xisto Community
Shooting Star Haven

Ebay Sucks! ebay is for stupid people

eBay fee refunds

Ebay Sucks!

Replying to akijikan

Sorry, eBay does NOT refund your listing fees for UPI's (UnPaid Items). They MAY refund your Final Value Fee (8.25%). However, if the buyer respomds to your UPI claim that he now intends to pay, eBay closes your UPI claim. Then, if the buyer still refuses to pay, you do not get the refund.

EBay is going downhill at a rapid rate!

-reply by azeco88

I bought my first item (a drill) on Ebay about a year ago, and it went through absolutely GREAT. Yes, I paid for shipping, but it arrived within a few days and there were no problems. Not to mention I saved about $150 off the store price! I've bought several other things, from electronics to ancient Roman coins, and about two weeks ago I actually bought a car off of it. I've never been scammed at all, and everyone I've dealt with has been polite and honest. Ebay is a great site, and although there are scammers once in a while, it's well worth it. Personally, I've saved about $750 overall, and have gotten several items that would be VERY difficult to get without it.

I disagree with the original poster.Ebay is fast, reliable and basically scam free.Everything is down to what is written inside the item description, for example technically it is not scamming if it says ''Ipod not included'' or whatever but the buyer buys the ipod thinking ''ZOMG CHEAP IPOD'' :).Also people start there items off at like $0.1 cents because people think its a bargin and it therefore may start a bid war and the price will raise higher and higher as time goes on.

My problem with EBay

Ebay Sucks!

Replying to Shooting Star HavenJust a casual look at a few items in several categories reveals the biggest problem with making any money selling on EBay. Cheap "hos" are giving it away! Let me explain. Barack and Michelle find an item they can purchase at an attractive price and resell for a $10 gross profit

Which probably will net $6-7. Not great unless you sell a lot, but not bad. John and Sarah see the item and say "I can sell it for $2 less and still make $8!" Wrong. Joe the plumber sees the same item and says "I'll sell it for $2 less and be happy with my $6 profit." Wrong again. So Joe buys a case of the item and tries to "make it up on volume". At the same time Tito the builder has bought a case he needs to move too, and since everybody is selling the item for more, he thinks "I need to liquidate this case of widgets or I'll be stuck with it, so I'll sell mine for $1 less". Joe and Tito have just blown the entire widget market for everyone by slicing 50% off the profit for themselves and everyone else! Tito is paying $2 to list it and a $2 final value fee which nets him a whopping $1 per item which doesn't even cover envelopes, bubble wrap, and the gas to take it to the Post Office, not to mention the time spent answering questons and leaving feedback. Oh, I forgot about the Paypal transaction fee which is another $1 hit. I guess that's why we have $10 widgets with a shipping cost of $20. I exaggerate, but not by much. Now we all have a case of widgets we need to move and Tito the builder has set the market price below cost by SELLING TOO CHEAP! I recommend utilizing a secondary distribution channel which is my fancy way of saying "if I can't move them on EBay, I can move them at the flea market FOR A HIGHER PRICE which I will receive in CASH RIGHT NOW IN MY POCKET. No Paypal transaction fees. No feedback scores. No running to the Post Office in the rain so some doofus won't screw up my feedback score because I couldn't beam the item to his mailbox instantaneously. After all, we want to make money and racing to the bottom by slashing your own profits and screwing up the market for everyone is not the way to do it!

eBay cap on shipping rips off sellers

Ebay Sucks!

I quit selling on eBay because I refuse to loose money on an item selling for less than it's real value to begin with. If the USPS is going to charge me $21.00 to ship my item I'll be damned if I'm going to let eBay force me to accept less than $21.00 PLUS my time and effort to package, travel, and stand in line in order to ship. I don't work for free, use my time for free, and packaging materials are not free.

-reply by Dr. Jim

Better alternatives exist but sellers have ignored themEbay Sucks!

There's a site Random Plaza that is designed to fix all problems with eBay and other community marketplace websites. randomplaza.com  -- Read the features.The site is free to list and puts everything on google product search, but despite this it has been impossible to get sellers to list.  As it is, advertising can't be bought until there's lots of products and I can't list a hundred thousand myself.

-reply by Richard Mongler

[quote name='Some sellers overcharge their shipping prices. I know people that do so.

You must understand most people are on Ebay for a reason, to make money. If you put most of your charge in the shipping, the item will sell for less. But the total for product and shipping is usually equal to the average, AND YOU (seller) pays less in fees.

Ever since Ebay disallowed me to leave negative feedback for buyers who try to rip me off, I have been using a little site called Aucks.  They don't charge me anything if my item doesn't sell and when it does sell, their fees are very small.  Ebay used to care about their customers but they got greedy so now they don't.  Ebay sucks, Aucks Rocks!

-reply by X Ebayer

The low down on ebayEbay Sucks!Replying to Shooting Star HavenHi, you have some really good points. Ebay is a lose lose situation.I recently realized that alot of the ebay sellers are actually resellers ofDropshipped products. They mark up, you pay more. I have been wondering why it is that people are paying extra to shop on ebay, maybe it's because they were like me, They have yet to discover. I found the store that they purchase from. I cross referrenced ebay prices compared to the dropshippers. For instance a popular spongebob dvd player costs $23.00...But.. On ebay it sells for about $40.00, without shipping sometimes.There where so many products a small fraction of the ebay prices.I even seen a spongebob tv and dvd set for 89.00, on ebat it sell for about 130.00.So dispite the fact that I felt like a retard for not knowing sooner, I am greatful that I found out.This is one of those better late than never situations.So, I want to do the world a favor so that they can start saving more too. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ have compared this sites prices to DOBA too. Bargainbin was less expensive than doba.Wholesalewholesaler Has so many complaints too, I would definetely steer clear of them too.Hope this was helpful to you.And Thanks for the amazon tip.-reply by ebay sucks

I think Ebay is great. Ebay open the online marketing. What is the problem?????This is the problem The people who use Ebay are amateur in sell things. For that some crazy people sell until their teeth brush for $0.01 because nobody would buy that.But the site is a great platform to sell and buy useful things. Simply ignore those ridiculus articles.

ebay suxEbay Sucks!

I'm beginning to read more and more posts about people upset with ebay. I have some good news for you. With the help of some national radio publicity, some people started an auction site and they are going after the people who have been wronged by ebay. It appears they are gaining ground! This site is getting national attention so hurry and get your items on there now. Their first 25,000 listings are FREE and final value fees are as much as 80% cheaper than ebay's and much easier to understand!! Also you can <strong>bring your feedback with you!</strong> Read about their Anti-Sniping feature which is very beneficial to Sellers and also buyers. They have lots of other cool features as well. Just go to w ww . JaGetit . Com (take out the spaces)

Look out ebay! Here comes someone who cares about the customer!

-reply by tizzyatk4

Amazon is worse if you run any type of ecommerce site that has any real competition. They take 15% of your profit. In many cases that eats most of my profit up. I stopped using Amazon almost a year ago, and do not regret it a bit.

Ebay sucks. But it sucks that we can not find a alternative way for Ebay. So from this respect, Ebay is the best platform to sell and buy our stuff. Sometimes I just feel I can not leave this kind of tools any more since I started to my experience on it. There is no ideal model available at all. So we have to improve it, rather than just give it up. I believe ebey is getting better and offer better service in the future.