xisto Community
Dragonfly

How Often Do You Exercise? Very good for health

I try to go 5 times a week. Weight training and cardio 3 times a week and cardio only 2 times a week. But I think eating healthy is more important than going to the gym.Eating right = 70% what determines your healthExercise = 30%Give or take.

Exercise? I think I'm nearly fat so I do need a lot of not just stretching but sweating. I'm very lazy though, I live near our university campus but I still commute! Talk about lazy! Well anyways I plan on waking up early now so that I could walk to school. It would save me money and I know that walking on sunshine brings color to my cheeks so... :P

How often do you exercise in a week? I usually go for jogging and body stretching sort of exercise atleast three times a day. A year ago I joined gym but I left owing to too much difference it brought in muscles' movement when one becomes a little inactive. I feel that normal exercise is good enough for health. Share yours. thanks.

58699[/snapback]

I jog once a day six times a week. I take cod liver oil to keep the knees in shape

Well i dont do heavy exercies much but yes i do yoga which is really good for health...well every exercise is good for health but i find YOGA good for soul as well and it takes care of almost all diseases.

well, I have track practice 6 times a week. (Mon. thru Fri & Sat.) We do hour distance runs, and three track workouts a week. I just got home from doing cutdown two hundreds, thats running 3 200s with a minute rest. After every three, rest gets cut down 15 seconds until you reach 0. Then you run three more as hard as you can go and your done. Man, I hate that workout. :unsure:

I usually walk about 5 miles a day. I walk to all my friends houses and back and stuff like that. Other than that i do so many sit-ups, push-ups, and i use dumbells to do curls and stuff like that. It all depends on how i am feeling that day to how many i do. But yes exercise is important for your health.

well, I have track practice 6 times a week. (Mon. thru Fri & Sat.) We do hour distance runs, and three track workouts a week. I just got home from doing cutdown two hundreds, thats running 3 200s with a minute rest. After every three, rest gets cut down 15 seconds until you reach 0. Then you run three more as hard as you can go and your done. Man, I hate that workout. :(

Here is a sample of a training program I had once upon a time, when I could run all day and most of the night...

Run a 220 at 90% speed, jog a 220, then repeat. 20 in a row with no stopping.

That is 5 miles straight.

A couple miles for warm-up before and a couple miles cool-down after...

For a switch, turn them into 330's or 440's... :unsure: or combine them into 220, followed by a 330, then a 440 with a jog 220 in between each length. ... repeat 8 times or so ... but you really need to be in top form for these exercises, else you will hurt something. Best to have a solid core conditioning program behind you..

Used to do 120 miles per week... total, Speed work Spring and Fall, Conditioning in the Winter and lots of Competiions during the Summer, that is way too many...

Well for me i go almost everyday but sometimes i miss out but yes i go almost everyday except Fridays as my gym is closed on that day due to public holiday as the weekend system here is Friday and Saturday. Anyways i read most of the replies and happy that my fellow mates are very healthy and health conscious here and not just sitting on PC all day.

I run everyday and I love it! First I stretch, then I run about a mile or more, walking inbetween. I'd like to play tennis everyday, but there isn't a court nearby. Same with rollerskating: I would if I had some skates. I wish I had my own track so I could run on it whenever I wanted! :unsure:

I love to jog everyday if i can, and if I don't then I normally walk. I love to do yoga, as well.My favourite kind of yoga to do are the Ravi Singh and Ana Brett Kundalini yoga Dvd's. They give you the best and most dramamtic results in the quickest amount of time. They are also very relaxing with a meditation in between each exersize, and also very fun, too. I like to take sauna's also, does that count as exersize? It makes you sweat and increases your heart rate, so why not? I like rebounding, and try to do it for about 10 minutes each day. It's great at moving the lymph system and for better circulation. Sometimes I like to lift weights, because it makes it easier to do more areobic exersizes. First, to do running or anything, like yoga, you must have the muscles to support yourself, I think.I like exersizing, becuase it can be very relaxing, ironically, and I can feel old emotions being detoxed out, espaecially when I do more intense stuff. What you do for the body you do for the mind.

Hmmm I should go jogging but I don't ever do it. I'd get bored by myself.I used to play golf quite a lot on weekends which obviously involved walking several miles carrying a heavy bag of clubs on your back so I suppose that kept my fitness alright. I also play football loads outside of school with my friends.PE is always tiring. I love it though especially when playing football. I also have a membership up my local gym but I've only used it several times, the last of which was months ago so I've probably forgotten how to work most of the machines!

Hey,I exercise hardly as I work in the night and sleep off the morning and the afternoons are hot, Then the time is perfect in the evening but again I am at work. I get exercise by walking whenever possible like going to my friends or with my boyfriend. He makes me exercise quite a bit, I walk my dogs after my shift(I work in my home). I go for short walks for If I go for long ones thenI end up stressing my body and making it do overtime negatively.I am naturally slim, My health is not bad except for really bad joints. I ma quite active so it isn't that bad