xisto Community
mach

HTML Editors Which one ?

Best tool till date is DREAMWEAER.I am a great fan of it. You can design great pages with it even if you donot know anything about HTML !! and in the hands of a pro, it creates superb pages.But regardless of which editor you use, in order to create a good page you should know HTML real well !! and you should be able to use notepad to edit your site !!

You can design great pages with it even if you donot know anything about HTML !!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's the bad thing about it. I started off with FrontPage, but now use Notepad - and only Notepad. It might be harder to learn HTML properly, but believe me, it's worth it - a bit of hard work to start of with is a hell of a lot better than spending a week debugging the crap that Microsoft call HTML. I hope I've made my point :) .

You ought to try something with colouring and code completion, it'll ease your life alot. :) Like Dreamweaver as Coder.

well... notepad is the free version of dreamweaver, and its a good starting point to build a web site. nothing bad with it just lack of functions while dreamweaver is expensive and have lot's function, you should try those functions too. it ease your work and increase your productivity.

Which HTML editor u use and why ? Maybe u know some web code editor which corects syntax ?

I use ACEHTML Pro 6 it looks like weary interesting it is very handy, easy to use when u lern how to work with it. Can look developed page on the more browzers and so on ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

macromedia dremweaver mx 2004 is the one I use with very good results

Hi you all!
I'm a little bit surprised that no one has mentioned 1stPage 2000.
It's a bit old, but it's free and beats most of the expensive one's " all of them I think :P"
There's a new version under development, but it's been delayed.
1stPage 2000 was way ahead when it came out, so it will still do just fine!
It has a large fan club and support is great!
Download...
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

cheers

I use HTML Kit too. Dreamweaver is great but you don't always need all those options... O and HTML Kit has tidy! :P Seriously, Html kit is clean and handy, and it uses not much ram, unlike dreamweaver :P

I used to use notepad all the time but lately i have begun to use dreamweaver MX 2004 more often. Only in coding mode of course. It is a little slow but the extra options save quite alot of time. It especially helps when i get to adding colours :P .

Notepad is the best for HTML editing, Unless you prefer making you coding easy. I usually end up with many errors when i work with advanced editors. Notepad ownz all!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Notepad is good and simple. However you just can't pass the extra features in Dreamweaver MX. It makes coding so much faster. The main reason I use it is that I can't for the life of me remember the hex colour system. With Dreamweaver I don't have to :P .

When it comes to hexing, (lol) I usually use Photoshop to make my images, then just use the dropper tool or the color select tool to find the color I want, and it gives me the hex code for it. And since my HTML is usually pretty simple (but effective), I don't bother with advanced coders. Escpecially since they don't have the full functionality that testing with IE does. (For instance, a Javascript I was using for the menu didn't show on Dreamweaver).