xisto Community
nightfox1405241487

What's On Your Lan?

Boring...2 laptops running XP1 wireless router/switchOne is a Dell with a 1.6 Gig Pentium Mobile and 368 MB of RAM.The other is my girlfriend's old Toshiba. I don't know the specs off hand.The router is the same Linksys your mom probably has.

Work:4 Dual 1.25Ghz PowerMac G4's10 Dual 2Ghz PowerMac G5's6 iMac's (various configs)3 Dual 2Ghz G5 Xserve2 1.2TB Xserve RAID50 Xserve Cluster Nodes (20 installed, 30 on order) for SCREAMERNET II (lightwave rendering engine)3 48-port Nortel Gigabit switchs1 Nortel router1 3.06 Ghz P4 FreeBSD configured as custom router/firewallHome:1 Dual 2.0Ghz g5 Powermac 1 Dual 1.25Ghz g4 PowerMac (OS 10.4 server unlimited) Xgrid Admin20 1.25Ghz Mac Mini's 512MB ram each (configured as Xgrid agents)1 Dlink gigabit game router1 26-port 10/100/1000 Trendnet switch

I have:1 pc2 laptopsabout 100,000+ of files sharing from each to the othersI wanted to have good connection, currently I have 512/256 connection which not too bad but I just wanted to have better one.Satellite would be great but too much money :D LOL

hehe...-1500 PCs running windows and/or linux,-2Mbps connection for all of them :D-about 2-3TB of files being shared between each other :DIt's in my univ where we've got internet connections in our dorms. The only problem is the internet connection which is terrible if all the residents start surfing simultaneously.

Well I have a little lan in my house, and it has:2 PC1 Laptop (Portatil)1 Firewall2 HP Printers1 HUB 3Com with 10 ports1. Router/Swith.1 External Modem.1. Wifi transmiter (for the PDA and other peripherials)The Primary machine, is a Pentium IV 2.8Ghz, with 1024MB Ram, 2 Hard disk, one of 80GB and the other of 120GB, Windows XP Professional and Linux RedHat

Wired:Motorola Surfboard 5100 Cablemodem (5000/2000kbps connection although the upload is usually more like ~1200-1400kbps)1 Printer1 Flatbed scanner1 P4 Laptop - Win XP1 P3 Laptop - Win XP1 P4 Desktop - Win MEWireless:1 P4 Laptop - Win XPThat's all we really need for now. I have an ollld desktop I could connect for storage but there is really no point at the moment.

LivingRoom:* a IBM ThinkPad with CPU@1,6MHz (Centrino); 1024MB Ram* a Terminal-PC CPU@700MHz; 128MB RamWorkingArea:* 1 Dual Xenon Server as Storage, Print and VideoLan-Server (19")* 1 LowPower Pentium 3 * another IBM ThinkPad nearly the same as the first