xisto Community
rbf1787

How To Connect Dual/triple Monitor + Advantages Guide on how to install mult. monitors

3 monitorsHow To Connect Dual/triple Monitor + AdvantagesI have 2 graphics cards each with two outputs(PNY VCG951024GXEB GeForce 9500 GT 1GB )I have three monitors2 24 inch lcd's and one 1080p projectorI want the 2 lcd's to be one monitor in span mode or lcd 1 to be main and lcd 2 to be extendedAnd I want the 1080p projector to output the same thing as monitor 1 and 2 in span mode or just monitor one in clone mode,Please adviseSincerely,Sean-reply by Sean

I have a laptop (HP, using VISTA) and have a new monitor that I want to be my main monitor.  I have done something wrong in the setup somehow.  Now it is only showing my new larger monitor as the desktop and everything thst I click on opens in my smaller, laptop desktop.  Can you tell me what I have done wrong in the setup?  Also, I noticed that no matter how I change it, it still shows the new monitor as #2.  Do you have any advice for me?

Thanks so much! 

Beth Johnson

-reply by Elizabeth Ann Johnson

Dual Screen Problem (Make: MAX DISPLAYS on an XP computer)How To Connect Dual/triple Monitor + Advantages

During normal, day-to-day operations of my system I've noticed when I drag an Internet Explorer screen from screen # 1 to screen #3 (I have no screen #2 for some reason) severe color changes take place: the blue top border turns green as it passes over border between screens.  When I drag the screen back from screen #3 to screen #2 the top border returns to blue.

-question by Tom Silvis

Dual MonitorsHow To Connect Dual/triple Monitor + Advantages

Trying to connect duals -went out and got a PCI-E Card with DV, SVID and analog plug.

I've tried doing both pluging into new card and old motherboard slot and both into new card - either way only one screen is recognized.

XP with two LCD monitors

Monitors accept either analog or DVI

GForce NX6400

Any ideas?

-reply by noel baker

Extended desktop (LCD TV/monitor) only using 75% of screen areaHow To Connect Dual/triple Monitor + Advantages

Hi, thanks for any help.  I'm using a 19" LCD TV as a second monitor/extended desktop with my notebook monitor as primary (running Vista). Problems:

1) Extended desktop LCD has suddenly decided to use only 75% of the available screen area' the right side and bottom 25% of the screen is a black border. I have adjusted all video controls that I can within Vista (including screen resolution) and all video controls on the LCD itself, I have unplugged, I have done everything else I can think of, and I have researched for answers, to no avail.

2) Even before problem #1, the LCD extended desktop clarity was very poor, despite being set on screen resolution of 1024 x 768 (the max the computer will allow, and the same thing the notebook resolution is set for).  Per the LCD TV brochure (Dynex DX-L19-10A, which is 720P), the maximum resolution is 1366 x 768 for this LCD.

Advice/resolutions?  Thanks!

-question by Jason

dual monitorsHow To Connect Dual/triple Monitor + Advantages

Replying to rbf1787 when I installed the card for dual monitors windows will freze up when I try to start it I can start in safe mode and thats all any ideas thanks bob

-reply by bob gaston

making your new monitor only show up.How To Connect Dual/triple Monitor + Advantages

You need to make the new monitor "primary".. Which will make it number 1.. If you don't want to use the labtop monitor after that.. Click on monitor 2.. And then uncheck.. "extend my windows desktop to this monitor";  After you do thatthe labtop monitor should turn off.. And everything you click on should come to the primary.. ( your new one).  In some cases though windows might still go to the labtop monitor.. If you have a case where you click on something and can't see it.. Reactivate that monitor and then pull the window to the new monitor.  Hope that helps.. And hope I didn't confuse you

-reply by Josh

go into your display properties, and click the display you want your desktop to be on. Then, there should be a drop down box/check box, saying 'make this my main display'. Click it. Done.

-reply by bubba

Laptop problem with triple screens.How To Connect Dual/triple Monitor + Advantages

hey... I have a Acer Aspire 8935 with a Intel gfx on the motherboard and a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670.

This bothers me somewhat, because I can without problems connect to my Samsung 24" by either VGA OR HDMI, now that I use the HDMI for transferring sound to the speakers through the monitor, there are no problems using that same cable for xBox and PS3. Problems occur when I want to connect my 1080i projector.

The best connectivity option is VGA, that in terms gives me 1280x1024 pxRez and by seeing that I have one screen on the HDMI port on my laptop, by logic I have one free VGA for my projector. Wrong... When I try to connect I get a message that it can't. And when I do get it to work, the main laptop screen stops working, waisting a good 1080p LED screen.

My main question is then:

Is there a way for me to connect screens to both VGA and HDMI, but still preserving the laptopscreen?

Specs are as following:

Acer Aspire 8935

Intel Core2Duo P7550 @ 2x 2.26GHz

4GB RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670 w/1 GB RAM

Selfinstalled Windows 7 Professional x64

-reply by Janno BuzzBazz

3 monitorsHow To Connect Dual/triple Monitor + Advantages

ok I bought the radion 9000 video card and installed it both monitors work fine now but I would like to have a third monitor installed.Both my monitors are pluged into the new card as when I installed the card I would guess the default plug stops working as I get nothing when I plug the third on in it what do I have to do I'm lost help please

-reply by bob gaston

I have Dual Monitors, now I want a 3rd Monitor Can you Help?How To Connect Dual/triple Monitor + Advantages

Okay, I have a Radeon 9800 series [sync Master] video Card, however I would like to install a third monitor.

Question#1 

Do I have to buy a new Video Card that has an input for 3 monitors? 

Question #2

Or can I simply add an additional single video card so that I can plug in a 3rd monitor?

If someone can answer this question, I would be very very happy!

Thanks 

-reply by Edi

Do I have to buy a new Video Card that has an input for 3 monitors? Or can I simply add an additional single video card so that I can plug in a 3rd monitor?

If you could borrow an adapter in order to train yourself it would be less risky.
I would simply plug the single videoboard, and extend the windows desktop on the third monitor. Crosoft Windows should be able to handle this kind of things.
I guess that it would be less risky if the other adapter was also a Radeon one, so less driver problems.
I would take the risk. However, in case I am wrong, you would remain with a useless single video adapter... ;)
Hope this helped.
Yordan

which use hardware /software connect  to dual monitor   with one video editing software on one computer

-question by keshav ken

Ergonomic nightmareHow To Connect Dual/triple Monitor + Advantages

I think I would get too distracted with two monitors. I accept that there are professions which necessitate more than one monitor but for home use or "just because", I think it is unecessary. Not to mention an ergonomic nightmare. There are multi screen support systems available but not everyone has that kind of room and I couldn't crane my neck at more than one monitor. And the glare from one computer hurts my eyes by the end of the day, I dread to think what it would be like with more than one. No, it's definitely not for me. However tempting it would be to be working on one monitor and having YouTube open on the other.

-reply by Jess

hey, I'm getting a new Dell laptop tomorrow. At the moment, I am dual screening which is fair awesome.

But, out of curiosity and because I do work with computer animations and CAD etc, I want to experiment with 3 monitors.

When I get my laptop, I was wondering is there any possibility to connect the other two monitors to it?

For example:

*Spare monitor*  ]laptop dock[  *Spare monitor*

If I were to buy a dell laptop dock and hook the other monitors into it, I know it would work, ive seen it on one of my colleagues. But, I still have the PC tower, is there anyway I can run the OS from either the laptop or the tower, and still use the processor/ram from either.

Eg. Plug all monitors into laptop dock, and use laptop HDD (OS) and still use the processor/ram/graphics from the pc tower?

If it's possible, how? And if not, thanks anyway :)

-reply by Stuart