xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pat23

Norton Or Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

Norton VS KasperskyNorton Or Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

Kaspersky AV is a really good AV , its blocked out all viruses that attacked me so far ... But the differance is that norton can give a report on the site, Kaspersky doesent so u cant tell if your going into a site with viruses , but id say norton and Kaspersky are 50 50% they both have there advantages.

-reply by D-Man

Norton Or Kaspersky: Which Is Better? About running 2 or more virus programsNorton Or Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

"I saw that in a comment posted, it said to actually use 2 or more virusProtection programs. That is not smart at all, in my experience. ByDoing that, your computer will crash, causing you to lose everything you have. I have done that before, with a free virus protection program,And the computer crashed. New computer too. So I suggest only to useOne... Just a warning..."

Rubbish. I have four antivirus running at the moment. All are compatible and all seek each others mistakes. As for resource hogging, use advanced settings. My computer has never been better or faster. It is widely reccomended to use more than one av, but make sure they work together, and make sure you understand how your own computer works as well. None of my av slow my computer at all, even on full scans. Learn how to use them properly!

Keywords: norton conflict with kaspersky

Kaspersky is by far the best antivius ive used.. Nortan sucks big fat monkey ****.. And never use Mcafee. I uninstalled that piece of **** cause its virus scan sucks and the real time protection is very unreliable and will let alot of virus throgh its protection.. Once I installed Kaspersky it found virus and other **** that McAfee and nortan didnt

-reply by ch0ni

Norton VS KasperskyNorton Or Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

Kaspersky is better

I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 and it is the best I have used. I did use Norton 360 and that was rubbish and hard to understand. Kaspersky is set out very well. I use it on my netbook and desktop PC and I found it does not really slow down your pc at all. I do like the new features on Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 such as the Safe run (sand box) and the virtual keyboard. :) I would recommend it

-reply by juice

Kaspersky Internet security 2010 Norton Or Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

Kaspersky Internet security 2010 is always running in safe mode and I am not able to download any thing unless I save the file in safe run folder. Please explain this... 

and my Internet browser window is always highlightened yellow...

Thank You

-reply by yagesh

nonsenseNorton Or Kaspersky: Which Is Better?Where did you hear or read that we should be using multiples AV engines, concurrently?? the best I have seen have a sh*t with other AVs running. As for running and no slow down. That has little or NOTHING to do with lacking knowledge but about the hardware. If the user is still using a single core, I do not care which one it is a deep scan will swallow noticeable resources. If you are running two deep scans simultaneously--if possible, that might be noticeable on an i7 with r+0.-reply by john

the best anti-virusNorton Or Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

kaspersky is way better from personal experience norton used to slow things down and my computer crashed had to restore it 7 times because of norton kaspersky fixed that my computer hasnt crashed yet I love it kaspersky is recommened it will satisfy you

-reply by kaspersky

My friend had a major virus/malware, etc going on. Nothing  he downloaded that claimed to be able to eradicate malware seemed to work.. He bought Norton 360, loaded it in, did a comprehensive scan, and now his computer is back in the groove. Seems to me that the proof is in the pudding.

kaspersky sucks!!Norton Or Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

I had kaspersky for a year! it sucks wont detect most of the virus I had!

I installed nod32 and detected 10 virus that kaspersky wont, I wanna try norton 360 it scores excellent far better that kaspersky in all  web pages.

-reply by kaspersky sucks!

@Yagesh...Kapersky always run in safe mode

Just use the CD it came with and reload it...You don't have to delete anything...Do a full downoad...Once it's done, follow the directions on the top left next to the circle where it says

"Your computer is protected"...It will be red at this point...It may also say, data base obselete or something to that... .So run update and set it for automatic update on it's on...If you click the tab (my update center) you will see "start update" run mode...Click it to update it...Then you can set it to automatic...On the scan tab, click on full scan to make sure your computer is still safe...Click on your "My security zone" make sure only IE, FIREFOX, GOOGLE CHROME, ECT is the only thing you add on...You can add anything else but I really found no need to...

I hope this helps a lot...Also make sure you computer is not set to "safe mode or safe mode internet"...

Oh yea, you need to run all the scans they have...Object, Vunerability, and full scan...You can also set those to automatically scan under the settings tab...Spread the scannings at least 3hr apart...Sometime Kapersky take forever to scan and I have no idea why...So 3hrs apart at least or however you want to...

-reply by Rani

Kaspersky SUCKS!! I got 2 virusesNorton Or Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

I've had Norton on my computers for years and never got a virus. I installed Kaspersky because I heard is was better. Kaspersky never put an icon in my task tray and I tried taking a Short Cut and dragging it into the tray. That didn't work so I figured this is how it's supposed to run. Three days ago I got a Trjan and a Worm virus which disabled my internet access to try to find a way to fix it. It wouldn't let me click on Norton or NoAdware or anything. It took me 9 hours of constantly trying different things to get rid of them. I would NOT RECOMMEND Kaspersky to anyone. It caused me nothing but trouble by NOT protecting my computer.

-reply by Rick

I would have to go with Norton I do agree kapserksy's interface is way better so is its detection but Norton is much lighter on resources than it used to be it is even lighter than kapsersky kapsersky slowed my computer down so much I got annoyed with it 7 days into the trial and removed it and put on Norton 360 now my pc is running faster but I would say norton it does do pretty good to it caught a nasty virus kaspersky didn't catch malwarebytes also missed this virus Norton has a very nice antispyware to it is worth trying Norton it has gotten much better I agree it used to be crapware but it is my favorite security software so all you people saying that Norton is crap give Norton a try Please

I buy and use Kaspersky antivirus and after some 2 month suddenly my hdd is crashed when its doing daily scan.After restart i found the partition is gone.well i know its not the antivirus problem but i fail to rile the kaspersky.and Norton is a good But slow antivirus.

:P I have been using avg for years and it's free and I've had no problems with it. If you don't feel like paying and want a good antivirus program I would use avg instead of kaspersky or Norton. I use avg along with spybot search and destroy and malwarebytes. I have had no problems because these three programs find everything that tries to get through including not only viruses but also spyware. Of course I've never used kaspersky so it may be just as good as avg but I have been using avg for a long time and have had no problems so if it's not broke dont fix it right? Hope I helped!