xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
snlildude87

Bittorrent Client What is your favorite BT client?

What is your favorite BitTorrent client?  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Another BitTornado user here. I must admit, I really don't know much about these things. My computer is so damn slow, I try to download episodes of television shows, and it takes like one week, if it works at all. But it's fun anyways.

I use Bitlord. no special reason why i chose it. it just happened to be the first one i saw when looking for a torrent program. i have to say i'm pretty happy with it. never had any problems with it using up cpu, or freezing. fast downloads if u have a good line, and of course, that there are enough seeders available. it's a bandwidth hog though, so i either have to run it at night or either when no one else is using the computers, as we have a shared connection and like 6 computers all hooked up to a 256k DSL.

Oops,i started another thread like this not realizing there was one already......but anyway....ive been using Azureus and DL torrents from filelist.org..............but as im sure u all know,Azureus uses Java,and other's dont....so i guess the ones that dont use java would be the best bet......less juice being used that way

I use Bitlord. no special reason why i chose it. it just happened to be the first one i saw when looking for a torrent program. i have to say i'm pretty happy with it. never had any problems with it using up cpu, or freezing. fast downloads if u have a good line, and of course, that there are enough seeders available. it's a bandwidth hog though, so i either have to run it at night or either when no one else is using the computers, as we have a shared connection and like 6 computers all hooked up to a 256k DSL.

66527[/snapback]

I know the feeling, I'm using Bitlord as well, as my friend recommended it to me. I'm also on a 256k DSL line, shared with 2 dektops, and 2 laptops. so bandwidth is an annoying problem sometimes. Overall, I like the performance in it, but i really dislike the inability to change the default search page ;) I would have to give it a 7/10

I use Azureus, it's a very nice bittorrent program. ;)Does it job, and does it well, basic and advanced features are all there, and is easy to do..The only thing i don't understand is why it needs java to work??

I use BitLord, it's really fast program. And for the torrents, I search them at isohunt.com However, Bitlord is actually an adult program, and it has an adult link to xxx chat. So, it's not really good for immature people. It doesn't cause any spywares to be installed or any computer hang ups.

I like the way Azureus was built... using a "all-systems base" language but for me it doesn't works as good as BitTornado... I don't know if it happens to everyone or if it was a bad version of azureus (old version) but when I installed it I couldn't use all of my connection on torrents... So I kept using my bitornado which is simple but works really fine!

been using bitcomet for some time now and so far so good, I have downloaded lots of tv shows and they are great, I honestly have not tried other type so I can't give a comparison, It gives me what I need so I guess I just need to stick to it.

since i discovered the torrents my life was beatiful ... i started using the bittornado ... the problem that i found to it it that i have to open a new instance of the program if want to have another torrent downloading ... problem ... 1 download - 1 instance running ... messy right ??? ... they i used a java-based client called Azureus ... it was great and have a lot of cool new features but i dont know how that program distribute the bandwith that my download band was to used in its 100% and all the upload rate is not 100% cofigurable ... for example ... if you put a download rate in the cofiguration it automatically calculates the upload rate for you even if you dont have it ... for example i have ADSL ... the A is of asymmetric .. does if sounds familiar ... right ... i donwload to 512 kbps and my upload rate is 128 kbps ... so if i want to download to 512 kbps that program put my upload rate automatically to 256 kbps of 320 kbps i dont remember ... but if i have an upload of 128 then all my internet service get messy ... i can work with internet explorer because the uploas bandwith was always satured ... etc etc ...finally and the best ... BitComet .. great program ... and have an upload rate configurable ... so that you can mange you bandwith as you want ... i recomend this a lot ... try it ... ill not describe it as the other so that you can try it ... remember ** * BitComet * **

The best Bit Torrent Client. AZUREUS

INFO :

Azureus is a easy-to-use Java BitTorrent client, with support for 27 languages. Azureus connects to the BitTorrent network. BitTorrent is a peer-to-peer protocol designed to transfer files. Users connect directly to send and receive portions of a file, while a central tracker coordinates the action of all peers and manages connections without knowledge of the contents of the files being distributed. With BitTorrent, users upload at the same time they download, so network bandwidth is managed as efficiently as possible. BitTorrent is designed to work better than other file-transfer protocols as the number of people interested in a certain file increases.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
SPAM! Source http://www.cnet.com/html/404.html Do not copy and paste. This is your last friendly warning. I even PMed you. Next time it will be adjustment in your warning level.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

the first clients I used were Shareaza (because I used it for Gnutella and Gnutella2) and the original one (the first time I used a BT client), but I didn't like it - my computer used to crash when I used it; I am using now Azureus because it got a nice interface and allow you to choose which files you want to download or not - which I use very oftenly

I use BitComet.. It's the only bittorrent i've tried apart from the original one.. I love the fact that you can choose what files you want to dl from selected torrent.. most likely other "clients" have that too but i'm generally really satisfied with this and i've used this for quite a long time.. Works just fine for me.. maybe a bit slowly sometimes but that's probably 'cos of my bad connection and not the torrent client :)

As the votes are clearly showing, Azuerues is deffinatly the best client. For starters it is written in java...which means it is complatible with most operating systems. Add the giant database of mods (to do basicly neigh anything you could possibly want); the extensive interface (allowing you to tweak practically everything); and the wonderful functionality and...well...it's pretty much perfect.Oh, who voted for the origonal bittorrent client? Hah. The guy made a wonderful protocol, but his client was ssssooooo bad.