xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darkool

Ps3 And Xbox Coming Out Soon

I heard that the new xbox system is going to be called xbox 360 because it is being released at the same time as PS3 and they didn't want xbox 2 competting with PS3. I actually don't think it's that bad of an idea to release them at the same time. They are supposed to come out around Christmas, which means lots of sales, but general people buy one or the other. Most people who like and use playstation are going to continue getting PS systems and vice versa.I agree that the new xbox should be able to play the old xbox games, but PSP has been fairly successful with making people buy all new games so perhaps xbox can do the same. Either way it will be interesting to see what they end up doing.Axis

Don't get too ahead of yourselves...around christmas is FINALLY when they'll start manufacturing the PS3's processor..Hell, I've had yet to even see any blu-ray devices on the market yet....And remember, it will be released in Japan about a year before it gets released here...We're not seeing this thing until mid 2006-early 2007

GameIndustry.biz has reported that BritSoft developers have gotten their hands on Sony's next-gen development hardware. Sony apparently, are continuing to quietly roll out dev kits to select partners ahead of the system's E3 unveiling.A number of Japanese companies have had development hardware for the console for several months, and some are believed to be working on software demos for E3, but yesterday brought the first confirmation that kits have shipped in the UK as well.So far, however, the roll-out of systems appears to be to a small group of Sony's close partners, and GI.biz are only aware of two studios in the country which have hardware - although some others may simply be remaining more tight-lipped about the kits.Details of what exactly is present in the next-generation PlayStation dev kits are sparse, but according to one development source, "they're more advanced than the PowerMac kits [Microsoft] has given us [for Xenon] - they're still prototypes, but they're closer to what'll be in the final console... The graphics chip isn't there, say, but we can get a pretty good idea by taking an NVIDIA 6800 and saying, okay, it'll be like this but faster."However, he did note that developers are expecting Microsoft to update the prototype PowerMac-based Xenon kits with more advanced hardware "pretty much any day now" - an important step for the company, since it's still planning to launch the next-generation Xbox before the end of the year, and industry rumours suggest that it may even have recently pulled the launch schedule forward by several weeks.Sony plans to show the next-generation PlayStation off in public for the first time at its pre-E3 conference in Los Angeles in May, where it will almost certainly debut within a few hours of the public unveilings of Nintendo's Revolution and Microsoft's next-gen Xbox. However, the system - which is based on a new chip called Cell, which was co-developed by IBM and Sony, and an NVIDIA graphics board - is not expected to start shipping to consumers until the second quarter of 2006 at the earliest.

It is concievable that the PS3 & Xbox (new) will come out on the same day. This is probably the new way in which business are competing these days.And, people who are very gaming manic will be able to buy both on the same day. Therefore, more inclined to buy games faster.I don't see as why they are constanly bringing out new consoles, one after the other. Sony have recently released the slim-line one (in the UK, the 4th quarter of 2004). And I don't like the XBox anyway, it looks like a conrete slab (at the moment) and I can't afford it nor the games.When they bring out a new console that does everything perfectly, is cheap, and has many good games that are also cheap, then I will be the manic over such hardware. Until then, I'll just bide my time.Finally, more games that are being produced for the likes of GameCube, Xbox & PS are also being developed for the PC. The difference is that to make your software work with your computer, all you have to do is upgrade it (if need be).--mik:P

Yeah, I think the the New X-box and Ps3 will come out on the same day because Microsoft & Sony will compete Sales Wise,I think the the ony good game on X-box is proboally Halo & Halo-2i want to get one just for these games :( but im not sure wether to buy them for PC or what....

After a quick search I came across this and thought you guys would be interested in it...

"Well, there you have it. The thing really looks that way, and it is really called Xbox 360. Apparently this picture was snapped at a “Xbox 360 Revealed” launch party in Los Angeles, organized by Microsoft.

Posted Image

Question - will the Xbox Live headset be included standard with each Xbox 360 console sold?

The controller really is white, and there is no cord to see. It probably really is wireless! There is another little gadget on the right and it looks like a little camera, similar to Sony’s Eye-Toy for Playstation 2."

The new Xbox looks really good in my opinion... a huge improvement on the first one anyway. And from the looks of it, the controllers are going to be wireless. As mentioned in the article, there is no cord to be seen on that controller, and even without seeing a picture of the controller you could come to the conclusion that they will be wireless because there doesn't seem to be any controller ports on the actual Xbox.

Well, E3 is on in a couple of days so I guess we'll finally get to see the actual thing anyway. I can't wait to see screenshots, or clips even, of games being played on these new systems.

wow, microsoft is pusing the look of the new Xbox more towards the desktop computer tower look huh...it reminds me of those dell desktops...surprises me, I would have thought that microsoft would want to differentiate the new x-box from pc's as much as possible as far as the look goes.

wow, microsoft is pusing the look of the new Xbox more towards the desktop computer tower look huh...it reminds me of those dell desktops...surprises me, I would have thought that microsoft would want to differentiate the new x-box from pc's as much as possible as far as the look goes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I actually quite like it, even if it does look similar to a desktop computer tower. Although I won't be buying one of these, I'm not an Xbox fan, I'm glad to see they have moved right away from that big ugly lump of black plastic design they used for their original Xbox. The thing is just way too big and looks hideous. They have slimmed the new one down quite a bit, and given it a much more stylish look... I know that if I was to buy either of the Xbox systems, I'd much rather have the new Xbox 360 sitting next to my TV than the original Xbox.

i'd have to disagree with the person who said the new xbox console was getting more hype than the PS3....i've known about the PS3 coming out for over 2 years now...while i have barely heard anything about the new Xbox...the new PS3 is supposed to be faster than most computers...they actually made a new sort of chip for it in order to make it go as fast as it will be going....i can't wait to get my hands on it...it will be great gameplaying

Can't wait until PS3 come out, it's probably the best game system ever made. Sony always have great system. Microsoft, I think the company only good at oberating system. However, other stuffs, company like macromedia or abroba (however you spell it) beat it. It cool that how PS3 have a projecter. Project the game screen into your wall or what ever. You don't need a TV anymore.

Can't wait until PS3 come out, it's probably the best game system ever made. Sony always have great system. Microsoft, I think the company only good at oberating system. However, other stuffs, company like macromedia or abroba (however you spell it) beat it. It cool that how PS3 have a projecter. Project the game screen into your wall or what ever. You don't need a TV anymore.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The PS3 will have a built in projector? I haven't heard of that yet, where did you get that information? It's kind of hard to believe that it will actually have one, considering it can cost several thousand dollars just to buy a stand alone projector on it's own. I have seen mock pictures of PS3 designs that people had made, and one of them included a projector in it's system but I really doubt it will be an actual feature of the PS3... unless someone wants to prove me wrong. I would be stoked knowing that it really had this feature, but it really isn't realistic.

Information about all consoles on http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, all but the nintendo Revolution which is going to have wireless controllers only with rechargable batteries. The revolution and ps3 are the best consoles of next gen, XBox 360 has absolutly nothing on them, MS upgraded barley anything. Just made it look different and put a little better graphics card in it. PS3 isn't going to have a projector I was at e3 2 days ago to listen to Sony, MS, and Nintendos next gen consoles, it kicked azzThe "Revolution" as it is called right now comes with a hard drive that gives a new meaning to backwards compatability. Because with it and it's built in wireless reciever, you can download for a price every singgle black-list Nintendo game every releaced. That means every single English and Japanese game releaced for every nintendo console up to th e"Revolution" Can be downloaded and played countless times, And the hard drive has enough space to hold all of those games (thats more than 100 gigs) Not to mention its the smallest console ever that will have the next gen graphics card (Made by Radion) and the prossesor will be awsome. It will probaly be the most innovative out of all of them.Ps3 IS AWSOME thats all I can say about it, you have to look on E3 just to see stuff on it, because I cannot explain how wonderful it is.