xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pat23

Norton Or Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

When it comes to the higher quality anti-virus programs, wether they be Norton, Kaspersky or AVG then there really isn't a 'best' one. It all depends really on personal choice and hardware. If you don't really want to spend the money on an anti-virus program but want a good all-round scanner for free then AVG is probably the best choice, then in the future if you want to upgrade your security package and pay for a premium scanner and maybe more, then since you have been using AVG free it would be a good idea to buy the premium version of AVG as you would be used to the interface already. If you want to go straight in to a premium package then you would probably go for something like Norton as it has the reputation and easy to use interface. Or maybe you had a months free trial on a new computer or laptop and you decide to extend the license. If you are running a computer with lower specs such as CPU speed or limited RAM then a lighter virus scanner would probably be in order. Norton uses far too much memory for slower computers and can end up chewing your entire operating speed. The same goes with kaspersky. I find that it's the interface more than the actual scanning that drives down computer speed, although the resident shield also is a significant drain. The choice is really down to you when it comes to choosing an anti-virus program, maybe give a few of the more popular ones a try using their free trials and see what you are most comfortable using, because in the end they mostly do the exact same thing anyway.

Run free use a VPN forget KasperskyNorton Or Kaspersky: Which Is Better?Replying to pat23Replying to iGuestReplying to pat23I ran Norton until 2007 I thought it was the best. Then I started seeing problems like worms the win XP anti-virus scam and poor responses from their support .At which point I switch to Kaspersky 2007. I have been using Kaspersky every since. Then this last January I went to renew my license as well as upgrade and I could not. So being happy with Kaspersky for almost 4yrs I paid the extra and purchase a new license at full price. I puurchased the Kaspersky top of the line protection Kaspersky PURE.Since installing PURE have not been able to use Windows media center. The the Win 7 Antivirus scam made it through and onto my system resulting in my having to wipe my hard drive to get rid of it. Next I was hit with a similar scam called Kaspersky security scan, after which I lost my 350gig mybook harddrive and all data contained. Currently I can not have Kaspersky running if I want to connect to the internet as it cuases my system to freeze up, CTRL/ALT/DELETE will not even work when this happens. I must shut off Kaspersky to use the internet. I can not even update kaspersky. However when I shut off Kaspersky my system runs without issues. Addirionally the license certificate comes up as invalid. I even removed and reloaded Kaspersky, oh that was when I discovered by CD from Kaspersky was blank and I had to down load it from Kasperskies web page. However reloading did not help as the software allowed my system to remain connected to the internet long enough to up date and freeze.So now I am running without any security beyond using a VPN service. Note Kaspersky has done nothing to help resolve my problem beyond send me to their FAQ.

virus disables internet access as well.Norton Or Kaspersky: Which Is Better?hey the virus that I just got on my laptop also disabled my internet access... How were you able to install an antivirus? like did you have to get the computer cleaned before installing the antivirus for it to work or did you just buy one and installed it?

well i agree with yor commentNorton Or Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

Replying to iGuest okI would totally recommend Norton specially the 360 edition, it protects my computer totally, I've goten a couple viruses by downloading a bunch of data, and Norton detects it and notifies me in less than a second, it is super reliable, I've also gone to "fake" websites and some of them try to hook into your computer, but Norton instantly notifies me and it blocks the page right away before anything happens, personally I've never had any trouble using Norton, Don't get more than one anti-virus, one is enough so they don't interfere with each other, and they will kill your computer slowing it down a lot. So get one you like, I've never tried Kaspersky, or AVG, I simply trust Norton. An I will continue to use it.

I love kasperskyNorton Or Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

I would buy kaspersky as its more intelligent at dealing with any online threats. I would walk past norton if I were in the shops.

-reply by Jac Giles