xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
NilsC

Create A Banner... Comments Go Here

This tread is for commenting on the "Create a Banner" post

The start and end time for the promotion will be 15 days and the tread that you are going to submit the entries to will be open for replies. Use this tread to suggest any changes to the format or for us to clarify anything that is posted in the other tread. We will update the unclear parts.

Remember the judging will be subjective and does not reflect on anyoneâs ability to create logo or banners.

Any comment on a banner or submission should be done here and not in the "Create a banner..." tread.
Add your banners here
Nils

Question : which file format is prefered? JPG or gif or is png allowed as well? how about flash? And I can't make a promise LOL if I can't come up with something decent I prefer to not do it at all :) I am a wee perfectionist. LOL

I wouldnt mind makinga banner but how do you make one???can someone teach me...I can draw really well, so I would like to draw something and make a banner.

Yeah, NilsC, can it be in flash? Also, for banner 3, you said

Banner 3 should be 160x600

, is that really true? That would make it more portrait like, instead of landscape.

OK, nvm. Sources reveal that Banner 3 really is supposed to go vertical.
Edited by szupie (see edit history)

Right I meant for one iteration. A two minute long iteration just wouldn't make sense.Nice logos Szupie, but I think I mislead you. The fourth banner, I think, is still supposed to advertise Xisto - Web Hosting.com, but be designed to be placed on Xisto and Xisto. NilsC, if you could clarify this it would be helpful. I also recommend making the gray text a little lighter, it's too hard to read.I ought to download the Flash because making the animated gifs is taking too darn long :). So right now, you have the title in the bag.

the first 3 banners is supposed to be for advetising Xisto - Web Hosting.com anywhere. You should make the banner as a sales pitch, or a way of promoting the paid hosting, tell about the quality. (use your own imagination :) )

the fourth is to use as a footer on Xisto & Xisto letting people know that the boards are hosted by Xisto - Web Hosting.com

Posted Image

You can use your own slogan for the one to use on Xisto and Xisto (So it don't have to match what is there)

szupie, nice banners..

Nils