xisto Community
kc8yff

Best FTP Client

Gad didnt realize how long Ive been useing the version of ws_ftp I have looked it up and found out it is version 5.0. Wonder if it is against copy rights if i gave this copy away for free??? to anyone that wanted a copy??? this was a free copy then. Need to contact Xisto first before i offer it out or for them to contact me first.

For ftp, I just use Coffee Cup Free FTP, it is a freeware, ftp client, works great too. I never wanted to buy a ftp client, so I downloaded a so called "Top Of The Line FTP Client" trial version, tried it for 30 days, and my free coffee cup ftp has all the same options and everything it has. Maybe it does not have one or two options, but most primary options were there. I definately reccomend it to everyone, especially to new people just starting FTP, it is very easy, simple to use, not to mention, FREE! Check it out today!

FlashFXP, and FileZilla tie, they are both very different, and use them in hand at the same time to accomplish different tasks, it's not the best, but it works... It really does work VERY well. :D

I only use Flashfxp, have always done. Its the easiest ive found to use and it comes in handy for other aspects of computing, as i use it for website uploading and for my xbox . It works great on both of them.

Does anybody know some free FTP??? And as good as CuteFTP? THanks for your help!!!

I am using Filezilla, it's at least as goot ad CuteFtp. It's specially comfortable with Xisto, because it allows you correcting permissions settings with some programs where you have to add write execution permissions on the uploaded files. I use it for writing down my scritps and for making backups of my sites.I would say try it first, it's free and you don't have any risk (no 30-days-left or de-installing problem).
You will find it here :
https://filezilla-project.org/
:D

Hello Brother I Agree Cuteftp iS really Great One. But the finest of them all i Found Was 3d Ftp That not only Does what cuteftp Does but it can Check your hosting provider speed So that way you can look for fastest hosting ... There is inbuilt Speedometer king Meter which will measure The server Speed. And that is best feature i ever saw.. And To my surprise Xisto provides better speed than my Paid Server .I Also Think 3d ftp is a bit faster Than cuteftp. I used 30 day trial . Give it a try buddy .... Its the Best Uploader I saw. And it organises Better than what cuteftp Does! Best of luck frenz hope you Like It ...! Its fully loaded FTP Client Trust me ... Regards ,Casanova

i would have to say WS_FTP pro 2005 is by far definetly the best ftp client out there its easy to use everything is simple to find, the only thing i dont like its the complete sound, but thats easily fixed by deleting the sound file B)

At home I use (and love) CuteFTP. It's extremely simple with a few nice features. At work I use WS_FTP Pro. Why? I dunno .. because the boss-man says! B)Anyways, my votes on CuteFTP. However, I haven't really tried many. I want to look into Filezilla and SmartFTP and see if they're better than Cute. Also, maybe Coffee Cup~.

I use LeechFTP I`ts cool and is free. The interface is simple to use everything you need :) hahahIt supports multiple file downloads/uploads, recursive directory transfers, a file queue, bandwidth limiting, file resuming and recognizes spaces in file names. Cool

For normal users FTP clients usually have many complicated functions that aren't really necessary. If you are like I am (a normal user), you might of think of using Total Commander for FTPing. Beside using it as a FTP manager, you can also use it as a file manager. The functions it offers for FTPing are quite enough for me - you can connect, copy and delete :lol: As for CHMODing, you have to type "site chmod xxx filename", but I don't think that's a problem. I don't see why we shouldn't use the best file manager for FTP, too.

smartftp for me. It was the first ftp program I used, and with the newest update, it is even better.They have redone the whole interface to use the windows xp theme and it looks much cleaner.I suggest that people use smartftp also because it is free for personal use.It supports easy drag and drop file transfers as well as ftp to ftp transfers.I highly recommend this client to anyone that needs an ftp client :lol:-HellFire