xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darkool

Ps3 And Xbox Coming Out Soon

from what i hear the nintendo revolution is gonna try to be released when ps3 is released... according to nintendo they believe the part of the reason gamecube couldnt compete with ps2 was the later release date

from what i hear the nintendo revolution is gonna try to be released when ps3 is released... according to nintendo they believe the part of the reason gamecube couldnt compete with ps2 was the later release date

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From what I've read, Nintendo don't have much of an idea what is going on with the Revolution. Apparently all they had at e3 was the plastic case of the Revolution... no game demos, no hardware or anything, just the case. Either they are keeping everything a huge secret to try to have some big fantastic release that REALLY WILL be revolutionary... or they are just falling way behind and there's no way they will be releasing this at the same time as the Playstation 3.

i think ps3 will be better. but i do hope the new xbox won't be a gaint like the orignal xbox. Also I don't really like the xbox controller either. Kinda fat and buky to me. maybe I like japanese products better because they have better quality most of the time. why is xbox naming the new version 360 anyway?

I personally can't wait until they come out. I'm not exactly sure which one I'm going to buy. I mean XBOX 360 has got HALO and PS3 has got Grand Theft Auto. Both amazing games in my point of view. Anyone heard of a price range for the consoles? I heard around $700 for PS3, but I'm not sure if that's accurate or not. Hopefully not, seeing as how that's quite a bit of money for a game console. :D

I personally can't wait until they come out.  I'm not exactly sure which one I'm going to buy.  I mean XBOX 360 has got HALO and PS3 has got Grand Theft Auto.  Both amazing games in my point of view.  Anyone heard of a price range for the consoles?  I heard around $700 for PS3, but I'm not sure if that's accurate or not.  Hopefully not, seeing as how that's quite a bit of money for a game console. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One thing I've been thinking about in regards to halo and the xbox 2...if Bungie's next project is going to be halo3 it might not be made to run only on teh x360. Consider this, if the x360 is backwards compatable, then Bungie could make halo3 for the xbox1 and then halo3 would be playable on the first xbox and the newer x360 xbox, then halo3 and x360 wouldn't be competing.

and Bungie would be continuing to show it's loyalty to it's fans by not jumping to the next console =D

The reason I thoguht of this is because I think I read somewhere that Bungie either hasn't even touched a developer kit ('cept for e3) or that they only have 1 or 2 or soemthing like that...can anyone confirm this?

xbox 360.. should be six.... its going ot be a fast machine...i havent heard much on the ps3.. but im expecting it to be ASome.. like there other systems..even tho i dont own a ps2 hahaHALO 3!!!!!!!!!!! come soon after release of xbox 360

xbox 360.. should be six.... its going ot be a fast machine...i havent heard much on the ps3.. but im expecting it to be ASome.. like there other systems..even tho i dont own a ps2 haha

HALO 3!!!!!!!!!!! come soon after release of xbox 360

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haven't heard much about the next gen systems? They have been discussed quite a bit in these forums, all you have to do is read through them to find most the stuff you want to know about them.

HALO 3 FOR THE PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come one day hopefully because I wont be buying an Xbox360 :(

Before its over with these gaming consoles are gonna be just like computers..they practically already are you just can't surf the net with them yet. The prices are rising to the occasion of a computer thats for sure and the games themselves have outrageous prices, i doubt i buy either of the 2 i'll just stick to whats made for the computer.

all the next gen consoles sound great (altough not much have been released on them). i have been keeping up on my reading about them here in the forums and i have heard many great things about all of them (mostly rumors). i own/ed and xbox and i loved it. i think the xbox is still way better than the ps2 or gamecube. sure there are games out there that are better for one system than the other. but the console itself is just better. but the next gen, i think im gonna make a switch to ps3 considering what ive heard over the couple months. there are speculations about the backwards compatibility of the xbox 360 and to me, the three (only three that ive seen) released screenshots arent that great to begin with. but the ps3's screenshots were amazing. the specs on the system are great. (about the same as all the other consoles - not too much difference) the design of the case is awesome as well. and wireless controllers !! (i believe all three systems are going to have wi-fi ... but o well :P). playstation has always seemed to be one step ahead of the game too. xbox (being microsofts first console) probably came about as close to the finish line with playstation as possible. but i dont think they are going to be able to do it again. and the revolution, they arent releasing enough information on it. i can understand that they want to conseal all the information from the other companies so they dont steal it (again from what i was told ... sumtin about mario). but i think they should give out a little more info so that they can get people hyped up about the system. then again. if it is going to be as good as i want it to be :):P...then they should wait, then everyone would rush out to buy it the second its released and everyone would forget about the other consoles....o well, guess ill have to wait till 2006 to find out, cant wait for ps3!

Yeah its all a little bit exciting! I really dont think that it would be that hard for Nintendo to release a better system than the other two. It all really depends on which direction they decide to go. If they go with the tri-core, then they may have their work cut out for them, but if they were to say go dual-core, then they could easily put out a more powerful machine than the other two. But having said that, all things come at a price. So what restrictions will that have on what they are capable of? I guess we will all have to wait and see. It's really quite exciting, and its still gonna be a fairly long time before these machines will be available. My guess is as good as yours on what will happen. Oh yeah, and if I were to chose one of these machines based on what news I have heard on specs, etc... I would more likely tend toward the xbox360. For now, i'll stick to my dual core amd 4800+ :)

IMO, I think it's too early for them to be releasing new consoles. At least that's how I feel. We already have photorealistic games, I doubt the new ones will be that much better.

Lol did people know that Bungie is releasing Halo 3 the day that PS3 comes out. Thats hilarious. The Xbox is going to be released earlier than the PS3 right? Isn't Xbox being released around Christmas time? It going to be awesome. I'm thinking of buying an Xboxb 360 instead of a PS3 because I already have a Ps2 and no need to waste my PS2.

Cool I get to do on this thread what M3ch4 did on another:
Click here for the full artical and technical breakdown.

Here is a quick over view:

There are three critical performance aspects of a console:

* Central Processing Unit (CPU) performance.

* The Xbox 360 CPU architecture has three times the general purpose processing power of the Cell.

* Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) performance

* The Xbox 360 GPU design is more flexible and it has more processing power than the PS3 GPU.

* Memory System Bandwidth

* The memory system bandwidth in Xbox 360 exceeds the PS3's by five times.

After the total breakdown, that can be found in the artical linked above, there can be no doubt that Sony has once again over stated the performace of yet another member of the playstation family.

I posted that on another thread here on Xisto pertaining to the PS3