xisto Community
mach

HTML Editors Which one ?

Having used Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004, I found that there is really many difference between all these web page designer.:)However, seem the static html pages could be easy made by these tools, but not the dynamic ones. Now I turn to use notepad sometimes to write some php files and use cuteftp to upload my pages. I feel more freely to make the pages, and control it freely now. One of my friends also think that using text editor may also have the chance to use the current enhancement of web technologies.

You may use the MX 2004 for 30 days, I think there is enough time for you to design your website. I download one for trial, and there is 20 days left. I don't know currently if I could re-install the software to continue the trial.

I use Macromedia Dreamweaver MX. I started out using Netscape Composer coz it was what we used in our class. But after i tried Dreamweaver 3, i never looked back. I was also able to use Frontpage for a while but Dreameaver is still the best HTML editor out there. =)

Well, I use AceHTML HTML editor. It has a lot of features in the form of tabs and stuff. But if you want a neat and usually well done and hand-tailored website, I'd suggest wordpad or notepad or something of that sort. Good luck in your website ventures, :)

I also use HTMLKit. I really like it, becaus it`s free :), and works very fine. If you want to download this program, you should visit the html-kit website.

Good luck with making your site!

I use Dreamweaver MX which I have been using it for about a good year now. I find it very good for editing of php, html, java, asp and much more..I think it is good how alot of syntax and snippets is included in dreamweaver because I always forget some certain tags. The other day I tried Adobe GoLIVE which looked pretty good, but it seemed to have really slow loading and a few error, which put me off it a bit.Despite the often slow loading rate of Dreamweaver, I still give dreamweaver a vote because it doesn't contain nearly as many errors as Golive.

I use Dreamweaver MX which I have been using it for about a good year now.

I think it is good how alot of syntax and snippets is included in dreamweaver because I always forget some certain tags.

And have I, for the same reason. In coding mode, though, because the WYSIWYG mode could never make any decent sites like you could in coding mode. :)

The other day I tried Adobe GoLIVE which looked pretty good, but it seemed to have really slow loading and a few error, which put me off it a bit.

Despite the often slow loading rate of Dreamweaver, I still give dreamweaver a vote because it doesn't contain nearly as many errors as Golive.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I should try GoLive, I heard it uses the Opera engine to preview the page, which alone would make me very interrested in it. Errors in it, you say? Hmm, I'll have to find out myself I think, getting it right now. :)

I use... Dreamweaver? FrontPage? nope... Notepad :) Yeah, notepad+IE+Firefox....Used to have Opera but reinstalled windows and I still haven't install opera again... will do...I like to code sites by my own hand and That's the only way to know exactly what's happening... All HTML editors make their own codes and adds them to your site without asking :)So I like my notepad... :P

Not really, I use Dreamweaver in Coding mode only, disabled any code generation stuff and write it all myself. It's as though I'm working in notepad but at least I have some tag completion, which is very handy, and some colouring to keep the order and make it easier to oversee your code.