xisto Community
Goosestaf

The Next World Super Power?

IN the next 50 years, the united states of America will still be the world super power. Only the EU would, or may have overtaken them after 50 years if only they come together as one country. But fortunately for the US, they work hand in hand with the EU. We should remember that the US spend a lot globally organising and co-ordinatingthe world. I don't think neither China nor India can spent one quarter of US's expenditure in the next 50 yrs. If we are to consider population, or land mass, there is possibility of US and Canada merging to become one country. China is though trying in economically aspect, but can not withstand the Us not even in the next 100years.

I think that the USA will stay the super power of the world..., we have more potential than any other country, we just need to get our eggs in a row again..

I think you are both dreaming.The only thing going for the US is the low starting base of the main challengers - China, India, Brazil etc. After that the news is all 'bad'.The US currently outspends China about 6 to 1 on defence (total, not per capita) but I don't think it actually matters, even were it not also true that China will, on current trends, be outspending the US within 20 years. The problem for the US is that nobody much takes the threat of hard power from the US as the armageddon that US citizens seem to think it represents - largely because it isn't.The history of the US in exercising 'hard power' is awful. The US has lost arguably every engagement since WW2 (I don't think it is even arguable that it lost in the biggest - Vietnam and Korea).The actual level of military spending isn't so important when balanced against the opposite and much bigger factor - public opinion. It is inconceivable that the US could sustain the sort of losses it would suffer in any open engagement with China - and that is today, not the future - for anything more than the briefest of periods - certainly not enough to win anything decisive. Public opinion is , of course, easy to manage in the short term, but extremely difficult over longer periods, and even the combined manipulative powers of the private-interest media outlets and government couldn't sell a 'major' war with China. Hell, you couldn't even beat a few thousand Muslim fighters in Afghanistan so talk of military superiority over real armies is so hypothetical as to be actually meaningless.

According to The Times of India newspaper - one of the most read newspapers in India, China will have a great impact on the world by 2020 and will match USA in every aspects and will overtake Superpower status by 2020 itself.
The finding was none other than the FBI of the USA. The measurement was done according to the strength in various fields - including economy, military, infrastructure, etc. Unlike the era of Britannica in modern's world SIZE of a country matters alot the finding says.

And by 2050 India will overtake it from China. Though USA will continue to have influence to other countries it won't be able to bully around other countries like it does today, the finding also says.

EU is another dominant factor to reckon with, but clubbing many countries under one roof will not have so much strength like a unified one country with the same size of EU like India and China, the finding continues. EU will be in fact pull by its own pressure within and will only be able to maintain only its equilibrium.

So, the next 20 years a very different poticial scenario will emerge in the world.

Well I think that in the next 20 years there won't be any superpower or potential superpower country. I think that all these superpowers; USA, China, Russia, India, EU,.....etc will try to unite and form a one world superpower. If u look at all these superpower countries from a general perspective all of them have their own advantages and disadvantages/pros and cons i.e one country might have the advantages of the other. E.g. The USA has the best defence capability in terms of military structure,and equipment whereas China has the biggest no. of military personnel but are not well equipped. So u see they will try to unite in order to eliminate the disadvantages of the other. That's why we have the UN, to enable all countries to agree to a common term and to prevent one superpower from becoming too powerful than the other which in simple terms means to prevent a World War 3 from happening. But, in regards to this, time is the ultimate factor; anything can change in 20 years....

P.S. This is from my own point of view from watching world news and reading online headlines....so if reading this happens to cause any trouble please forgive me....

I really can't see India rising to the top spot. I suppose it's the cowgirl in me that can't see how anybody could worship cows instead of eating them could make it to the top. :rolleyes:
But China? Oh yea, they could be in the running. Especially since they are poisoning all of our dogs and children with toxic chemicals in the cheap garbage they sell us.

I'm sorry, but that's a horrible thing to base your facts on.

i m sure that India or china will be future superpowers and they will beat usa among superpowers....but what about japan,germany,france????????????

superpower is not measued on how much a country has in money terms, china and india will never be superpowers but one {china} is rich at least that is what the news keeps saying but china and india will never never never become superpowers they have no infliance in europe or the americas so therefore will never be superpowers, the only thing china has going for it is the products it makes and exports. as for india they have the same qualities as china in that they make products and export them but india is supposed to be a poor country at least that is what the government says since they still send aid to india.