xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pat23

Norton Or Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

kaspersky it's the best AV if you're searching something that really secure your pc, I don't like what he does because he slow down the system (less then norton anyway) so I can reccomend it only if you work with windows and must secure your data from other ingenous users that can damage your work with stupid actions (receiving malware from the web or from mail); otherwise you can surely choose something different and lighter like antivir.Bye :D

I've used kaspersky sometime in the past, and it beats Norton 100%.I would dare to say:Kaspersky: 9/10Norton: 6/10Only thing that I don't like with kaspersky, is that it really eats-up too much processor time...

Which of this two antivirus programs are better? NORTON or KASPERSKY? My copy of Norton is going to expire in a month, and i am just getting something esle. But i want to know which is better?

Norton is well known the antivirus world, and are okay.

Kaspersky has been recommeded by a few freinds and my prevouis webhost.

So which one do you all think is better?

both is great :D

i will go for kaspersky, 4 month ago i using norton but it eat my system memory a lot. slow down my system some more it will make my TV card no response.... :D
now i using Kaspersky, i really impress by it. 4 month problem free ;)
even when scaning it will slow sown my system... but i still feel kaspersky is 20% better than norton

I choose Kaspersky because Norton seriously slow down my Computer , Kaspersky can prevent virus from attacking my PC easily . Kaspersky all the way .

Between Kaspersky and Norton, get Kaspersky.But I still do prefer AVG. Avast! is also nice.Well actually I don't currently have (or need) any antivirus program. I use Firefox, Miranda and Gmail! =p

According to the results of AV, Kaspesky is by far the best anti-virus solution. However, don't load all your eggs in one basket. I use CA eTrust Antivirus, and nothing gets on the machine. However, this does not mean it can't. I suggest you get two or three antiviruses (if you can), that way you keep your system going. I know antiviruses can conflict, but I have only seen that happen with Norton rubbish.

F-Protect (f-prot) is a similar package which I have used for years. Like Kaspesky, it uses a search algorithm for identifying new viruses by looking for virus-like characeristics. It also runs on Linux (Linux version free) which means you can use a bootable Linux CD to check your Windows system. The Linux CD is impervious to viruses, so you know you have a clean scan. You can also scan Windows shared drives from a Linux server. Either way, viruses that mess with the file system or hide themselves from the virus scanner in other ways can still be detected.

well i would have to say kaspersky it might take a little to load n search but its a lot better than Nortonmy self i am now using nod32 and seems really cool fast and don't use much ram on doing a scanbut am thinking of going back to kaspersky soon when they finish there updates on there new version i migth go for it but until then am sticking on nod 32

Edited by blade (see edit history)

I have used Norton Anti virus 2006, Kaspersky Anti virus 6.** NOD32, McAffe Anti virus 2007 etc.In my opinion Kaspersky and NOD32 works best, don't even try Norton Av it is the most resource hogging app out there.I have a 512 MB stick, i found Kaspersky using moderate resources, if you want the best system usage then go for NOD32 it is better than Kaspersky at detection rate and performance.The "only" problem is it looks a bit cluttered UI.

But Kaspersky's real-time protection is very memory-hogging. I've tried it and it eats away your RAM like crazy. Norton is pretty good for everyday use, but on my comp with 256 MB RAM, I had to chuck it in favour of PC-Cillin which though is not as good as Norton, it uses less memory and it gets the job done.

Edited by knight17 (see edit history)

I think that Norton Antivirus is the Most depending anti virus all over the world i use it

You'll be surprised how much faster your system is after uninstalling Norton. And they're not really improving it with the next product Genesis, still a system hogger.
Norton used to have a popular name, but by no means is system-hogging the only con of Norton. It is not as reliable as Kaspersky or Norton. But anyways.

Both are great products. My preference goes towards Norton (also the winner in the 100% awards) for being much more light weight, less intrusive, fast and very reliable. But one shouldn't feel too bad after purchasing Kaspersky.