xisto Community
Goosestaf

The Next World Super Power?

The next superpower will be the nation with smartest people, listen! India and China,both are making money and we may be tempted to say that their economy is improving but there is one thing that most western companies are setting up their outsources there due to very cheap labor and their population is being employed. Bangalore, the high tech city of India today follows orders from their HQs in California, it's true that 1/7th of NASA are Indians, it is so because they represent in large numbers from their more than one billion population but they did not produce Einstein or Oppenheimer ! There goes the saying ''ONE LION IS BETTER THAN HUNDRED FOXES '' Yes the smartest people in the world love AMERICA and indeed even academically successful Indians and Chinese end up in America. There are more number of Chinese and Indians in USA than Jews. All of them were raised in the same social environment but have you wondered why there are Spielberg or Dell or Larry Page among the latter only ? there are some following reasons why India and China cannot be super power.... 1. Both India and China have political problems, while China is run by communist dictators, largest democratic Indian parliament is full of corrupt,bad and ignorant leaders( even criminals ). Tell me how will these people make a superpower nation. Indian politicians are not committed to development! look at the roads or the buildings they build or otherwise hundred of Britons could not have subdued the millions of them ! 2. They are making most of the money from foreign companies . 3. Europeans and Americans are ahead of them in their quest of knowledge. Some say India and China are becoming high-tech nations but they imitate technology not innovate ! there are industry workers rather than entrepreneurs. 4. I know Indians who watched Bollywood before but now find it quite dull and silly compared to Hollywood. Look smartest things and innovations are done here. The rest copy it. 5. The biggest advantage, during crisis neither China nor India will have any powerful ally. EU, America and Israel are always there as one ! SO IT IS HARD TO SAY IF AMERICA CAN MAINTAIN ITS STATUS IF THEY CONTINUE TO ELECT PRESIDENTS LIKE BUSH WHO WILL CONTINUE TO WASTE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN SHOWING ITS POWER TO THE WORLD BUT THE NEXT SUPERPOWER WILL CONTINUE TO BE AT THE HANDS OF THE AMERICANS AND EUROPEANS.IF THEY CREATED 'ATOM BOMB' IN THE SECOND WILL CREATE 'DEATH STAR' IN THE THIRD. GOD BLESS AMERICA

The next superpower will be the nation with smartest people, listen! India and China,both are making money and we may be tempted to say that their economy is improving but there is one thing that most western companies are setting up their outsources there due to very cheap labor and their population is being employed. Bangalore, the high tech city of India today follows orders from their HQs in California, it's true that 1/7th of NASA are Indians, it is so because they represent in large numbers from their more than one billion population but they did not produce Einstein or Oppenheimer ! There goes the saying ''ONE LION IS BETTER THAN HUNDRED FOXES '' Yes the smartest people in the world love AMERICA and indeed even academically successful Indians and Chinese end up in America. There are more number of Chinese and Indians in USA than Jews. All of them were raised in the same social environment but have you wondered why there are Spielberg or Dell or Larry Page among the latter only ? there are some following reasons why India and China cannot be super power....
1. Both India and China have political problems, while China is run by communist dictators, largest democratic Indian parliament is full of corrupt,bad and ignorant leaders( even criminals ). Tell me how will these people make a superpower nation. Indian politicians are not committed to development! look at the roads or the buildings they build or otherwise hundred of Britons could not have subdued the millions of them !
2. They are making most of the money from foreign companies .
3. Europeans and Americans are ahead of them in their quest of knowledge. Some say India and China are becoming high-tech nations but they imitate technology not innovate ! there are industry workers rather than entrepreneurs.
4. I know Indians who watched Bollywood before but now find it quite dull and silly compared to Hollywood. Look smartest things and innovations are done here. The rest copy it.
5. The biggest advantage, during crisis neither China nor India will have any powerful ally. EU, America and Israel are always there as one !

SO IT IS HARD TO SAY IF AMERICA CAN MAINTAIN ITS STATUS IF THEY CONTINUE TO ELECT PRESIDENTS LIKE BUSH WHO WILL CONTINUE TO WASTE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN SHOWING ITS POWER TO THE WORLD BUT THE NEXT SUPERPOWER WILL CONTINUE TO BE AT THE HANDS OF THE AMERICANS AND EUROPEANS.IF THEY CREATED 'ATOM BOMB' IN THE SECOND WILL CREATE 'DEATH STAR' IN THE THIRD. GOD BLESS AMERICA

True...true...true. But you look down at China and India, I read a book once that said that China was building a huge naval fleet during the 14th or 15th century (im not good at dates)and it was 100x bigger than the ships that were used by Vasco de Gama and Chris Columbus when they were exploring, more than a century later. They were led by a intelligent naval leader/commander and the emperor supported all the expeditions and spend alot of money on it. They were the kings of the sea in Asia and they conquered many lands, but they also had many problems in their land by invaders and it wasn't protected as much (ding! thats why they built The Wall) also, and more importantly when the emperor died, the next emperor didn't support the expeditions as much and focused on the country. Though they have their faults, they have the capacity.

Who knows, maybe if they had continued their expeditions -- we might be working for them now and they might be the mighty superpower of the world.

Indians and Chinese had great civilizations when the Europeans were still leaving in caves. But it's like a race..towards civilization ! Europeans started the race very late but after the renaissance they did not look back and overtook all the civilizations by the 20th century. The thing is that now we should not be stupid enough to just relax and let others come near us in this race.

Indians and Chinese had great civilizations when the Europeans were still leaving in caves. But it's like a race..towards civilization ! Europeans started the race very late but after the renaissance they did not look back and overtook all the civilizations by the 20th century. The thing is that now we should not be stupid enough to just relax and let others come near us in this race.

True, but the thing is, we are slipping away... slowly though. But the only way the United States can still sit at the top of the superpoweres is to obtain some kind of basis, a way to share the "ulimate" superpower with other countries.

We need to find a way to live in a "POST-AMERICAN WORLD". That is the only way America can survive the new world as the ultimate power.

There is a reason why some problems like the problems between some countries are not solved by them, but instead they turn to America to give them a solution (there are many examples of this). America is ONLY country who can do this, not even the allies of the countries could.

The bottom line is that America needs to change to adapt in the new world that emerging with China and India as a huge power... it is every hard too, the British failed at it at the beginning of the 20th century -- but we can learn from them and correct their mistakes.

Yeah, true. America is having a huge trade deficit, she has a very low tariff barrier thus making imports more profitable. China being a communist country ,the economy is at the hands of the government thus their workers get paid less than us but the government itself enjoys huge surplus ( I am not sure but I think they dont have to fight over tax issues so much like we do )enabling huge investment in infrastructure and military.Developed economies have reached their saturation point but the Indians and Chinese have a huge manpower advantage so we need to keep ourselves ahead in technology and other areas like nuclear power which is going to be the ultimate source of energy in a few decades.

Yeah, true. America is having a huge trade deficit, she has a very low tariff barrier thus making imports more profitable. China being a communist country ,the economy is at the hands of the government thus their workers get paid less than us but the government itself enjoys huge surplus ( I am not sure but I think they dont have to fight over tax issues so much like we do )enabling huge investment in infrastructure and military.Developed economies have reached their saturation point but the Indians and Chinese have a huge manpower advantage so we need to keep ourselves ahead in technology and other areas like nuclear power which is going to be the ultimate source of energy in a few decades.

We don't need to worry much about Technology and military, at least for now. The US Defence Budget spend more money in the Afghanistan War in 2009 than China's entire Military expenditure. That's how much money we have and how much we can waste it, and it still won't be a biggie because that's only 1/10 of the budget of US Defence for 2009.

What I think should be at the top of our list for the next few decades is to reduce production in other countries and stop outsourcing and keep everything within the borders, or maybe Canada or Mexico :P That's the real power of China, we depend too much on the imports, and they depend on the exports alot. It's too complex because it takes less to manufacture and hire people in China than it does in developed countries... I wish somebody will come up with a solution to this problem...

stop abusing and posting racial comments..The white skin has not remained the purest form of humans now...every country is free...indian nuke's are'nt under control of UK(its a *BLEEP* of a black in a white's mind)... they could'nt even speak to stop us from creating a nuke arsenal..we have nuke and we can kill any country..no matter what happens next ...but i personnely won't like that to happen..bcoz i love peace and girl's *****.i wont say anything on the next super power...but i've much confidence in the defence forces of my country ...i've checked & compared the defence forces of most of the countries with mine and have found my country at a satisfactory position ..atleast above britain and france .so thats satisfactory enough..dont know about the next superpower....but if we look at the history..britain was once a superpower .... nazi's also played the role for few years..but now they've been diminished..japan tried to become but fcuked ..ussr fought hard but collapsed..china and india born few years ago now challenging the whole world...so situation right now is very complex & also it does'nt take much time to find a new superpower but that requires a war..so right now everybody here will nominate his/her own country to be next superpower.. but that's simply useless. we need 3rd world war to happen to find our new superpower...simple rule: no gain without pain...so dont let the 3rd world war to occur ......stop hatred ....learn from africans (BOB Marley)and nirvana.....love girls , listen to music and enjoy marijuana..live is so short to hate ..so love girls..have intercourse and bring new ones of your kind in this world to help mankind.live your short life ..may be next time you will get born in your enemy's territory...so there's no meaning of being so patriotic..it's meaning ends once you die...think about it ...think about yourself....live a good life and die a happy ending..there is no god no religion no country no government no superpower .. its only you...think about it..

Don't be foolish, China and India will never be Super Power. They are third world countries and will stay like that. Don't forget China export most of their weapons from France and India nuclear program in under british control. so they are still some colonies where you can get cheap labor. Its obvious France and Germany will form one nation, the US, Uk and Canada another. Thus isolating Russia. Russia will become a third world countries in the next coming years since the oil wont have an economic impact no more.

WOW - You have a natural talent to become a great idiot person of the century. Thank you for your post without it we could not find you. With this talent you can become a looser article writer. World leader must follow your post to make them a failed leader. You know what United Nation should give you a chance to give a lecture on their annual conference.

hi.... a good post indeed.... well to start with i would like to take a retrospective view of the powers of the so called modern world .... history clearly shows that england had ruled the world for about 3 centuries till 1920s inside out, but more importantly wat they did more than the economic rule they spred there culture which has lasting affects... they by the way of holding commonwealth countries and by many other means kinnted all those countries under them even today and enjoyed dominance over them even beyond the time when english economy is smaller than some countries from the list .US: if history is any witness then we can clearly see that US had enjoyed the super power strature for effectively very less time... it economic might started after 1940s and is almost for sure to be overcomed by china in very near future( say about 10 yers from now).... it was like a bubble which will be blown very soon. world sees on to the US only for there economic might and nothig more than that . once that might is gone than there will be no with them beyond that.CHINA: although it is growing at a humoungous rate but wat is badly ignored under the chinese regimine is there people. the people under china are not the happiest creatures of the world ... with all form of anti govt protest badly crushed by there military. with limited rights to the press... surely china will overcome the US by gdp means but not in terms of popularity...INDIA: it is surely the country to be looked for in the coming time say about from 2025... roaring economy .pool of talented ppl, diversity n the list goes on and on......wat would happen under this circumstance is US wil be forced to do several alliance with india from nuclear ( which is already in place), to many economic and military allliance..... for two specific reasons..1> to contain china.....2> for growing its economyso as i head towars the end i would say in the coming times there would be no clar cut a country which would be dominating the world but ther would be (us+india+uk+japan) and the other axis would be (china+ russia+iran)........ this alliance would be led by USA INDEED ATLEAST FOR COMING 50 YEARS OR SO..

This is a thread for people discuss their opinions about who will rise to be the enxt super power of the world, or if at all.USA as everyone knows is the current world super power but what do you think will happen to it? undoubtably Britain was the worlds greatest super power in history, which eventually declined, so can the same thing happen to the US?
I think a decline of the USA and rise of the economy of China are inevatable, but weither they become a super power is an issue.
Discuss. Don't just post a countries name. Justify your opinion which mature answers. Not some country fanboy reply like " USA r0xors and will rule the world forever!"

u buddy has just dropped india out of emerging superpowrs,by next century USAs majoity rule as a superpower will decline
there were only two economies in the world that werent uprooted away by the storm of recession and 2 countries were and are india and china.china leadin with a growth rate abt 9.2 ind behid 8.8

I totally agree with Jeffry. One should not make irresponsible comments about anyone, with or without the proper knowledge of what he/she has said is correct or not.

Well, Im not sure if such countries can become a world power.Almost all countries nowadays are depending on oil for their economy to work.The fact is, oil reserves in middle east are now depleting and soon to be depleted permanently. This scenario is not far and may have a great impact to the world. oil dependent counties will collapse and so does world economy.

I think very possibie the the next super power will be a nation or economic block not yet seen. The map/G=globe is undergoing great changes. For the forseeable future, The United States, will be domainate, but with imperial-over reach over last decade, she may pull back, or be forced to by economics. the United States over reacted to the War on terror, now over exented and off balance. There most certainly will be a multi-polar world, in the future, not the Uni-polar world of today that cannot last. Maybe regions, super-unions of powerful states, like maybe The North American Union, South American Union, European Union, Asian(or Astatic ) Union. just i thought see what you think?