xisto Community
Shooting Star Haven

Ebay Sucks! ebay is for stupid people

sorry but i have to say that you are the biggest moron i have ever come across.Ebay does NOT suck. Ebay is fantastic for finding great deals or for finding really obscure items. Its also great for selling really obscure items or rare items and for sellers the reserve feature is very useful. I mean if your selling something valued at £100 the last thing you want is for the auction to only go up to £30 so allowing you to put a reserve on it gives you a brilliant reasurrance.

Hi, If your looking for an alternative to ebay, ItchyPig limited run its own auction site http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. Im a co-director, we have just been backed by Northampton university. Theres no final value fees and no listing fees. we make all our money from selling advertising space on the site. And check out our charities page. You will see that just by using the site you are helping charities. We actually pay our users, if you have a myspace,facebook,bebo or even your own website, we will actually pay you just to have our link on your site (�1 for every verified sign up that comes from your unique link) If you want to know more then just check out the website http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. Oh and to add to the ebay sux theme here, they also own http://de.shopping.com/?sb=1&ncrd=1&rpu=1 they pay other websites to promote affiliat's products then pay the promoters 1p-10p per sale when they receive �6-�500 per sale. They are all about the money, they have changed sooo much since they started up. you should read their book "the perfect store". more like "a quick and easy way to make a load of money, with no customer care". Cheers for reading. Frank.-Frank

Notice from Velma:
Mods/Admin, Edit/Spam the post if there is anything wrong

I use ebay a lot to buy and sellI dropship a lot of products from china and the good thing is that you get a lot of exposure but the fees are high although they are reviewing their fees soon.I mainly sell phones and games consoles and my best sellers are Nokia 8800 Sirocco Gold and Nintendo DS Lite.

Ebay does suck!I used to buy a lot on Ebay but now I buy other places online. When I go to a store to purchase something I look it over, read the packaging and if for some reason I don't like it I can bring it back (at least with walmart I can). With Ebay I have someone else describing the product. I don't get to look it over throughly and see if it worth my money. Used to be I could talk to other buyers about products I am interested in to find out if they are really something worth spending my money on. This has helped save me money in the past, one example is I was looking for ear mites meds for my cats. I do rescue and had some kitten comes in with ear mites. I saw a product that was natural. I asked the seller about it and of course he said it was the best product around. I then talked to several buyers of the product and they all said it was a complete waste of money. Of course it took a month to realize it was a waste money as the directions on the product said to use it for a month to see full results. They had already left feedback for him stating fast shipping, great price ect... as Ebay encourages feedback on the seller not the products. That is only one example, I have many where the seller says one thing but the buyers say something else. Now, Ebay has stopped me from talking to other buyers. I have no way of finding out about the product except talk to the seller of the product.I now go to amazon.com where I can read reviews about the product and about the seller. Ebay used to be a good place to buy from but now they are trying to take over everything. I don't know why they don't let the seller, sell and the buyer, buy.

The low prices and scams aren't eBay's fault, it's the sellers. If you look at the sellers feedback, then you can get a good idea if you can trust them or not. If they're new, and don't have any feedback yet, don't trust them. Only trust them if they have 95%+ positive feedback, froom alot of people. Also, read the negative feedback, just to make sure.You have to be careful buying anything online, from anywhere. Especially thinks like dvds/cds/games. If they look too cheap, they may be pirated.Also, things aren't necessarily as cheap as they may seem. Always make sure to look at the postage and handling. In alot of cases, it's more than the price for the item.

I often browse ebay, It's interesting to see what is for sale, although I have never bought anything from it. I just don't want to go through the bother. My father deleted his paypal account a while ago because he feared he would be scammed, as you can tell he is extremely paranoid.

I often browse ebay, It's interesting to see what is for sale, although I have never bought anything from it. I just don't want to go through the bother. My father deleted his paypal account a while ago because he feared he would be scammed, as you can tell he is extremely paranoid.

:P;)

lolI'm an ebay user since 1999 and i had no problems at all.I'm both seller and buyer, and there are a lot of advantages to it!I've subscribed to Paypal a long time ago,but i also was scared to put any credit card numbers on it.Now it's done, i can see how secure it is...They ask you for personal informations each time you want to change somehting.Those requests are always different,so you really need a lot of information before you can hack in someone else's account.I've just bought from asia using paypal,and i got no problems because his feedbacks were high and sells a lot.Being a european citizen, i had to pay import fees,but it was like 15% of the object,it's still 30% less than if i bought on the cheapest european websites.Then,i sell my old stuffs,and ask my friend to raise the bids :) so that makes it interesting selling on ebay

Wow...I don't know where to start.

You obviously don't have the mind to think for yourself!

If you don't want to get cheated on eBay, deal with users who have good feedback and you can look at the shipping charges before you bid, so you know what you're getting into. You can also see if an item has a reserve or not before you bid. If you see an item has a reserve and you don't like that, don't bid, how is that getting jipped?

Everybody who sells on ebay pads their shipping charges. I do. It's because I'm going to be paid for the time and materials I spend on shipping, not just whatever the place charges me to move it. But like I said, shipping charges are displayed before you even bid, so its not like some big secret.

As for faulty, DOA, or broken products, that's why you pay for shipping insurance and deal with trustworthy sellers. You say no one looks at feedback, but that's obviously just you, since you seem to be in the minority of people that have bad transactions on ebay. Maybe if you did look at it you wouldn't have such bad transactions.

Feedback is also not your only recourse. You report a seller to ebay and they usually face suspension and more often closure of their accounts. For sellers, if you get a non-paying-bidder than eBay will even refund all your listing-fees. For buyers, pay through pay-pal because all transactions through them are guaranteed and pay-pal will refund you your money if something is wrong. Combine that with the fact that there is almost no one on eBay who doesn't accept pay-pal and you have a fairly nice system. More often than not, any reputable sellers DO offer refunds. I do, but no one ever asks for them since I take the time and care to make my transactions right.

And you are falling prey to outright deception if you think Amazon has low prices. Give me a list of the top 100 items sold on Amazon.com and 9/10 can be found somewhere else online (and places other than ebay) for lower prices.

Please think things out before you go attacking something you obviously don't know how to use. It's not a poor product on ebay's fault, it's a half-hearted approach to it on your fault. Read through ebay's help section and you would have found everything I've told you.

If it's so crappy, then why does everyone use it?

I also forgot to add, don't call everyone else stupid because you don't know how to use something.

I think anyone who reads what you said and what I said will see whose actions could be considered "stupid".

DANG defenetlly changed my mind about ebay and after i saw this i went on Ebay logged on wiht my moms acount and browsed you see all the stuff and rep so tys to akijikan for changing my mind and amazon is not better then ebay

but the one problem is that people are afrid for reporting people or just dont know enoth english to read and understand it so i can see where th orignal posters idea came from ebay is not to blame

Replying to hatim"the thing is what ever kind of bidding system you have ..You ll always have the problem of bad seller and damaged goods fraud etc. You just cant make it go away."And you certainly can't complain to eBay about it or get them to do a anything about it either. And you're limited to about 10 words to describe how you got ripped off in the feedback.I got ripped off by a seller selling a pirated movie, a VERY RARE MOVIE, that cost me $50. What did eBay do about it? Nothing, because they're goddamn impossible to contact. I went to their office here in San Jose to get something done, it's a joke. They have the worst customer service on the planet.-reply by Richard Wicks

Smart people don

Ebay Sucks!

Feedback at ebay is less than worthless; it makes no sense to leave negative feedback for anyone. The feedback system is a good concept that fails miserably in implantation and accountable standards. Take magicpower711 for instance, they have a very respectable feedback score of 15842, with a 97.3% positive rating, that was even higher when I bought. They are a Hong Kong counterfeiter. The items they sell are cheap and they work, so most of the time people believe they are buying genuine product and happily leave positive feedback. In fact they are inferior products that are completely illegal. But because of the numerous jurisdictions, it�s nearly impossible to prosecute.

When an item is purchased through a credit card company, one can generally get their money back. After that, there is no incentive to report negative feed back. Doing so, one is assured to get negative feedback in return which only hurts them self. The standards for having negative feedback removed are excessive (a court order) and far too expensive to be practical.

I purchased two Compact Flash memory cards from magicpower711. Do I know if ebay worked with law enforcement to prosecute the seller? No! What I do know, is that hundreds or even thousands of people who left positive feedback were ever told that they were likely ripped off and had received bogus merchandise.

I know that San Disk verified for me ebay and PayPal that my items were counterfeit. I know that the only way I was going to be given a full refund was to return the counterfeit merchandise to magicpower711. This makes no sense what so ever, because it�s illegal to send counterfeit merchandise by postal service. To get a refund, I was told to break the law, and return the counterfeit merchandise to the counterfeiter. How does that help anyone? I lose $10 shipping and they have negative feedback, and they get the merchandise back with no expenses and one negative hit out of thousands.

Did ebay remove my negative feedback? Of course not! I didn�t have a court order. Think twice about giving negative feedback, it makes no sense what so ever. I�d tell you about 6 other purchases that were even worse, but it would take to long!

Wow :( no one talks about ebay that way never had a prob and anyways you buy at your own risk it's even in the terms and con. i bought so really good stuff off ebay like emergncy parts and i have sold for others never once had a prob mind you i always bought from a shop and made sure the rating was above 97% so don't dis ebay it's not right if you don't want cheated buy of amazon. :D:P:P:P:P lol

I always find it humorous when people think that the internet is any less secure than the way credit card transactions have taken place in the past. My parents are like that. I pointed out to them that they never fused about the old system where the card was placed under carbon paper and an imprint of the card was made. So the retailer had the name the number and the expiration date. Then there are restaurants wherein you physically hand your card to someone who walks away with it. Lastly, of course, the mail order catalogs my mother frequently shops from by calling someone you have never met giving them your name, billing address and all the information from the card.

Of course half the problem is the news and other media. Anytime there is a security problem it's pasted all over the news with no mention of the literal billions of transactions that take place problem free. Add to this the countless bad movies and TV programs written by computer illiterates for the computer illiterate wherein anything digital is portrayed as dangerous and you have an atmosphere of mistrust.

EBay is not for the little guy anymore. Shoot eBay itself sells you stuff. Too, too many fees! you have to pay for the product you list, then eBay gets its cut whether it sells or not, aka-PayPal "eBay" then digs a little further into your pocket, and after all that you have to pay to package the item and in some cases eat the shipping costs as well. And that�s if your listing is not cancelled by eBay for some silly excuse. Not the same place anymore, I sure wish Yahoo would have stayed on. If I knew then what I know now I would have switched to them in a heartbeat, never knew eBay would get so ugly. I have been with eBay, since they practically opened their doors, but seeing how nasty they have become, I truly have second thoughts. If you�re not a corporation or mega seller, it�s not worth selling anything on eBay. EBay now caters to big business and I think these idiots help police eBay in order to get rid of the little guy so they can sell their junk at high dollar, as they eliminate their competition. If I can recall correctly eBay�s roots consisted of the average Joe, don�t remember it was all about mega sellers & big companies. What a sell out, if people had wanted to deal with big companies and so forth, why shop on eBay, when many of them have sites of their own. EBay is truly lost�ouch.EBay�s listings now consist of eBay�s valued sellers listings showing up first and whether you are a decent seller or not, you�ll be lucky if your listing shows up somewhere in the middle or last. Therefore deal or not, does not matter on eBay, you get the deal eBay decide you ought to have. Therefore don�t be surprised if you don�t sell an item on eBay even if it dirt cheap and all you get is scam email from people trying to get into you email, paypal, and ebay account trying to take more of your $$$.-reply by average JOE