xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pat23

Norton Or Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

LOL I have kaspersky and its worked out great I full scan with norton no viruses but with kaspersky I found 3 trojans

-reply by JACcK

I remember using Norton Antivirus first time I've bought a computer. Since then I've change both, many computers and antiviruses. I can't say I apreciate it much tough. I've also used Nod32 and I was quite pleased of it. But I have to say that Kaspersky was the best in my opinion and the most secure.

The best anitivirus software is KASPERSKY. For the nod32 users, yes it don't eat your ram and stuff. But does it block annoying banners?.. Two way firewall? (it has personal firewall but not sufficient), quick and hourly updates?, parental control?, application filter?, vulnerability protection and scan?, virtual keyboard for anti-fraud?, these are some cons of nod32 against kaspersky.. So kaspersky would be the best rather than other stuff.But norton products would not make you feel protected.-reply by best of the best

Replying to pat23

The best anitivirus software is KASPERSKY. For the nod32 users, yes it don't eat your ram and stuff. But does it block annoying banners?.. Two way firewall? (it has personal firewall but not sufficient), quick and hourly updates?, parental control?, application filter?, vulnerability protection and scan?, virtual keyboard for anti-fraud?, these are some cons of nod32 against kaspersky.. So kaspersky would be the best rather than other stuff.But norton products would not make you feel protected.-reply by killaaa

kaspersky is better than norton and avg and all otherNorton Or Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

kaspersky is better than norton and avg and all other because it is very nice to use and it will erase only a virus

not a file but many antivirus delete a whole file... If the virus in win32 file it is an important file if the virus get it, other antivirus are delete that file

but kaspersky did not do that it will delete particular virus only

so use kaspersky to protect your computer

Both are fantastic. But tests prove that kaspersky 2010 is better than Norton. The latest VB100 test proves it. Kaspersky detection rate is 100%, but Norton detection rate is 99%, It missed a trojan. That's all.

Can't vouch for Norton's past, suffice to say I was around long enough to see its evolution. It never interested me to using their sluggish software, this day and age however things are very different computing is much faster. Viruses much more evolved, there is actually no good AV software out there per say since malware is very smart. It comes down what is effective, the way I like to look at is based on what AV packages protect you against. I recently decided to give Norton Internet Security a whirl, I was blown away with its level of system security and its nothing like what I remember of what the old Norton was like. This is a definite evolution and quite on par with Kaspersky regardless what some people have said here, before you claim anything ridiculous I happen to be an AVG reseller and I'm not liking their way of doing of business. Its best to say that AVG is very mediocre I wish I could somehow opt out of their program, its quite obvious they have no interest in their partners, program is free to join but they don't really care about you. I would have actually enjoyed trying AVG if it weren't so stuck up, I'm not trying to spread whats good or whats bad here, just try things for yourself see what works and what does not work.-reply by Dr Evil

Free anti virus software is one big snooker!Norton Or Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

AVG may be ok but I would NEVER search the web for free anti virus software.  A lot of the times it isn't really "free" but has a trial period.  I repair computer for HP and countless time have I have seen computers shipped in for repair just because they downloaded "free" anti virus software and it corrupted the registry.   We have to reload the Operating System.  Spyware 2010 is the worst I have ever seen. And as for the others, even if you purchase the "free" anti virus software it will scan your computer and remove some stuff but will infect the computer with it's own.  Slowing it down so much a lot of people then download more "free" software that claim to "speed" up your computer.  This just makes things even worse. Free anti virus software you download is one big snooker!

-reply by George The Third

KasperskyNorton Or Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

I used Norton for more than two years and I haven't been having a problem really.(I used Norton Internet Security 2008 and 2009) Tried Kaspersky. Agreed, detection rates are higher than Norton, but it slows down your system considerably.(I have a 2.4 GHz-P4,512 MB RAM, not much programs installed) And if you're one of those people who like to install a lot of programs, I don't advise you to go for Kaspersky. Instead try Norton 2009 or even the latest 2010. It provides more or less the same amount of security as Kaspersky.

NORTON IS THE BEST NOWADAYSNorton Or Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

I was running kaspersky internet security 2009 trial. I uninstalled it and installed norton internet security trial 2009. I gave a systems scan and voila! it caught 7 viruses and 2 trojans out of the system. I wondered what Kaspersky was doing in the background then? It was doing nothing to catch the thieves. But as per price goes kaspersky is cheaper in our place than norton, so that what makes people opt more of kaspersky than norton. Many users of norton even complain that it loads the machine and puts burden on the RAM. Well I would tell them to use the new norton internet security 2009, if it suits, then buy it. It is costly than kaspersky but it is worth buying it. There is another aspect to analyze. Kaspersky gives opportunity to clean infected PC using boot cleaner CDs or DVDs. Norton does not allow to create emergency disks, but then again those emergency disks did havoc to my another laptop and erased all the system files causing me to reinstall windows. I was lucky since I had a back up of my datas.

Plus the kaspersky 2010 has an update problem. It breaks the updates and then the product fails to update. This is not found with norton items. The kaspersky 2009 is a good one over 2010 version even if it uses traditional methods. Norton has no such problems. The new Norton product is really cool in every respect. Please also check the PCFLANK leak test site for checking your antivirus product's strengths and weaknesses.

-reply by Dinesh

In my opinion, Kaspersky is best at REMOVAL & DETECTION. Norton (from what I've researched) is excellent at PREVENTING, although I'm not sure if it prevents any better than Kaspersky. Norton may also have more "extras" (parental controls etc.) than Kaspersky (from what I hear). I use Kaspersky...A good solid anti-virus program that I trust. I really don't care about the extra stuff, as long as it removes and detects the viruses I'm happy. It does, however, have several of those "extras" that I appreciate, but don't require :)

Kaspersky vs. Norton? Well, I would say...Kaspersky is superior in what it's supposed to be doing. Detection, removal & the ever important, prevention. I would probably recommend Norton for a family who wants extra internet protection or someone who feels ill informed & more comfortable purchasing Norton, because of it's widespread use & success.  If you're in doubt go with Norton. I don't really think you can go wrong with a product of it's track record. 

-reply by Spread Good Vibes

About running 2 or more virus programsNorton Or Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

I saw that in a comment posted, it said to actually use 2 or more virus protection programs. That is not smart at all, in my experience. By doing that, your computer will crash, causing you to lose everything you have. I have done that before, with a free virus protection program, and the computer crashed. New computer too. So I suggest only to use one... Just a warning... /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley16.Gif

-reply by Anonymous smart guy

LoL AV tests are BS, you people are being fooled by the same corporate arm that has been pulling strings for quite some time now.What is a virus??...An infection manufactured to destroy your computer?? Wrong it is a piece of software written or reverse engineered to infect data residing on your system, what does it infect?? Code, programming language either by miss directing it or changing its strings to corrupt the file structure.Software is written by people and thus even software that appears to be fully capable of doing what it appears is not 100% perfect and neither are viruses. However Antivirus companies are no more thieves than those out to make your pc extinct, big money is paid to test groups to show what AV is effective and what is not. Fact remains these groups are just individuals like you or me, even their tests are not 100% accurate. The best way to stay safe is by understanding human engineering before you try to understand software engineering.

-reply by Fatal

norton sucks it takes forever for my computer to load and it doesnt find all viruses and trojans. I installed kaspersky 2010 and what a difference. I ran a scan and it found a some viruses and trojans. My computer starts right up not a real long time.  I think norton is a memory hog. I don't think kaspersky 2010 is a memory hog I think its 100x better than norton.

-reply by hulk718

I'm using Kaspersky internet suit 2010 as it's free to online Barclays bank customers. Bit early to express an opinion as I've only been running it a week or so but I wouldn't touch Norton despite claims they recently got there act together. Too much bad history with Symantec.

Keywords: kaspersky vs norton