xisto Community
Zegg90

Where Can I Download Free FPS Games

Does anybody know any free fps games that I can just download from the internet?I know of two, America's Army, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.I played america's army, and the graphics are good but the game takes a while to load.Wolfenstein has worse graphics, but its a quick, fun and strategic game. Plus, there are custom maps :)If anybody has a link to download other fps games, please post it :huh:

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

Check out XP Games, they have an array of catagories, all the games are free to download. I'm not sure that you'll find qaulity FPS games to the standard of America's Army and Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.

I have played Enemy Territory and America's Army, both are good, but i think enemy territory is the best, it's the fastest to load, you can play with up to 64 players orso, that's fun!
Also the Tribes games are fun to play, i don't know if you can still download them on the official page of Tribes. Half a year ago they were free to download, because the third tribes (vengeance) would come out. Maybe if you search at google orso that you'll find a download (its aprox. 700mb, ithink)
And for enemy territory there are enough mods to keep the people busy. If you look in the official page of enemy territory, you'll find on the new page some mods for the game; http://enemy-territory.4players.de/news.php.
Or this is also a good game, a friend of mine showed me once; http://red.planetarena.org/

Well, good playing time!

Michiel

I would agree, both are amazing games, especially considering that they are free. AA is awesome for slower paced, team based, tactical shooter fans while ET is awesome for a more action oriented visceral FPS fan.

The best freeware FPS is Alien Arena 2006, get it at Cor Entertainment's Code Red: Alien Arena 2006 Its a great FPS based on the CRX engine with fast paced Quake3 style FPS action with a few extra additions :D Great bot AI, lots of players to play with, awesome weapons, 2 vehicles, several graphical enhancements. Its alot of fun. Go check it out. We also have an IRC channel #alienarena on EFnet IRC if you want to come chat about it.

You can check out this site for some free FPS's.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Does anybody know any free fps games that I can just download from the internet?I know of two, America's Army, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.
I played america's army, and the graphics are good but the game takes a while to load.
Wolfenstein has worse graphics, but its a quick, fun and strategic game. Plus, there are custom maps :o
If anybody has a link to download other fps games, please post it :P

not really i think america's army and wolfenstein is everything but i heard there's a bf2 look alike from Korea thats free an has very good gameplay and graphics. i remember it has rock in the title. mayby if u search te web u'le find it.

if you have a friend with a steam account, you could just download steam and use his account... you can be logged in at the same time, u can play all of his games, and download them to your computer... no discs :P . yep so as long as you both arent in the same exact server theres never any problems.

Free FPS games? May I recommend:

FEAR combat

The multiplayer portion of F.E.A.R. is available for free. It seems nice, graphics are - only gripe is that the weapon arsenal is limited, so I heard.Posted Image Haven't installed it yet, but downloaded it.

Savage - The battle for newerth

While not entirely FPS, it is a fun and free game. The game mechanics are original.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Posted Image