox

2. Safari

3. Netscape (Only because its better than all the others!)

4. Opera

[every other random browser ever made]

Bottom. Internet Explorer

IE is the most crap thing ever, seriously, why on earth would you use it? I've never, ever used it as my main browser, and I never will. You can't even get skins for it! People, use Firefox, or as I'm doing now, Safari.

I used to use internet explorer. then found firefox, loved it, never touched IE again :Pjay (habble) used to use some old shoddy version of netscape, i went to his house once and he like wouldnt let me download 8.1 or wotever it was (he had like 4 or something)on my old computer i have netscape navigator, LOLanyway firefox all the way with iFox Smooth theme!

Yes, I was always an IE guy for all my internet "life." One day I got on and was browsing google.. found Firefox.. installed it and never looked back!The 3 main reasons Firefox > IE1) The add-ons are AWESOME!2) The themes are AWESOME!3) 100x faster than IE

Well, Used IE, Firefox and Opera and currently stick to Firefox. Why, later I'll explain.IE comes with Microsoft Windows and guess everyone used it at least once. I guess. IE 6 is pretty light and have enough features to just browse. When comes to IE 7, its quite heavy in the loading, but the speed for the site loading seems to be faster. (Correct me if I'm wrong)Later part when I get into web development, pages that I've developed in IE 7 can't display the same as what I've expected in IE 6. CSS problem. And of course totally go out of place in Firefox. (Don't know what is going on) Soon I've realized that CSS problem with IE and Firefox conflicts. Need to have a set of CSS for IE and Firefox. IE doesn't follow WC3 standards. :P When comes to putting google map on the site I've created for my project. It didn't work. Why? Apparently IE loads the page first, then the google map. So need special scripting to make it work. Whereby Firefox just work perfectly. It just takes me so much time to figure that out. Especially google map can't be tested on localhost. You need to upload to web hosting as there's some KEY required for that to work.So currently just stick to Firefox for surfing. Cool browser, add-ons and its faster than IE. You can do everything with just firefox. And I mean everything. But I've no choice as to still stick to IE for web development. Statistics shows that 80% of the population in my country still uses IE6. But anyway, just some stuff to share. :P Cheers

i definately HATE internet explorer! I love firefox because its so productive and helpful but for some reason it seems that Internet Explorer sort of "runs" better on XP Computers than firefox does? Is it just me or do other ppl feel this way as well??