xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
snlildude87

Bittorrent Client What is your favorite BT client?

What is your favorite BitTorrent client?  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think that azerus is a great java based bittorrent client because it has a great gui, and everything is monitored, even the diffrent programs the peers that your downloading from are tracked so i can see which is the most popular. And disregarding this poll i see more edonkey clients than any other. Which is surprising because i didn't think that eDonkey use bitorrent. But i think that exeem is also an excellent client

I would reccomend Azuerous but for a good computer. Other ones dont require so much ram and stuff but i like azuerous. Exeem also has bittorent supported but i have never tried it. What do you guys think is the best one? I haven't tried all of them yet but maybe one of you guys have? Well if you guys know id like to know. It would be a conviencence to know. Thanks in Advance if someone can tell me.

Hmmm, no option to vote for azureus? After trying many other clients this one is my favorite by far. It loads fast, has lots of plugins, and is very configurable. Another client i have installed is bitornade since its very small and simple to use, but when I have many torrents at the same time, I always use azureus.

Woo hoo! So far, no one has gotten confused by the double BitComet's!Casanova, I'm the exactly opposite as you - I like simple programs that get the jobs done, and you like complicated programs that get the job done. :angry: But so far, my BitTorrent client, BitTornado, is beating your Azureus :blink:

I think it's too cluttered. Personally, I'd take a program that does its job in a simple GUI rather than a complicated one that doesn't, which happened to me several times when using Shareaza. A new torrent file was released, and Shareaza could not download it.

I didnt like Shareaza one bit. Even for files with many peers, the downloads were always under 10kbs, which is about 12 times slower than what I normally get with other clients. I have read that the speed goes up after you have been uploading to other people foor several weeks, but why would I stay using using if takes forever to get anything during that time?

I was on Bit Torrent about two and a half years ago and the first client I used was the official one. The official client turned out to be a great disappointment. The allocation of disk space is not good and it takes me a long time to kick off before I really get anything on my disk. I have tried several bit torrent clients with the python core, including ABC and burst, which are all based on shadow experiment core. They took a huge amount of resources, though and my super old computer would simply hang with more than sixty connections. Their allocation of memory is not satisfactory either. Then I though, it the inefficient language, python, must be the culprit here. Then I turned to clients whose core are written in other language. There are a few alternatives, Aruzeus, a very famous one is based on Java, BitComet is based on C plus plus and libtorrent also comes with a default client in C plus plus. BitComet pleased me. You can connect to virtually any number of peers you would like to and the core is not so hungry with CPU resources. The bad thing about it is of course that it is not open source, and God knows what the author has put into this piece of software. However, it is the only client that you can use to connect more than 500 peers with download rate of more than 1500KB per second. I run this piece of software on a very old Pentium 2 400MHz machine and there is no lagging or hanging even at this load. So it remains unrivaled as my favorite bit torrent client.

For exeem, the new coming p2p software, I think it is not very stable at the moment. Some users also complained that some nodes cannot be connected. Wikpedia has come up with the following criticisms.

Criticisms of eXeem arose soon after it debuted (and after sloncek's 'unveiling'). These include:
eXeem's for-profit operating model, including support through advertising (much akin to Kazaa) and a public beta that included the adware program Cydoor. A spyware-free version, eXeem Lite was subsequently released, and eXeem has since dropped Cydoor from version 0.21 onward.

Closed source code development, in contrast with the open source model followed by the BitTorrent specification, which eXeem aspires to replace.

No initial Linux or Mac versions, with no ability of third parties to port the code beyond Windows (as eXeem is closed source).

Point 3 is not fair but I think points 1 and 2 are quite justified and valid.

I use bittornado cuz its the most fastest and easy to use one out there. Ive used the orignal one and ABC but i got sick of them cuz i dunno why the speeds would be slow on it. Bittorando is good overall but sumtimes when i close it it freezes and it still runs in the backround which pisses me off but its still good .

azureus is too complicated but it give me a lot of information. mmm.. i like the simple one like BitComet... really..really simple.. so it's user friendly... :)

I voted for Azureus, because that is my personal favorite. It is extremely easy to use and manage multiple torrents. Also, I have never had any problems with it at all. The only problem is that it is based on Java, which is pretty crappy, but it is implemented very well. The advantage of Java, though, is that it can be compatible with many systems, which is of course a plus. But, it is an extremely good client, and I suggest everyone at least try it :).

I use BitComet because it is one of the balanced BT client I've ever: doesnt require alot of memory, fast dl/ul, file selection before download, doesnt minimize to tray and loads of configurations (yet not confusing like azureus)