xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
snlildude87

Bittorrent Client What is your favorite BT client?

What is your favorite BitTorrent client?  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Turnerzworld Team was also recently asked this question, and the answer is Azureas, i think thats how its spelt. Its a great little app, and thrashes all others such as the Bittorrent client, uTorrent, etc.Hi,I just wanted to tell everyone about my websites podcast at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. I'm sure you might think that why am I trying to get a free hosting account when I am already paying 500 dollars for one else where, i want my users to have their own turnerzworld email, so yourname@turnerzworld.com, and to do that I need Cpanel, thats where Xisto Comes in, though i am planning on starting my own free hosting service with cpanel. 1gb of space for all users. Well, i'll see.-Alexander turnerCEO turnerzworld.com

I use Azureus for it's features. I like it... especially the selective downloading feature and the ability to kick/ban people you're connected to. However, I don't like how it hounds all my memory and sometimes loads extremely slow. At least Azureus does the job for me... As long as it does its job and has a nice set of features, it's what I'm going to use. <_<

ABC (Another Bittorrent Client)Because it has a simple, elegant interface. And I works just fine. I've always had problems with the other popular ones.

hmmm... ive used quite a few clients myself. right now i'm using bitcomet only because its really easy to handle and its ok on the cpu load. i must agree with the people who said bittornado is faster, i think it is aswell but i cant stand having multiple client windows open. azureus lagged like hell, and i din like teh way it operated. ABC was ok, but bitcomet is basically an advanced version of that so i switched. overall, i just use bitcomet cause of the reasons stated earlier. ;]

I've Tried almost every client for torrent files. I've come across a recent one I found to be insanely good. What it does is it uses less system resources and takes a little less or your bandwidth to use it. The program is called uTorrent. you can download it at http://www.utorrent.com/intl/en/. You can download multiple torrent files at ones in the nice categorized menu. You can also add you own skins to the program to make it feel like your own program.

Everyone should go try this out. I haven't come across a better one since I've tried all the others vs. this one.

And to answer blue lightnings question: yes Shareaza is P2P, however you can download torrent files through it as well. It connects to edonkey, limewire, bareshare, and many other clients for the P2P part of the program. I don't think programs like this are good. programs are ment to have a soul purpose. If it is programmed to do to many things, it causes more errors (usually).

Edited by dragonis (see edit history)

i cant believe you guys have missed out uTorrent from your survey list! man uTorrent is clearly the best and most well known torrent software out there. it used to be bitComet but its been taken over!!!

http://www.opera.com/blogs/news/

i cant really explain why its so good. in my experience i get the best download speeds (up to 400kb/s) and thats keeping my upload speeds limited to 40kb - so i can play CS hehee.

anyway, click the image to go to the site in case you hadnt realised !

I use BitComet, only because uTorrent doesn't run on my computer for some reason. I find it gives decent speeds. I never liked BitLord, mainly because all it is is a lower version of BitComet, Azureus lags and sucks up ram. BitTornado would never accept any trackers. I used to use the Linux version, until my Linux box crashed and died, one of these days I'll have to fix it, I love Linux. >_> But I do want to try uTorrent someday.

I currently use BitComet because it let's me choose the files from the torrents that I want to download, and it doesn't seem to go any slower than BitTornado did for me. Although I am thinking about trying a couple of the others out, not sure yet.

Edited by SarCasM (see edit history)

I was skimming the forums and came across a thread about torrent. After reading through several posts and even a couple of different threads I am still no more enlightened about what Torrent is. It is evidently something about downloading files and there are several different programs for doing so. If someone wants a good crack at post credits you could post a definition and discussion about torrent for us noobs who dont know what it is.

I've tried most of those, and I'd say Azureus is the best. The original Bittorrent client has the nasty feature of one torrent at a time...It's very annoying to wait for one to finish, especially if the download speed isn't all too fantastic. Bittornado is nice for downloading torrents with certain protection (got advent children when it first came out!), but for the most part is has a hard time finding peers. I had the same problem with BitComet as well...I hardly got anything downloaded because they could never find any peers. I got Azureus a while back and still use it to this day because it pretty much suits all my needs. It allows for multiple torrent downloads, has never had a problem opening a torrent, and always manages to find peers (if they exist, that is).Also, why is BitComet on there twice? Do you think it's just that good? ;)And you might want to put ?Torrent up there, as it's one of the most (if not the most) popular bittorrent client out there. Azureus has been working great for me so I haven't had a need to try it for myself.

Edited by RedAlert (see edit history)

I've tried most of those, and I'd say Azureus is the best.

Yeah I agree completely with you on this one.

And I give additional plus to Azureus because it was programmed in JAVA.