xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
quiksilver

Gran Tourismo 4

GT4 features over 700 cars, which many of them are modern(some hasn't even released on market). I cannot understand why you're complaining!? Anyway GT4 is an excellent game I don't know why many people think it's not good. It took years of development and SONY spent a big budget for this game, so I think it's worth the money, considering that there is nothing more realistic on any other platform.Even Forza Motorsport is too arcade when compared to GT4.

I know Gran Tourismo 4 is awsome and everything. But shouldn't this thread go here or here.
I'd just like to add that I love how in GT4 you can buy second hand cars and use your GT3 money credits in it. Good work right there. Good work.

I liked this game alot it had great graphics, great sound, great gameplay, great cars, and it was almost perfect except the promised online was not given to us like it was promised. If I completely forget about online because my internet is not good enough anyways it is still a best buy.

GT4 Can be classed as the best driving simulator ever, but I choose to disagree. OK it is the only game to offer 700+ Cars ranging from the classic 'Ford Model T Tourer ('15)' to the '', and its always been the top Race Sim on the market, But its still not up to scratch. Unlike other popular car/racing sims (Need For Speed Underground Series, Midnight Club Series) it dose not offer a huge amount of custimisation, all it lets you do is whack on a spoiler and change the rims whilst games like NFS Underground allow you to change everything from gleaming body kits to sparkling pearlesent paintjobs and superb cutomly designed sound systems to pearsonalised tacho's.Anoter fault made by GT4 creators is that there is no damage in the game. Some people think that the game shouldnt have damage because the game would lose that Gran Turismo feel, but many more agrre that GT would be a hell of a lot better if it had damage.

GT4 Can be classed as the best driving simulator ever, but I choose to disagree. OK it is the only game to offer 700+ Cars ranging from the classic '1915 Ford Model T Tourer' to the suped up '981HP Suzuki Escado', and its always been the top Race Sim on the market, But its still not up to scratch. Unlike other popular car/racing sims (Need For Speed Underground Series, Midnight Club Series) it dose not offer a huge amount of custimisation, all it lets you do is whack on a spoiler and change the rims whilst games like NFS Underground allow you to change everything from gleaming body kits to sparkling pearlesent paintjobs and superb cutomly designed sound systems to pearsonalised tacho's.Anoter fault made by GT4 creators is that there is no damage in the game. Some people think that the game shouldnt have damage because the game would lose that Gran Turismo feel, but many more agrre that GT would be a hell of a lot better if it had damage.

The problem with damage is that there exists a licence agreeement about damage. Sorry, I'm not that good at english. The game producers must agree with the car manufacturer about the maximum amount of damage. And doing that for 700 cars would be a little of the edge, don't you think? And also, about the tuning, it isn't the point of the GT series. The point is simulating driving, not tuning. tuning is there soo you can make downforce effects, more HP and so one. Personally I don't prefer a lot of bling on the car anyway.

I played gran turismo 3 and I thought it was pretty cool and I couldn't wait for the 4th to come out. Then I rented it one time and tried it out. The game is really cool and has really good graphics. It is really realistic but I think they should have damge to make it more realistic.

i'm not too much of a racing game person... so natrually, i didnt find teh game too appealing.i must say though, the graphics are simply beautiful. top notch stuff on that behalf. still, i dont like its slow and accurate kind of gameplay. i'm move into the raming and smashing into corners you get in otehr racing games seen in the need for speed underground series. and your point on the music, i must agree. its really flat out boring. it need more booom! lol your racing in hardcore cars but the background music being played while you drive just rids the game of its thrill.

yeah i love this game. best racing game ever, except i heard forza is more realistic, but I don't have an XBOX. I wish it'd work with my HDLOader.........which it does after a lot of work.

I am actually playing this game at the time of this post. My brother ended up buying it and I am currently trying to get going. I have a pretty decent car that I am tuning up and stuff. It is really a great game and fun to play. You can buy just about any car there is which is the fun part.

I started to play the game when my mom's boyfriend bought it. Instead of getting the measily 10,000 credits, I was able to load his GT3 game and get 100,000 credits! I immediatly bought a Dodge Viper and tuned it, when I was done it was over 1000hp!My above story is a perfect example of how unrealistic GT4 is. I'm not saying that the driving stuff isn't (or the cars for that matter), but you can easily get a 1000hp car if you have the cash. I'm not sure but if a car had that kind of power it would probably explode :).Anyways, I played it for a while, then got bored quickly. I wanted to play online. Guess what? NO ONLINE PLAY! Many games have this, but sadly, this one doesn't. At first it did, but the developers pulled the plug on online play at the last minute....My review.....Graphics: 8/10 - Simply amazing, although damage modeling would be nice!Soundtrack: 3/10 - I play the game with this off......Sounds (effects): 9/10 - Realistic engine sounds, although most aren't as unique as they should be.Gameplay: 7/10 - Great at first, but quickly becomes boring. Who would want to play an 24 hour endurance race?AI: 6/10 - The AI basically follows a single line, not caring if you are in the way, you will just get plowed......Other Comments: The Driving Missions are almost impossible to beat and may produce a lot of fustration. A great game, but yet.....still has its quirks....

I never really liked these game since when i use to play it on ps1. They really have improved it alot in the years. But it doesnt compare to any of the nfs games. I really prefer those alot better than that. But i havent played the latest one yet so i take a look at it and try it out.

Master, 1000 BHP is perfectly possible in the real world, if you have the cash. I have heard that it is indeed possible to tune a skyline to over 1000 BHP, and then there is of course the Bugatti Veyron. I adore this game. It is one of the reasons I own a PS2. Yaou cannot really appreciate it until you actually drive a real car at speed, then you see how leagues ahead of everything else it is. The graphics are superb. It has been mentioned about the lack of customisation, but PD are not going in for the 'underground' feel. It would be nice to see some more I admit, but paint customisation is largely irrelevant in such a title as this. There is a wide array of cars to choose from, and each one responds differently, and some are close to their actual counterparts. Something Need for Speed or Forza has never been able to replicate. The soundtrack is a huge matter of opinion, some will like it, some will not. I personally would like to see it hone in on a specific type of music rather than the mish mash it is at the minute. If you like racing games. Get this. It, along with PES 5 are the only reasons I have a PS2