xisto Community
web_designer

Is The Forum Loads Slow For Everyone!? [resolved]

Well, it is terrible to me too, even though I use Google Chrome.On occasions, it takes minutes to open a topic, I also get the error on top after logging in, and the forum always seems to forget me, although the "remember me" box is ticked.Yesterday I recommended Xisto to someone who was looking for hosting, they said the things Xisto offered were great, but they did have their reservations when they saw this forum in action.I wonder if anyone could do something to make this a proper forum again, as, it seems that, when you mention anything about the bad points of this forum, all you get is being laughed at in your face.By the way, I also got an error after posting this reply (not the first time this happens neither).

Edited by mrdee (see edit history)

You are not alone. I have problems loading the page I didn?t enter to the site five months ago... well I know that all the changes to evolutionate are necessary but I still remember the old Xisto.com forum that have a kind environment... The pages were simple and the load was fast and didn?t have any flash page in the welcome page... And of course the Mycents updates were so fast that in a few hours you could to use your money and pay your billing account and continue posting only for fun... But the Xisto forum is totally different and I don?t know if this change is because to the new desing of the site or to a change in the people who manage the site...Please come back to the old desing of Xisto.com to recover all the things that made me register in this fantastic forum...And if you can?t to back to the old desing please you can boost this site because it?s a little annoyed to be waiting for the load of the page and be waiting for the mycents update...

Don?t you hate it when you?re surfing the net, and the website you?re trying to access takes forever to load? There?s a common misconception out there that slow loading websites are the result of a poor internet connection. Although this can be the case, there is another common culprit ? the server the website is hosted on.The internet is essentially a collection of servers, all connected to each other. Every website on the internet lives, or is hosted on a server ? it?s like the house a website lives in. Servers can be small office based systems, or located in gigantic data centres that host literally millions of websites.So how does a server affect the loading speed of your website?1. DistanceWhere is your target market located? If you?re market is local, it?s important to have your website hosted on a local server. Why? If you?re targeting New Zealanders, but your website is hosted on a server in the States, this causes loading speed problems. This is because when your internet connection calls on the server to access the website, the signal has to travel through pipes from New Zealand to the USA, and then back again to your connection in New Zealand. That?s a pretty long way! Having your website hosted on a server in New Zealand makes for a much quicker load time.2. Server LoadImagine a server is like a house. If there are only a few people living in a house, everyone can live in harmony a lot easier than if you?ve got people sleeping on the floors and cuing up for the bathroom in the morning, right? A server is the same. If the server your website lives on is managed well, and has the right number of websites hosted on it, then they can work in harmony together. But if the server is overloaded with too many websites living on it, with too many internet surfers trying to access them at the same time, this clogs up the server and effects loading speed. It?s like having 20 people living in a three bedroom house, all trying to cook dinner at the same time.So why does this whole server thing matter?Studies show that if your website takes more than 8 seconds to load on a 56k modem, you risk losing the visitor, it?s that simple. It?s like going to a retail shop, and seeing a ?back in 10mins? sign on the door. Will you hang around, or just go somewhere else? If a visitor gets impatient, and clicks away before even getting to your website, how can they buy your products or enquire about your services?So what can you do?1. Ask where the servers are located? Are they local or overseas?2. Ask for an uptime (% of time the server is functional and working as expected) guarantee ? this should be at 99.5% or better.3. Ask if you?re on a shared server. These servers are typically more overcrowded than Virtual Private Servers which are the recommended option.

i am wondering am i the only one or the forum loads very slow to all of you???the whole last week i was hardly could open Xisto, it loads very slow that i feel boring from waiting and then close the whole page.

add to that every time i log in the forum logged me off and when i log in again it keeps me online. and always i get a page of error when i log in the first time. so i really want to know, is this happening to everyone or it is just me?? maybe the forum doesn't like me anymore and decided to piss me off :D.

and by the way, i tested my network connection and it works fine, all other websites load fast for me only the forum, i even checked that in many browsers. and what the weird thing is, all that happened in a sudden. therefor i am wondering what is going on here??

To be precise, the Xisto was a better and fast server. Not to mention its simplicity and ease of working arround. This Xisto is the stupidest sutra of its genere. I really do not understand the fact that the KS itself does not know how to speed it up, seems like its going towards the old age syndrome and death.

And I really feel sorry for the moderators who pissed me yesterday giving me warning for alleged my copy paste action. Do you think a two liner post is a copy paste act? I am ashamed that a poster like me, as per moderator, posted two liner post and that too copied from somewhere else. Crazy indeed. Are people so dumb in KS that they need to copy two lines of text from somewhere else.

And since the KS last few months, not even the single icon gets loaded and the pictures are all gone. The ugly condition of KS is worth noting.

I am a fan of Xisto and still continue to be , coz it has so many features of hosting that no other site can offer. Said that a million times before, the new site needs to be speeded up or in every case the old rotten data must be removed and archived. This is strictly because a old post is equivalent to a garbage, since you cannot reply not comment on those posts. If you do reply , you run the risk of being warned for posting on old threads and eventually banned.

I was warned once for posting on thread that was 23 months old. Hell let loose and I was banned for posting for more than 15 days. I kept on guessing what has happened untill I figured out that the moderators are too busy or are being thrashed by broom by their wives/girlfriends. Those moderators are now not seen any more, but I never ever post on topics that are even 30 days old, you never can trust a moderator's mood.

Though myCent is an automated system, the moderators are all that allow sanction on your posts or not , so eventually every thing comes down to the moderators and as I said you can never trust the mood of the moderator, so your post can be a garbage and you get warnings and not credits for your thoughts and ideas. As for now, I am pissed with the moderator that did give me a warning and so I am banging my fingers on my keyboard, since I am not able to imprint all my fingers on the face of the one who warned me.

I hope KS will come out of this dirty situation and be a faster server and not continue to be so pathetic. Even my sites like evony.com which loades 2.89 MB data in the browser loads within 30 seconds, the KS fails to load even the icons and logo, let alone any features properly.

personally, i think you need to be banned. not warned. you are trying to cheat the mycent system. stop wasting the moderators time and people like me who love nailing people like you to the wall. especially when they try to play stupid and cover up their own deceitfull acts.here is just one of your posts where you try to cheat the system. most of your posts don't even make sense or stay in line with the topic!http://forums.xisto.com/topic/75623-its-a-boy/

Anyway, back on-topic now.When I went onto the forum yesterday, I got access almost immediately, ie. the forum opened in about a second, but on he top of the page were a row of PHP error messages.Some of the frames of the forum were there, also loaded practically immediately, but due to the errors, I assume, full access to the forum was not possible (No subjects were listed and visible buttone did not react to any clicks).Now, I am not complaining about not gaining access to the forum, the point I am trying to make is that the error gave me the impression some work or maintenance was being done to the forum.Does anyone have any knowledge of this?Even now, it seems the main forum is loading slightly faster, while other functions still suffer from their unhealthy lack of speed.So, would it be possible that someone (an admin?) is taking the bull by the horns and has started a resurrection of the Xisto forums/community?Like i said, if anyone has any further knowledge of this, please let us know.We are living in hope.

I think the server is the problem. As i can see , the index page is 600KB but it loads like it is a 8MB :) It might be because administrators are not checking this forum enough , and optimizing back-end isn't easy. Bandwidth could be a problem too. Why not a bigger administrative crew? Because it needs so much time to handle a website like this and it is a huge work for administrators and all people.You could join another PTH(Post-to-host) website , like some sponsorshiip or something like that. So the crew will be better and the site will load faster , and problems will solve quicker :P

Same for me, the forums load very slowly, at first I thought it was my connection, but other sites open quite well, but Xisto and Xisto are very slow. I think Xisto is even slower..It's quite hard to post like that, you need to wait ages for the topic to open, so I just open all the interesting to read topics in new tab and try to read them and reply if possible :DSometimes I just get a response from the server with the error message 504 :P which means "HTTP Error 504 Gateway timeout"I hope things will work out as I almost out of myCents to pay for my account, need to continue to be a bit more active on the forums, but as it's been told, when it loads the page to reply, you forget what you wanted to say :D

well actually, i have been getting timed out when trying to load the forum. also, i always check mark the box to stay logged in so i don't have to log in every time and it's being reset to me having to log in more now. i think obviously someone is working on the forum to fix the errors and such that pop up every now and then, but i doubt any significant changes will be occuring as i said before in another thread that there are rumors that opaque is working on a new ks. so until that is finished, i wouldn't hold your breath on any significant changes. just maybe the ones that are causing the errors and possibly changes to speed up the loading time hopefully if it IS the server

Hmm, very strange thing is going on, with help of a German VPN now i can load the forum very fast, i don't know why this happens but with my normal connection it takes about 1 minute or more for me to be able to see the first page but now when i use the VPN connection i can load the first page just under 5 seconds and this is really weird. i found that when i use this VPN the delay time (ping) of this website is around 50 mseconds bit with my normal connection it is about 300mseconds so i thought that maybe the speed of forum loading is related to dns server that i'm currently using for my normal connection, so i tried to search and find some german dns servers, after that i tried some of them but the result was not satisfying and not comparable to the time that i use VPN. so i don't know what happens when i use VPN but it is clear that with a German IP i'm able to load forum much faster than a u.s. IP and i can't find any reason for that. now about errors that appear sometimes in above of the page, i think those errors are related to a bug which sometimes shows up and i don't think those are related to anyone working on the forum. @darko100 : I don't think that the speed problem is related to server load because i think that this website is using a dedicated server not a shared one and so with this little amount of users online the server load should not be a big problem. and i don't think that bandwidth is a problem too because for this amount of users coming to this website everyday a 10mbps port will be enough and there is no need to more bandwidth. and i think a bigger administrator crew itself is not a solution because if you see around you will find we have a lot of moderators right now but the problem is that most of them are inactive so i think an active moderator is much better than 100 of inactive ones.Now i think that there is a problem with some restrictions on the server input, i think the server is denying high speed connections and restricted speed on some IPs so when i use a German IP i can load forum a lot faster. now the most simple solution we can use is using google chrome because i found it is able to load forum a lot faster than mozilla firefox and opera so i'm currently using that for seeing this website and posting here, but it is not a magic anyway and you still need to wait a lot to see the new reply page with its text editor button :P .

well, i think i should say something from time to time since i am the topic starter :). for me, the unfortunately the forum is still loading slow and sometimes very slow that i can't wait and give up and close the browser. i don't know where is the problem or why, but as i can see it is everyone problem so it is kind of relieving that it isn't just me who is suffering around here :D and it is more exciting to see more new members signing up here and more old members are still posting :). hope things will be better soon for the forum and about me i will still passing by and posting whenever i have time.

The forums are always slow for some reason. Good thing I got hosting with them and the hosting doesn't reflect the forums. So that's a good thing :)But it's just annoying when you're trying to make your posts, interact with others, connect, and you can't load 'em up. I noticed it's the same thing at the Xisto forums. Very very slow.Guess you just have to have patience. HUGE Database it's working with. They ought to condense it or optimise it.. something!